Thread: Wild West MMO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    It would be fun, but how many raids can you have consisting of some sort of shoot out. Being in a wild west setting kind of really limits the amounts of possibilities for multiple interesting pve encounters. Now if the game was based around pvp I can see it working.
    i can think of a few wild west raids and dungeons that would be perfect

-bank robbery
    -gold mine raid
    -gang hideout raid
    -Mexican revolution battle
    -Indian war battle

and theres even more

10+ Year Old Account
    For about 6 months, I ran a Steampunk Western Tabletop RPG (which now the party are no longer in the West) and I was thinking as I ran it how fluid an MMO derived from the Wild West could be. It'd be an awesome idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    I think if its done by Red dead redemptions team it could work.
    They don't all need to be fantasy, we need a wild west and a sci fi mmo now and again.
    Sci-Fi MMOs often fail, which is (in my opinion only) probably why more aren't made.

Star Trek Online's been a bust.
    Tabula Rasa fell faster than a brick.
    SWG is a zombie.

At least Old Republic to look forward to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

I think a Wild West MMO could be cool and a refreshing change. I love fantasy but it's been done to death. Imagine the cool classes that could be in the game; old fashion gunslinger, Mexican Bandito, Indian Hunter, some type of rifleman. PvP could be great with large, epic gunfights.
    http://thegamerclown.blogspot.com
    News, reviews, and plenty of gaming humor. New posts every Sunday.
    Latest Post: April 28, 2011 "Spine Ripping Good Fun"

Deleted
    I could imagine it working on a smaller scale MMO. I can't really see it working in a full scale, WoW type, MMO with real endgame etc.

But gang vs. gang warfare, Military, Indians etc. could all make a pretty good mix.

However I don't think the Wild West has such a large audience compared to Fantasy. It could work, but maybe end up more like Borderlands or Tabula Rasa.

A Wild West MMO could be more like a sandbox type with outstanding pvp shootouts, taking over and building towns, player shops, looting other players' shops etc.. Endless possibilities.

Take a look at Fallen Earth, chaps.

cwutididthar?

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    wild west + sci-fi mmo?
    Firefly mmo

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a "Weird West" MMO would be better than one entirely grounded in reality. Think Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare DLC or the old Deadlands RPG. Wild West with werewolves, ghosts, Native American medicine men with actual powers etc.

I always felt that Borderlands had a Western-like feel. Not sure if anyone else would share the idea...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flamejackal View Post
    I always felt that Borderlands had a Western-like feel. Not sure if anyone else would share the idea...
    To me it had more in common with Fallout... but yea, Borderlands was an great game which I put a lot of hours into!

interesting topic, bump!

Quote Originally Posted by destrokii View Post
    interesting topic, bump!
    Go carefully, mein freund.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor View Post
    13.2. Bumping threads
    With exception of the guild recruitment forums, we do not allow you to bump threads.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...=1#post5647781