Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    I only see an issue with the GPU
    And it's a rather big issue, it's not a card for anyone playing games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt its an issue, but have you tried playing in fullscreen? Or even Windowed (Fullscreen)?

Definitely the video card, that card has less power than old Nvidia 8600GTs!

Look at http://www.hwcompare.com and see just how low that card scores

Good comparison on Tom's http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...6990,2879.html
    Last edited by ZeroWashu; 2011-03-24 at 11:34 PM.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    PS WTF are you doing in dalaran ??
    Working the AH. Since dalaran is completely empty, it's less laggy...faster to retrieve mails and post stuff on the ah, etc. And I'm a mage, so...hey it's the city of mages!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Depends on your budget really.

~$100 : GTS450 or R5770 <- even these have about 5x more graphics power than your current card and will run WoW smoothly
    ~$150 : GTX460 or R6850
    ~$200 : R5870 (not recommended for future proofing because of crap tesselation, but has excellent performance for price in older games)
    ~$250 : GTX560ti or R6950
    ~$350 : GTX570 or R6970

And if you have more money than common sense : GTX590 or R6990
    I have no budget limitations but before I upgrade my CPU in the future for a i7 I presume i'd stay at a 150€ budget so around 200$.

Looks like i'll buy the GTX or the R6850. (now need to figure out if I can replace a graphics card myself or should I let the shop handle it)

Thanks for the feedback guys!

get a better gfx card, the one you have atm looks rather small and it dosnt say how much onbord ram it had, i'd assume you current one has virtualy none and the reason you lag in raids is your partical dencity being maxed(10/25 players spells rendering at max dencity)
    get a card with 1gig onboard even an old one and you'll see improvments.

Quote Originally Posted by Counterfire View Post
    I have no budget limitations but before I upgrade my CPU in the future for a i7 I presume i'd stay at a 150€ budget so around 200$.

Looks like i'll buy the GTX or the R6850. (now need to figure out if I can replace a graphics card myself or should I let the shop handle it)

Thanks for the feedback guys!
    Replacing a graphics card is probably the easiest thing there is to do in a PC, so you're lucky. Four easy steps;

1) Before buying, make sure your current PSU has a 6-pin connector for your GPU. If it doesn't, you will need a new one for any good GPU.
    2) When you have the card, put it in the slot. It's really simple; where it fits, that's where it belongs. It's really that simple.
    3) Connect the 6-pin connector to your PSU (the same connector as in #1). Extremely easy, there again.
    4) Boot up, download latest drivers, reboot.

That's it. In under 5 minutes you can go from having no video card to up and running at 100%. Remember: nothing can go where it doesn't belong. You can't really "plug it in the wrong place".

10+ Year Old Account
    Swap that 5450 out for a 6870/6950/GTX 560 Ti/GTX 570 or if u have no budget limits a GTX 580. You Should get decent FPS with that.

Even WoW can sometimes use 99% of my GTX 460 in places like Nagrand, high in the air, Azshara or Mount Hyjal, blame the badly optimized GFX engine.

Do not expect 60 fps in heavy crowded places like SW even with a i7, wow simply cant use all of the resources from high-end computers which results pretty much the same fps as an i5.
    Last edited by driftguy1234; 2011-03-27 at 09:19 AM.

[Black Vantage][Mobo: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe][CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz]
    [GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW] [RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600mhz][SSD: OCZ Agility 120GB]
    [HDD: WD Caviar Green 1TB + 1TB Blue][Case: NZXT Switch 810][PSU: XFX Core Edition 750w][OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit]

I've also heard of issues with some of the Razer Naga causing jerky movement at times. I think they've updated their drivers to help with this. Could this be part of your problem?

First of all what would be your budget for a gpu? As more than likley your current set up wont have a decent a PSU.

If thats the case you will need a new powersupply to go with a new gpu.