1. #34641
    Bloodsail Admiral Jaronicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Land of Oz
    Posts
    1,227
    Just letting you all know that I am being my SWTOR character for Halloween. Just about to head out to the party/bars (hooray for Melbourne Cup day off!) will post pics when I can get my hand on them! Cheers guys

  2. #34642
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,032
    Yay, new week, new chance at Beta invites!!!

    Bioware, 'Help me help you'
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  3. #34643
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Yay, new week, new chance at Beta invites!!!

    Bioware, 'Help me help you'
    Well then let's hope that they deploy the new build this week!

  4. #34644
    I am Murloc! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I'm interested to see how an Assassin/shadow tank will play out. Will they rely on talents that increase their armor bonus from leather or w/e, or will they be an evasion tank kind of like Rift's riftstalker? ONLY TIME SHALL TELL I SUPPOSE!
    I'm pretty sure this isn't breaking the NDA, because all the info is taking from a combination of posts on the official forums and clips from officially released videos so....

    Basically Assassin's have an ability 'Dark Charge' this increases armor by 150%, threat gen by 50% and gives a 50% chance on hit to deal a small amount of damage and healing(again taking the EV demo as a benchmark, it was dealing around 30 damage, and 60 healing, critting for 90), basically taking Sith Warriors as the base, Assassin's will have sslliigghhttllyy higher Avoidance(don't forget the spell they showed us rriigghhtt back when they announced Assassin's could tank, which increased Block chance by 15%) and slightly less armor (~5% more/less for each), then they will have a little self healing to make up for any potential small spikes they MIGHT take (Overcharged Saber is another move they've show us, which increases the healing of Dark Charge by 300%! sadly it's only for 10sec every 2 mins )

    overall they sound by far the most fun tanks to play , which is why I plan to make one my main
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

  5. #34645
    Scarab Lord zealous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back in teh USSR
    Posts
    4,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    overall they sound by far the most fun tanks to play , which is why I plan to make one my main
    Pshaw, sissy in a skirt.

    Oh wait, t8 and t10 were my favorite tiers and I tanked in them.

    Nevermind, SW still rules, I just need come up with another offensive argument why SI tanks are sissies.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

  6. #34646
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    Just letting you all know that I am being my SWTOR character for Halloween. Just about to head out to the party/bars (hooray for Melbourne Cup day off!) will post pics when I can get my hand on them! Cheers guys
    I don't know how many of you are from the Midwest and remember that crazy snowstorm 20 years ago today, but it was my first or second Halloween. 28 inches of snow I trudged through to get my candy. I went as Han Solo that year and pretended I was on Hoth.

  7. #34647
    I am Murloc! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Pshaw, sissy in a skirt.

    Oh wait, t8 and t10 were my favorite tiers and I tanked in them.

    Nevermind, SW still rules, I just need come up with another offensive argument why SI tanks are sissies.
    haha come up with any arguement you want as to why SI's are sissies, I'll still be there, tankin your raids like a badass
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

  8. #34648
    Scarab Lord zealous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back in teh USSR
    Posts
    4,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    haha come up with any arguement you want as to why SI's are sissies, I'll still be there, tankin your raids like a badass
    Not if I force-choke you, lock you in a locker, and go tank them myself.

    SW tanks all the way baby!

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-31 at 06:31 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Aundas View Post
    I don't know how many of you are from the Midwest and remember that crazy snowstorm 20 years ago today
    Even if I were from the Midwest US, I'd have a hard time remembering anything seeing as I was around 8 months old :P
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

  9. #34649
    Screw both you weaklings. Only Jedi Knights have the constitution to balance both the Light Side of the force as well as Tanking.

    Go home and kill some Sandpeople.

  10. #34650
    Scarab Lord zealous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back in teh USSR
    Posts
    4,136
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    Screw both you weaklings. Only Jedi Knights have the constitution to balance both the Light Side of the force as well as Tanking.

    Go home and kill some Sandpeople.
    Don't you have to be meditating somewhere?

    I hope your guild is ok with their tank taking a break during a boss fight to look into his inner self.

    You're welcome to join the Empire if you ever realize the Jedi code doesn't suit you.

    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.


    vs

    There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    There is no death, there is the Force.


    I think the first one better suits a real warrior.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-10-31 at 06:49 PM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

  11. #34651
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Don't you have to be meditating somewhere?

    I hope your guild is ok with their tank taking a break during a boss fight to look into his inner self.

    You're welcome to join the Empire if you ever realize the Jedi code doesn't suit you.

    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    At least I'll be meditating and not messing with my torso-mounted lite-brite (Thanks Robot Chicken.)

  12. #34652
    Scarab Lord zealous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back in teh USSR
    Posts
    4,136
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    At least I'll be meditating and not messing with my torso-mounted lite-brite (Thanks Robot Chicken.)
    I think you're in the wrong era, man.

    Try setting your time machine back 3k years =)

    As far as I'm concerned, Palpatine is a comical character. I mean does anyone actually take him seriously? Goofy old dude thinking he's the ultimate force of darkness, lol. Gimme a break.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

  13. #34653
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    I think you're in the wrong era, man.

    Try setting your time machine back 3k years =)

    As far as I'm concerned, Palpatine is a comical character. I mean does anyone actually take him seriously? Goofy old dude thinking he's the ultimate force of darkness, lol. Gimme a break.
    Ok, fine, lets go back 3k years. Hmm. Malak. Malgus. There seems to be a pattern here. Miss your jawbone much? At least the Jedi aren't a bunch of cripples.


  14. #34654
    Scarab Lord zealous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back in teh USSR
    Posts
    4,136
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    Ok, fine, lets go back 3k years. Hmm. Malak. Malgus. There seems to be a pattern here. Miss your jawbone much? At least the Jedi aren't a bunch of cripples.

    Malgus's jawbone is intact, tyvm.

    And Malak lost his because he challenged Revan, when the latter was still a 100% Sith.

    So your argument is invalid, the Empire has the real warriors. And the Republic has yoga instructors. Good luck trying to fight us with your ankles behind your ears.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

  15. #34655
    Yes, the empire has real warriors.

    haydenchristensen.jpg

    :P

  16. #34656
    Scarab Lord zealous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back in teh USSR
    Posts
    4,136
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    Yes, the empire has real warriors.

    haydenchristensen.jpg

    :P
    1. Again, wrong era.

    2. He was a pansy-ass traitor. And he died. The Republic got his even gayer version in the form of his son. So you lose, again :P
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

  17. #34657
    Well, then I'll just mention how Marka Ragnos' resurrected spirit was punked by fledgling knight.

  18. #34658
    Scarab Lord zealous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back in teh USSR
    Posts
    4,136
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    Well, then I'll just mention how Marka Ragnos' resurrected spirit was punked by fledgling knight.
    1. Again, wrong era =)

    2. Ragnos was controlled by a crazy chick who was out of her league and off her meds. He got bored with the weakling and left.

    3. How many Jedi were even able to fight in any form after dieing anyway? None. All they did was appear and annoy Luke Alternatesexualorientationwalker with cryptic "advice". So the Empire wins again.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

  19. #34659
    guys, cut it out, its just annoying

  20. #34660
    Scarab Lord zealous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Back in teh USSR
    Posts
    4,136
    Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    guys, cut it out, its just annoying
    Sorry, didn't realize we were at a scientific conference here =)

    Let me adjust my glasses, tie and cufflinks.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •