10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they did not came with LFG... I miss my fiend list with good players not from my guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    As said many times though, this is not WoW where you need 5 people. You need 4 people, and your companions can fill roles. This alone nearly eliminates the problem these other games face. I don't need to ever wait, because I can always make the group work.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by fabianos View Post
    I hope they did not came with LFG... I miss my fiend list with good players not from my guild.
    I want a fiend list too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    As said many times though, this is not WoW where you need 5 people. You need 4 people, and your companions can fill roles. This alone nearly eliminates the problem these other games face. I don't need to ever wait, because I can always make the group work.
    Although thats a fair point, DCUO has duos (two people) and alerts (four people) both of which I struggled to find groups for with same realm finder.

Again I'd like to say I highly doubt SWTOR in the first month will have these problems seen in DCUO and sincerely hope that same-realm dungeon finder is successful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    I have to agree with Geomatician. Cross-realm queuing is a Godsend for low population realms. I played DCUO as well and have seen the effects of a lack of dungeon finder in a lower population game. I'm sure Rift is doing it for similar reasons. Person X may be on a nice big realm, but there's thousands of other people on different realms that probably have almost non-existent queues. Server community doesn't really mean anything if you can't ever get into a dungeon. People are more likely to leave a game because they can't get into a dungeon (content they wish to do) than because of a random internet troll. It's also a very casual-friendly feature. No cross-server sounds like a blessing, but if they're slow to change then they will lose players. I think ruling out the feature entirely is a terrible idea that could easily hurt the quality of the game. I hope the Devs are willing to do what is necessary for the life of the game, that includes cross-server queuing if the need arises.
    Instead of destroying the servers' communities with an abomination like the cross realm LFG tool, they could easily merge realms instead or offer free transfers to more populated realms. Blizzard did it from the start and served WoW great.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilus View Post
    Instead of destroying the servers' communities with an abomination like the cross realm LFG tool, they could easily merge realsm instead or offer free transfers to more populated realms. Blizzard did it from the start and served WoW great.
    I'm guessing my comparison to DCUO was meaningless and the playerbase is probably so small it wont matter. However, in the EU there are only 4 realms. Two PvP and two PvE.

I'm kinda hoping my machine will hold up.

Intell Core2Quad 2.33 GHz, 6GB of Ram, 64 bit windows 7, and a GeForce GTS 450

It's a few years old at this point so..

I'm not ready to believe an AI can work as effectively in a dungeon as a physical player on same-level content. That's something I would need to see to believe. I'm talking at max level dungeons with actual mechanics.

Deleted
    sersly i'am so bord atm. i really look forward to this game. i feels like a drugg atm -.-

Well the game is designed with a modern game engine and it's graphic style is different from photo realistic games so it should work with simpler computers

10+ Year Old Account
    That's correct Noah. But, like WoW's dungeons, TOR's flashpoints are not brutally designed to wipe players all over the floor. They are meant for having fun. And let me tell you, they are the most enjoyable dungeon experience I have ever had. Operations will be where the real challenges lie. (Btw, that's not saying flashpoints will all be joke pushovers. They just aren't going to be as hard as people might believe)

Deleted
    I'm not ready to believe an AI can work as effectively in a dungeon as a physical player on same-level content. That's something I would need to see to believe. I'm talking at max level dungeons with actual mechanics.
    They manage to have pretty good AI tanks and healers on Dragon Age 1, so I think they have the knowledge and the ability to do that again

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking hell, I'm tired if these other TOR related flame bait threads! /end rant

After playing Wow for the last few years; I don't just believe an AI can perform as effectively as a player on same-level content, I believe an AI can even surpass the average player at just about everything.

Tell me about it. A real spark of discussion starts to surface, then gets drowned in trolls.

Tell me about it. A real spark of discussion starts to surface, then gets drowned in trolls.
    Not quite sure what you mean? I dont think i've seen trolls in this thread for quite a while. Actual derailing trolls not trollsbane!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean? I dont think i've seen trolls in this thread for quite a while. Actual derailing trolls not trollsbane!
    In regards to the other TOR related threads that popping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    In regards to the other TOR related threads that popping up.
    Ah indeed, but the other threads are mildly entertaining with all these facts about how bad SWTOR being handed to us. As long as it stays in the other threads and doesnt come back in here its all gravy tbh. Anyway, carry on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    After playing Wow for the last few years; I don't just believe an AI can perform as effectively as a player on same-level content, I believe an AI can even surpass the average player at just about everything.
    HAHA epic!

Do we know if any CE's are going to be released? Or if the packaged game will come with trial keys? I've got a group that I would like to bring over from WoW if this is a good game, but I gotta use the free trials as bait.