10+ Year Old Account
    I just priced out a brand new system for only $1300. Should be ordering the parts shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    as a tragic twist of fate, i have kotor I and II but can't play either of them on my new PC without it crashing. i tried some fixes but they didn't work

I played through KOTOR1 twice.

Was playing through KOTOR2.. till 2 nights ago.. IT happened.

A bug after I was just leaving Nar Shaddar... I'm running back to the Ebon Hawk from the Jedi Master, and then get inside, and there is NO ONE on board. Not only that.. but trying to move to the next planet leaves me stuck in space.

If anyone knows a solution I would gladly give them a hug? Or a cookie? With Boba's face on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    Not even in xp compatiability mode? Steam version works well.
    tried xp mode. still froze up when it got close to cut-scenes...i know theres a patch, but i can never find a site that actually has a windows 7 fix. always vista...

Deleted
    Not even in xp compatiability mode? Steam version works well.
    i tried everything aswel i could find, can't get it to work (i have steam version btw)

guess it depends a bit on you graphics card or something? dunno gave up trying

Deleted
    Well my pc destroyed that test. Wasn't hugely worried, but it is a good 2-3 years old.

As for AC switching, I'm glad they've put it in, depending on how they do it. First time easy I'm completely behind. But what'll make it difficult for future switches? I'm not interested in yet another money sink. Give us an epic repeatable story quest on a cooldown that has us retrieving some sort of item from some sort of awesome cave or something (I'll leave the story to Bioware). If it's just a really expensive respec then I'd rather just have to level 2 characters to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellomourn View Post
    If anyone knows a solution I would gladly give them a hug? Or a cookie? With Boba's face on it.
    I geif yousa cookie!

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    im so bored gyaah

Trolls that cookie is going straight into the maw of my Sarlacc

Plus looks like might be able to face you on the field of battle, and then push you into a sarlacc pit

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellomourn View Post
    I played through KOTOR1 twice.

Was playing through KOTOR2.. till 2 nights ago.. IT happened.

A bug after I was just leaving Nar Shaddar... I'm running back to the Ebon Hawk from the Jedi Master, and then get inside, and there is NO ONE on board. Not only that.. but trying to move to the next planet leaves me stuck in space.

Check this?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/92060...-sith/55618099

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 03:09 PM ----------

Trolls that cookie is going straight into the maw of my Sarlacc

Plus looks like might be able to face you on the field of battle, and then push you into a sarlacc pit
    I would love that! And as I am falling, I will grappel you and take you with me! Epic FU death. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Check this?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/92060...-sith/55618099

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 03:09 PM ----------

I would love that! And as I am falling, I will grappel you and take you with me! Epic FU death. =)
    In his belly we will find a new definition of pain and suffering as we are slowly digested over a thousand years. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    i got the game to work by just disabling the movies in game. seems fine now.

In his belly we will find a new definition of pain and suffering as we are slowly digested over a thousand years. :P
    I'm pretty sure Troll's Mandalorian armor will buy him enough time to fix his jet pack... you though... you're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I'm pretty sure Troll's Mandalorian armor will buy him enough time to fix his jet pack... you though... you're screwed.
    Im wearing Jedi armour and could cut myself out with my Lightsaber, that or Force Levitate out.

10+ Year Old Account
    The confirmed AC switching is a huge plus, I was worried about that. Like Trolls and many others, at first I was against it as it seemed to take all importance out of your decision making process with your class, but let's face it; at the end of the day, it's a video game and playability should be top priority. After all, once the playability is natural and smooth, that's when the real immersion begins. That's when you're able to feel comfortable enough with the game to take yourself out of your chair and go completely into the world, so to speak.

On a more practical note, I really wanted to try Trooper healing. I think playing a healer with a HUGE gun could lead to some very fun possibilities. However, I personally have no idea if I'll enjoy the healing system in the game. Sometimes I absolutely love healing in MMOs (WoW, EQ2) and then other times it's so boring that it literally puts me to sleep at my keyboard (Aion, FFXI.)

This way, if it ends up being less than I'd hoped, I can still go Vanguard, which was my close second runner up choice for trooper.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Off topic, is there any major EU guilds here ? :>

Im wearing Jedi armour and could cut myself out with my Lightsaber, that or Force Levitate out.
    Cheater....

Wait... a robe is sarlacc stomach acid proof? Sign me up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    tried xp mode. still froze up when it got close to cut-scenes...i know theres a patch, but i can never find a site that actually has a windows 7 fix. always vista...
    Try using the vista fix? vista and 7 work in a very similar kernel (iirc). a lot of the vista fixes will work on windows 7, the fix did for me anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the 4:00 panel is actually a Dark Horse Comics and Bioware working together panel. No demo. Q&A is still at 7, though you shouldn't expect much from it.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Cheater....

Wait... a robe is sarlacc stomach acid proof? Sign me up.
    Where Trolls will be a bounty hunter, i am going Jedi Gaurdian dps, so heavy armour and single saber

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Looks like the 4:00 panel is actually a Dark Horse Comics and Bioware working together panel. No demo. Q&A is still at 7, though you shouldn't expect much from it.
    I think we kind of expected something like that. They're doing this right; staying professional, staying discreet, building and building to the point where some of the player base is almost sick from anxiety... then BOOM. Weekend Beta invite. BOOM release date. BOOM we're installing and waiting until no one's around to inappropriately touch ourselves in uncontrollable excitement.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.