I would be all for furnishing ships, but I don't see it for launch. I do think it's a good idea for future patch/expansion content.

So if i kill one of my companions it would diminish my ability to get credits/materials for crafting? You can send them all out to gather stuff or do missions for you? I think they should allow only one or two to go out and do the chores for you. Btw how much companions do you guys think we will get in total?

Also i just started watching the gamebreaker podcast recently and i remember Mike B saying something like you get to go down and dirty (probably not too dirty) with your companions lol! He said you get to do naughty stuff with them while the other companions sit in the background just watching. Not sure if its true but if it is its pretty weird but funny at the same time lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if they'll add limits to how many of your companions can be out doing stuff or not. Not sure on how many you get. They've said bewtween 5 and 10 I believe. (Those being vague numbers. Not saying one class can get 10, and another only 5. They were just throwing that out.)

Yep, you can romance the companions, and the NPCs watching in the background was something being fixed, but very funny for sure.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I thought the original Companion Crew Skills blog said that only 3-5 companions could be out doing missions at a time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    I thought the original Companion Crew Skills blog said that only 3-5 companions could be out doing missions at a time?
    Yeah, 5 at a time. I forgot about that.

http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20101203

But, there is also this:

To be clear, you can have up to five companions working on a crafting table. You can have up to five companions working on different crafts, and have other companions out on mission skills or doing something else like missions for gathering. Crafting limits at five, but Crew Skills you could have everyone going at once because crafting for us is one third of Crew Skills.

- Daniel Erickson, BioWare
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-05-22 at 04:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Yep, you can romance the companions, and the NPCs watching in the background was something being fixed, but very funny for sure.
    you might be able to romance your companions, but i doubt you will be able to have sex with them like in previous Bioware games. Maybe a cutscene where you make out with the companion followed by a fade-to-black, but i think thats as far as its gonna go. since MMO's are open to such a wide market, a sex scene would prolly net a M rating, which would remove alot of the player base. hell, 1/4 of WoW players are like 10-15 (im guessing)

it wont be like Mass Effect 2 where you could make sweet sweet love to Miranda in the engine room (best videogame scene ever made)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, It'll be like DA:2 instead of Mass Effect or DA:O. Fade to blacks and kissing for the T rating.

Oh god, these friday updates. What is Bioware thinking? First one about walls, now one about sounds.
    They really have nothing interesting to share?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Oh god, these friday updates. What is Bioware thinking? First one about walls, now one about sounds.
    Bet they have loads to drop on us closer to the release.

Thats is warming the interest. E3 is soon, so i would not wait anything huge on fridays till convention

Deleted
    Uhhhh E3 ? There's gonna be a shit and a half ton of info dropped on us in a few weeks, so juste sit back and chillax. (and pray for the release date to be soon (tm) )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Uhhhh E3 ? There's gonna be a shit and a half ton of info dropped on us in a few weeks, so juste sit back and chillax. (and pray for the release date to be soon (tm) )
    Atleast we know its coming out this year. Personally, im thinking august/september. but, thats just speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Ligerio View Post
    Not to burst your bubble but let's say at one location there is 300 players atm, will there be 300 ships you need to search thru to find your own ship to bring your 4 friends?

Secondly, if this ship is the same for everyone, they see their ship at the same location.. how do you decide if it's your ship and not one of your 4 friends ship?

Last, what is the point? There is no customization on the ship, every ship will look the same.

I bet 10000000 on they will say on release, you can't enter a friends ship, sorry. Had to remove it 1 second before launch.
    I think you will have to be invited to visit a friends ship or talk to a "dockmaster" and ask him to take you to your friends ship

Quote Originally Posted by Carmakazie View Post
    Atleast we know its coming out this year. Personally, im thinking august/september. but, thats just speculation
    Sadly it won't be that early. If it were, Discs would already be in production, and it's quite clear they haven't finished the base code.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    Sadly it won't be that early. If it were, Discs would already be in production, and it's quite clear they haven't finished the base code.
    well fuck, i hope it will at least be this year, i cant wait till 2012

I know this may be a kinda stupid question, but i didn't want the thread to fall off the first page.

Anyways, do you think the prices of items will vary in the different planets for TOR? For example, lets say on Tatooine water is scarce and therefore it would be expensive due to the forces demand and supply. I know it might be too realistic for an MMO i guess.

But the reason i'm asking this is because i vaguely remember in KOTOR the prices of items for buying and selling were different and i would travel to different planets to get cheaper medpacs and stimulants and sell items that would be dirt cheap on one planet but it would be relatively more expensive on others.

I think it would be unlikely if it were like this in TOR (then again this is like KOTOR 3 and above) but i did find it interesting in KOTOR.

the republic is on in gamebreaker.tv
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

i want this game naww!!!!!! gonna quit wow next month and im looking forward to this pile of awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCCOTON View Post
    i want this game naww!!!!!! gonna quit wow next month and im looking forward to this pile of awesomeness.
    Since the 90% of the WOW player base are baddies, stay with it, don't ruin another good game

Trollolololol get out. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-05-22 at 10:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCCOTON View Post
    im with you on this one. WoW has gotten so boring for me since Cata came out. i hardly play at all, and am just counting the days till my subscription runs out cant wait for SWTOR, looks like it will have everything i want in a game