I'm downloading a 'certain' Beta client at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    First, I'd like to welcome the new people to the thread, and thank the lurkers for posting a bit. =)

Second, you all need to stop asking for stream info. Many people asking are not really known by the people who might have access to a stream, and that makes it too damned risky. I'm sure if you actually stop and think about it, you can understand where I am coming from. Constant talk of streams will sure as shit give this thread attention that we don't want. I'm not willing to risk this thread for shitty looking streams. The betacake stuff is fine. But live streams are something very different.

I keep this thread updated in my own free time because of my enthusiasm of this game. And from what I hear all over, people are appreciative of the work. I do not want Bioware coming down on this thread. I do not want this thread censored. I do not want drama. So please stop asking for live stream info. If you are someone who has access to live stream info, please keep it out of the thread and use PMs to communicate if you feel the need to do so.

Thanks all.
    I am pretty new to this thread, only knew about it since yesterday. I, and others I'm sure, really appreciate this thread and the info within. It's obvious you put a ton of work into the main post, that is an absurd amount of info in one spot.

I think it's just people are so excited for this game, they are scouring every nook and cranny for any tiny bit of info they can find. I know I spend way too much time doing this myself.

Anyway, this is a great thread of like minded people who are really looking forward to this game. So far I have seen far less trolling and ass-hats here than the other places I have been. I hope the main TOR community turns out like this , rather than the official forums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    Lucky dog! What country are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by stikz View Post
    Lucky dog! What country are you from?
    Not that lucky, Heroes of Might & Magic 6 keys aren't hard to get. :'(
    I've only seen others play the series, the pace might be a little too slow for me but I got the key for free anyway (pre-orders also get one).

Anyway, back on-topic of the one game to rule them all:
    I don't even think Bioware will be expanding the countries that they're inviting from much further. They've got enough people now to test the English, German and French localizations. Can't say I've got much hope of being invited to SWTOR testing.
    Apparently some Swedes and Fins have been approached as well with the questionnaire e-mail that was sent out a while back.
    Last edited by Lackluster; 2011-06-29 at 10:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't even think Bioware will be expanding the countries that they're inviting from much further. They've got enough people now to test the English, German and French localizations. Can't say I've got much hope of being invited to SWTOR testing.
    They should invite Macedonians, Bulgarians and Romanians to test! You know, because of the distance and whatnot. Yes, I'm reaching for straws.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
    They should invite Macedonians, Bulgarians and Romanians to test! You know, because of the distance and whatnot. Yes, I'm reaching for straws.
    Let's not invite Romanians!
    Some countries just seem to be full of people that do nothing but misbehave in MMOs. "Pycc? )))" still makes my blood boil.
    "Tbl CyKa e6aHa9" is my only answer.
    "ты сука ебаная" for those with fancy keyboards, I believe.
    Last edited by Lackluster; 2011-06-29 at 10:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not invite Romanians!
    Some countries just seem to be full of people that do nothing but misbehave in MMOs. "Pycc? )))" still makes my blood boil.
    "Tbl CyKa e6aHa9" is my only answer.
    Tell me about it.

Back in classic WoW, they opened migration from Skullcrusher and Warsong to Stonemaul. Needless to say, Sovietmaul received ~5 Skullcrusher international guilds, and ~100 Russian guilds. Those were not fun times.

Tell me about it.

Back in classic WoW, they opened migration from Skullcrusher and Warsong to Stonemaul. Needless to say, Sovietmaul received ~5 Skullcrusher international guilds, and ~100 Russian guilds. Those were not fun times.
    Aye, I used to play on Shadowmoon which was just as bad.
    They finally opened up free transfers out of there and every non-Russian immediately packed their bags. A few months later they opened their Russian realms, after that Shadowmoon was deserted. I logged back there once and did a /who 1-70, it returned less than 5 people on the entire realm...
    Needless to say the realm was shut down not long after.

Congrats man!!! Thank god a consistant poster in this thread got invited id like to see Buck, Trolls(i think hes in already ;-P) Geo and the Rapture Jesus get in too but enjoy.

Also the SW:tor Trailer is trending on youtube thats always nice. =-)
    Last edited by tamlus; 2011-06-29 at 10:48 PM.
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tamlus View Post
    Congrats man!!! Thank god a consistant poster in this thread got invited id like to see Buck, Trolls(i think hes in already ;-P) Geo and the Rapture Jesus get in too but enjoy.
    I've only seen others play the series, the pace might be a little too slow for me but I got the key for free anyway (pre-orders also get one).
    Different beta.

Different beta.
    Awww shucks well keep the hype high then.
    A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Aye, I used to play on Shadowmoon which was just as bad.
    Haha, who on Shadowmoon were you? (Assuming US)

I played on Shadowmoon Horde, was in the guild Bloodsworn, which later became Overrated (late in AQ40), I ended up leaving during Naxx (before they transfered to BDF) as I was dual raiding with them and Vodka on Mannoroth Alliance (my original server) and Naxx, couldn't handle raiding basically every day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure he means EU.

The Russians occupied quite a few realms before they got their own. Others did and still do. Like we had/have Sovietmaul, Greekjuros, Swescale, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Airia View Post

I played on Shadowmoon Horde, was in the guild Bloodsworn, which later became Overrated (late in AQ40), I ended up leaving during Naxx (before they transfered to BDF) as I was dual raiding with them and Vodka on Mannoroth Alliance (my original server) and Naxx, couldn't handle raiding basically every day!
    Did you even read everything he wrote?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tamlus View Post

Also the SW:tor Trailer is trending on youtube thats always nice. =-)
    not me

An interesting tidbit from DE on a question I hadn't seen an answer to yet. Its good to see that you can fix a mistake as long as you don't finish out the whole conversation piece.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hocico
    I tried the search function but didnt see anything on this.

What happens if I log out or disconnect during the middle of a conversation?
    Will I log back in and end up at the same place in the dialogue or will the conversation start over?

And if, lets say, I have a really big important choice to make, and I wanna sleep on it. Can I just abort the whole conversation and log out or do I just log out?

I guess its a technical issue, but I see a scenario where I by accident pick the wrong choice and in panic shut the computer off hoping that the decision I made didn't get saved. Could that happend?

Hey Folks,

In the event of disconnects, you will start at the beginning of the conversation, as if it never happened. You don't need to rush to turn your computer off, though. The same thing happens if you hit the Escape key in the middle of a conversation. It quits out, dumps your choices and you can start over. It’s not until the end of the conversation that it saves it out and sends it to the server. It’s a good escape hatch for when the cat walks on your keyboard or you accidently hit a response you were just browsing.

Hope that helps,
    Daniel
    source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...36#edit7102236

Did you have a lot of Russians on the US realms, too?
    Sorry for gloating over your derp-moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ronik2k2 View Post
    An interesting tidbit from DE on a question I hadn't seen an answer to yet. Its good to see that you can fix a mistake as long as you don't finish out the whole conversation piece.

source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...36#edit7102236
    That is quite nice, I never tought about it earlier because of previous experience you could just load but its nice that they you can stop a conversation if you do accidentally pick the wrong option

Did you have a lot of Russians on the US realms, too?
    Sorry for gloating over your derp-moment.
    Heh yea, and Brazilians, and many other euro's... you never specified you were on an EU server, and to the other smart-alecks.. new-flash, many, many, many Europeans play on US servers.

Heh yea, and Brazilians, and many other euro's... you never specified you were on an EU server, and to the other smart-alecks.. new-flash, many, many, many Europeans play on US servers.
    Ugh, I'm all too familiar with Brazilians and their Portugese spam as well.
    vc br???