Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    It's on the front page. =)
    I'm not particularly good with computers.
    I have Intel i7-2600 quadcore CPU @ 3.40 GHz, GTX 580 graphic card, and 4 GB ram (soon to be upgraded to 8 if needed)
    Is this enough to run it on ultra?

I wish they didn't add addons or at least they don't take over the game. WoW has made people way too dependent on them. people think they "need" addons just to play. some healing addons just makes things look so unfun and boring. you just stare at little boxes and then heal them. some are convenient which is fine but I really hope shit like deadly boss mods never finds its way here. it's a "requirement" and just makes instances less challenging when some addon is yelling at you what to do.

doesn't really seem like a whole lot to actually discuss until the game comes out though..... or at least the new beta build. I hate waiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Forum Troll View Post
    I'm not particularly good with computers.
    I have Intel i7-2600 quadcore CPU @ 3.40 GHz, GTX 580 graphic card, and 4 GB ram (soon to be upgraded to 8 if needed)
    Is this enough to run it on ultra?
    You will likely have more than enough power.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You will likely have more than enough power.
    Not sure how long I can live on this computer. Technology moves at a frightning pace.

Deleted
    Regarding the colour changing crystal we get with pre-order. Does anyone know if this only turns the weapon effect yellow or can you choose other colours? I know you can find other colour crystals in game i was just wondering about this particular one.

Eightace, it appears that the pre-order crystal is just the unique gold colour, but that could change before release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    Regarding the colour changing crystal we get with pre-order. Does anyone know if this only turns the weapon effect yellow or can you choose other colours? I know you can find other colour crystals in game i was just wondering about this particular one.
    I hope it gives us some variety, and also hope that you can use it more than once, so far, since none of the beta testers have the CE stuff, we don't know what the limits are.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrumpt View Post
    They say minor worlds and the first thing that pops into my head is the random little side planets in Mass Effect 2. Doing something like that and making it work would be amazing.
    Do you mean the scan and launch probes for resources or the little anomaly side missions?
    And on that topic i started a new character in ME2 while i wait for TOR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    I've been wondering how easy it will be to level your Crew Skills. Is it worth it to spend time while leveling to do it, or wait until 50 and just rush through it?
    From what i read on the Tester Q&A, it seems like Crew Skills can certainly be engaged while you level. But, they said that if you just use all your credits to send your crew out on missions to collect mats/do diplomacy, you gonna run out fast and your not gonna have money to buy mounts and abilities.

But, if you just go collecting mats yourself, then i dont see the problem. Since you inevitably gonna run across tons of mats while you level,you might as well train up your professions while you are there.

But about the Treasure Hunting, Diplomacy and Underworld Trading, i think only your companions can progress those skills. i dont think you can personally go out to do those things, you just give your companion some credits, and they do it for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was odd...
    Databases die or something?

Do you think it would be worthwhile to take slicing over the preferred secondary crew skill in order to get more credits? Or would the lack of whatever the other one provides (from treasure hunting, diplomacy, or underworld trading) cause a lack of extra credits?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    Well that was odd...
    Databases die or something?
    When you use shitty hardware and are only working on the bare minimum requirements to run a multi-million-user system for several different websites, yeah, they do.

Do you think it would be worthwhile to take slicing over the preferred secondary crew skill in order to get more credits? Or would the lack of whatever the other one provides (from treasure hunting, diplomacy, or underworld trading) cause a lack of extra credits?
    I basically plan to take diplomacy and slicing, for money and for extra LS/DS points.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they nerf slicing really bad (cause it was OP last build) I plan on leveling with 2 gathering (scavenging an bio most likely) and slicing. I'll rely on my guildmates for crafting. I'll just farm mats and make credits on the way to 50.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    There will be a shortage of healers.
    Two reasons -
    1) No macros, so great healers like me who use mouse-over macros won't be healing. (I absolutely despise clicking on people, targeting them, and then healing. It's inefficient and ridiculous.)
    2) No addons, so great healers that use healbot/voodoo won't be healing.

This statement is ridiculous.

Great healers will be great healers without these tools, and using these certainly didn't make someone a great healer, although it could certainly improve those that didn't excel without these options.

I really don't even know what to say about this, this premise just annoys me so much (Yes, I started using mouse over macro's in wow, probably well before most, and Healbot is trash, Vuhdu is by far the best current healing add-on, and before Vuhdu, Grid.)

Anyways.. this is coming from someone that has been a healer in every MMO over the past Eight years, and been successful in doing so (In top world raiding guilds, gladiator three times, etc.. and at least some of it without mouse over macros or add-on's).

Healing does not require crutches like this for people to play their role well, and this line of thought is just lazy and entitled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless they nerf slicing really bad (cause it was OP last build) I plan on leveling with 2 gathering (scavenging an bio most likely) and slicing. I'll rely on my guildmates for crafting. I'll just farm mats and make credits on the way to 50.
    Best way to make money IMO. Though it's too bad we're not allowed to simply take any combination of gathering or crafting professions we want.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhat on that note, do we know how many character slots per server we're allotted?

Even tho it's going to take an ill minute to level a couple of them up, I would definitely like to have farmer / crafter bank alts.

Deleted
    How many professions can we have? Just 1 of each type or can you mix and match, like 2 gathering etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Best way to make money IMO. Though it's too bad we're not allowed to simply take any combination of gathering or crafting professions we want.
    Slicing + slicing + slicing? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Airia View Post
    This statement is ridiculous.

Great healers will be great healers without these tools, and using these certainly didn't make someone a great healer, although it could certainly improve those that didn't excel without these options.

I really don't even know what to say about this, this premise just annoys me so much (Yes, I started using mouse over macro's in wow, probably well before most, and Healbot is trash, Vuhdu is by far the best current healing add-on, and before Vuhdu, Grid.)

Anyways.. this is coming from someone that has been a healer in every MMO over the past Eight years, and been successful in doing so (In top world raiding guilds, gladiator three times, etc.. and at least some of it without mouse over macros or add-on's).

Healing does not require crutches like this for people to play their role well, and this line of thought is just lazy and entitled.
    You said everything I wanted to say about that guys assumptions. So I'll just quote you and agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Somewhat on that note, do we know how many character slots per server we're allotted? Even tho it's going to take an ill minute to level a couple of them up, I would definitely like to have farmer / crafter bank alts.
    It's 8 atm.

---------- Post added 2011-07-26 at 11:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    How many professions can we have? Just 1 of each type or can you mix and match, like 2 gathering etc.
    Mix and match. But only 1 crafting.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Mix and match. But only 1 crafting.
    Ok cool. I'm like you, don't care for crafting, money all the way!