Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

PTR - 10k shadow bite on full resil targets

Yeah, thats what I just witnessed on PTR.
    Fel hunters shadow bite is doing a flat NONCRIT damage of around 10k every 6 sec with full pvp gear on full pvp gear and all three dots up+coe. Is this working as intended?

If so, warlocks/healer 2s might actually be viable again, but I'm afraid it might be to much of a dmg buff for 3s because dps wise, this buff is something like an extra strong corr+haunt up (if pet is on target most of the time).
    It will be absolutely practicable to put up a really really decent amount of pressure...didn't tought blizz would use the felhunter to buff affli dmg for like 20% lol...

Deleted
    Oh cool, so we actually have an ability that hits for something even remotely similar to another class?

Let's take bets on how long before it get's nerfed.
    My guess, about 2 days.

Yeah they want affliction locks to use felhunters, this is a band aid for the real problem with devour nerf...
    Last edited by tilatequila; 2011-03-24 at 05:27 AM. Reason: spelling

being honest 10k NON crit on full pvp gear is too much

even warrior burst damage does not give them 10k non crit on full pvp gear
    yeah... see where this is leading, it will get nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post
    Oh cool, so we actually have an ability that hits for something even remotely similar to another class?

My guess, about 2 days.
    They'll do what they usually do; Be fully aware of it for the entirety of the PTR, wait until it's released on live, and nerf it within 24 hours.

Warlocks are cool like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigadiddle View Post

even warrior burst damage does not give them 10k non crit on full pvp gear
    yeah... see where this is leading, it will get nerfed.
    id like to see these wet noodle weilding warriors you encounter
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

My guess, about 2 days.
    2 days? it will be like 3.0 conflag hotfixed within 12hrs yet Warriors can be broken for months and nothing happens, retarded stuff.

My guess, about 2 days.
    Considering the frequency of hits, none of them need to large numbers. IE, a bunch of little numbers still add to a sizable amount of damage.

Given the requirements to get the pet to hit like that it seems like a balanced design. Its not like,

A) Your going to be able to keep those effects up constantly due to dispells/immunes.

and

B) IF your pet is doing good damage like that then they just CC or focus down your pet. It even comes into melee for them! If you instant summon a new one they can just kill that too.

If a group is Pro enough to let you keep those dots up, and let you keep your felhunter on one person then you deserve to do some decent damage every 6 seconds.

Lets see 10k every 6 seconds against 100k hp gives a Time to Die of around 60 seconds. Combine that with around 5k per 3 seconds from all your dots and fillers gives around 30 seconds time to die. Grossly over simplified but still. 30 seconds of flat out damage to kill 1 guy? How many seconds does it take a warrior or rogue to kill a warlock?

Quote Originally Posted by smartAXE View Post
    Hey man, have you been hit with a wet noodle? That shit hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by smartAXE View Post
    I'm in full Vic aside from a ring and the belt along with 372 T2 weapon. All Str/Resil gems and my white hits and Mortal Strike noncrit are not 10k on a 3500k-ish resil target even with Collosus Smash up. I can MAYBE hit 10k noncrit if I have trinket popped/lambs stacked to 3 which takes 3 globals to do against a 3500k+ resil target but I never remember getting one.
    Last edited by bigsandwich732; 2011-03-24 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigadiddle View Post
    Wait what? I spam 12ks heartstrike and mortalstrike on resil targets in arena on my blood dk. Locks are broken and 10k is amazingly low.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsandwich732 View Post
    I'm in full Vic aside from a ring and the belt along with 372 T2 weapon. All Str/Resil gems and my white hits and Mortal Strike noncrit are not 10k on a 3500k-ish resil target even with Collosus Smash up. I can MAYBE hit 10k noncrit if I have trinket popped/lambs stacked to 3 which takes 3 globals to do against a 3500k+ resil target but I never remember getting one.

Bullshit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwhite View Post
    Bullshit!!
    Noone here except me then plays in the 2400+ bracket where casters have 4000 (43% damage reduction) resil which is NORMAL at this level. Just cause you can't break 2200LOL you will never be faced with people with pure BIS gear doesn't mean you have to try to disprove me.

Warrior burst damage is all from crits. If we don't crit, we're worthless and do laughable damage.
    Last edited by bigsandwich732; 2011-03-24 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsandwich732 View Post
    I'm glad I am not the only one.

Sure warriors can burst around 18-20k crits, but 10k non crit is still ALOT
    Maybe if you mean as fury, sure burst is much higher, but it got reduced by alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Drkblade View Post
    Hey man, have you been hit with a wet noodle? That shit hurts.
    I was gunna say, I have some serious pics of horrible wet noodle whip damage.

OT: 10k is not at all a lot. It's barely 10% of a Mage's health. It will still likely be nerfed, but it shouldnt be
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

Deleted
    I've used my voidwalker on my lock since I started playing.. I just like the shield better than the silence / devour, as its usefull against everyone. But i guess I'll use the felhunter if this is going to happen.. Still think buffing our pet dmg, is a stupid way of making us do more dmg <.<

Deleted
    This whole fiasco could easily be solved.

On top of the current PTR changes:
    *Remove Soul Swap
    *Make Shadow Embrace 1 Stack/self buff.
    *FIX DISPEL SPAM OH GOD PLEASE(increase damage taken when dispelled to 25% of dispeller's HP[instead of changing it to a flat number, would prevent problems in the future]) that way they can risk dispelling if they abolutely must get the dot's/fear off of the target, but would prevent the idiotic mindset of 'DISPEL ALL THE DOTS NAOOOO' mentality most people have nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerpoker View Post
    I've used my voidwalker on my lock since I started playing.. I just like the shield better than the silence / devour, as its usefull against everyone. But i guess I'll use the felhunter if this is going to happen.. Still think buffing our pet dmg, is a stupid way of making us do more dmg <.<
    I don't want to sound like a tool, but do you realise that the shield is only absorbing around 9000damage. that's pretty much one white swing. Whilst this may be nice when 1v1'ing non-casters, the silence(in my personal opinion) is absolutely invaluable if timed right on a healer who you are attempting to kill.
    Last edited by mmoce7a0623b54; 2011-03-24 at 06:48 AM.

10k hits is perfectly acceptable when your dots do 2k a tick and are spam dispelled by a resto shaman and the pet can be cc'd up the ass (roots spam tauints and so on)

Deleted
    This whole fiasco could easily be solved.

On top of the current PTR changes:
    *Remove Soul Swap
    *Make Shadow Embrace 1 Stack/self buff.
    *FIX DISPEL SPAM OH GOD PLEASE(increase damage taken when dispelled to 25% of dispeller's HP[instead of changing it to a flat number, would prevent problems in the future]) that way they can risk dispelling if they abolutely must get the dot's/fear off of the target, but would prevent the idiotic mindset of 'DISPEL ALL THE DOTS NAOOOO' mentality most people have nowadays.

I don't want to sound like a tool, but do you realise that the shield is only absorbing around 9000damage. that's pretty much one white swing. Whilst this may be nice when 1v1'ing non-casters, the silence(in my personal opinion) is absolutely invaluable if timed right on a healer who you are attempting to kill.
    I know its in no way optimal (and theres a reason I can NEVER kill a healer), but I've been playing since the shield used to kill your voidwalker, and i guess old habbits die hard.. I just feel really unprepared when i cant pop my shield.
    But i actually do have a question. Demon armor or Fel armor as affli (pvp)? Seems like demon armor was meant for pvp, but the 20% healing on all single target dmg isnt really bad

Oh and allso, voidwalkers are awesome vs rogues :>
    Last edited by mmoca172a76622; 2011-03-24 at 07:00 AM.