Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I realize that if you play an affliction lock and face a restoshaman in arena you most likely want to smash your head to your keyboard. But do you really think you are the only class with counterclass? In WOTLK affli locks were very op both in 2s and 3s and one of the easiest and most common specs to get high rated. Now you actually have good counters when all healers can dispel magic and resto shaman can even heal with dispels (admit that is a little op ). But i dont get the crying now. Affli locks are still way better than average spec and highly presented in high rated arenas. I've even seen affli+healer comps in 2k-2.2k mmr in 2v2 so it's stupid to say affli can finally be usable in 2s in 4.1 when you get buffs. They beat most of double dps teams easily. In 3s you have no worries and only getting buffed next patch which will be within this pvp season.

10k non crit from a pet every 6secs. Are you out of your mind when you say that would be ok? Your damage is not THAT low. Maybe to 0 resilience that's near a balanced attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    damage boost is nice but CC suci is still a better choice in arean i think

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    I realize that if you play an affliction lock and face a restoshaman in arena you most likely want to smash your head to your keyboard. But do you really think you are the only class with counterclass? In WOTLK affli locks were very op both in 2s and 3s and one of the easiest and most common specs to get high rated. Now you actually have good counters when all healers can dispel magic and resto shaman can even heal with dispels (admit that is a little op ).
    There's a difference between a 'counter-class' and not actually being able to do anything AT ALL to a player, you need to play from a lock's point of view to see what i'm talking about here, really.
    Imagine a warrior charging in, popping recklessness throw-down, colossus smash and about to unload some sick damage and *wham* their weapon breaks. Right? now imagine that 'sick damage' is actually only 4k melee hits and 6k special attacks, and instead of hitting, they all just magically disappear. That is what it's like as affliction vs anything with a resto shaman currently.
    (whilst we're on the topic of 'counter-classes' didn't blizz say they wanted to remove that aspect of the game anyway?

But i dont get the crying now. Affli locks are still way better than average spec and highly presented in high rated arenas. I've even seen affli+healer comps in 2k-2.2k mmr in 2v2 so it's stupid to say affli can finally be usable in 2s in 4.1 when you get buffs. They beat most of double dps teams easily. In 3s you have no worries and only getting buffed next patch which will be within this pvp season.
    You realise that when locks were at their peak in WoTLK, it was destruction that was horribly overpowered right?... sure, the minority managed to do well as affliction in specific setups, but it was majorly destruction that needed the nerf-bat.
    Also, saying "ive seen x&y comp at Z rating" really doesn't mean shit. Not everyone is the same skill level, and claiming a class is balanced because a certain player can play it well(or even get carried for that fact if we're talking about 3v3) does NOT warrant the class being nerfed into the ground, especially to the state it currently is at.
    If you genuinely think we are 'fine' or even bordering 'overpowered' I welcome you to go take a loot at the AJ Lock forum.
    Some of THE best PvPers in the world are even stating how broken we are, if you still disagree, you are either trolling, or just plain stupid/wearing rose tinted goggles.
    10k non crit from a pet every 6secs. Are you out of your mind when you say that would be ok? Your damage is not THAT low. Maybe to 0 resilience that's near a balanced attack.
    are you kidding me? most melee classes are streaming 10k attacks constantly on me(3.5k resil,Glyphed soul link) and you think a 10k attack from a pet every 6 seconds(which is easily killable/ccable) is too much? I hope you're trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    damage boost is nice but CC suci is still a better choice in arean i think
    =/ You realise fear and seduce share DR right?
    I would personally have the silence a thousand times over, even if fear and seduce didn't share DR's.
    A well timed silence can make or break games.
    Last edited by mmoce7a0623b54; 2011-03-24 at 08:06 AM.

I find this perfectly fine, from a Holy Palas PoV.
    I just taunt and CC it, if I dont do this properly im fine with it having its price.
    Many other classes should also be having not to much problem with this.
    I think people are overreacting.

Deleted
    You're talking about the PTR, it's neither a "nerf" or a "buff" until it hits live. You're talking about a test realm, and nothing more at this current time.

I see no problem with the damage myself though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard are idiots for giving that kinda damage to a pet, they could just make shadow embrace 1 stack and change PVP quite alot and make PVE untouched. Like some1 said, pets are like warriors without charge and the ability to slow your foe.

Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post
    Oh cool, so we actually have an ability that hits for something even remotely similar to another class?

Let's take bets on how long before it get's nerfed.
    My guess, about 2 days.
    10k gold says it'll last the hour and then get quickly stealth nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsandwich732 View Post
    Noone here except me then plays in the 2400+ bracket where casters have 4000 (43% damage reduction) resil which is NORMAL at this level. Just cause you can't break 2200LOL you will never be faced with people with pure BIS gear doesn't mean you have to try to disprove me.

Warrior burst damage is all from crits. If we don't crit, we're worthless and do laughable damage.
    Ya, youre so right, warriors got it tough right now.

---------- Post added 2011-03-24 at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    I realize that if you play an affliction lock and face a restoshaman in arena you most likely want to smash your head to your keyboard. But do you really think you are the only class with counterclass? In WOTLK affli locks were very op both in 2s and 3s and one of the easiest and most common specs to get high rated. Now you actually have good counters when all healers can dispel magic and resto shaman can even heal with dispels (admit that is a little op ). But i dont get the crying now. Affli locks are still way better than average spec and highly presented in high rated arenas. I've even seen affli+healer comps in 2k-2.2k mmr in 2v2 so it's stupid to say affli can finally be usable in 2s in 4.1 when you get buffs. They beat most of double dps teams easily. In 3s you have no worries and only getting buffed next patch which will be within this pvp season.

Agreed with previous poster. Their is a difference between a counter class and a class that can completly nullify you. DK's have dispell protection, Affliction absolutly needs it.

UA needs to hit for something like 50k to dispeller or be a 15 second silence. In other words UA needs to hit for so hard a healer has to be very discouraged from dispelling it, it needs to be de-facto undispellable.

Or just make Affliction dots undisspellable. DoTs are already the complete opposite of burst they need protection especially when they are as weak as they are.

Deleted
    my warrior did 27k slam on my arena healer(Hpala with 3.6kresi).. WHY SO SERIOUS?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigadiddle View Post
    being honest 10k NON crit on full pvp gear is too much

even warrior burst damage does not give them 10k non crit on full pvp gear
    yeah... see where this is leading, it will get nerfed.

Actually, they do...

Oh cool, so we actually have an ability that hits for something even remotely similar to another class?

Let's take bets on how long before it get's nerfed.
    My guess, about 2 days.

i say it wont even go to live servers, so 0 days :P

3.7k Resil, Glyphed Soul Link, I get nailed with 10k non crits a lot when I played my lock. I play my rogue now so It's all the more common. Afflic needs help, this isn't what they need. Blizzard needs to increase the mana cost of dispels 10 fold or something. Dispels are wayyy too crazy.

Maybe you shouldn't be fighting lvl 80 warriors.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    A 10k non-crit on a 6sec cooldown from a PET? Let's be honest, this isn't going live.

10k / 6 sec = 1666.667 DPS. That's assuming full dots are rolling and the Fel Hunter isn't dead, CC'd, Silenced, or using his GCDs for other, more important things.

OH NO!!!

Deleted
    "Overall, I think we’re fine. Warlocks in PvP often compare themselves to hunters, and to be fair, hunters have some very potent pets, particularly Corehound. "

Overall, we think they’re fine. Warlocks in PvP often compare themselves to Shadow priest, and to be fair, Shadow priests have some very potent emergency buttons, particularly Dispersion.

You realise that when locks were at their peak in WoTLK, it was destruction that was horribly overpowered right?... sure, the minority managed to do well as affliction in specific setups, but it was majorly destruction that needed the nerf-bat.
    Also, saying "ive seen x&y comp at Z rating" really doesn't mean shit. Not everyone is the same skill level, and claiming a class is balanced because a certain player can play it well(or even get carried for that fact if we're talking about 3v3) does NOT warrant the class being nerfed into the ground, especially to the state it currently is at.
    If you genuinely think we are 'fine' or even bordering 'overpowered' I welcome you to go take a loot at the AJ Lock forum.
    Some of THE best PvPers in the world are even stating how broken we are, if you still disagree, you are either trolling, or just plain stupid/wearing rose tinted goggles.

are you kidding me? most melee classes are streaming 10k attacks constantly on me(3.5k resil,Glyphed soul link) and you think a 10k attack from a pet every 6 seconds(which is easily killable/ccable) is too much? I hope you're trolling.
    In my point of view, destruction was silly OP in 1v1 and in spell cleaves, but affliction lock had a huge presentation among warlocks in high rated arenas like RLS, warrior+affli+healer in 3v3 and affli+healer 2v2 because of the pressure they were able to put on multiple targets.

You are right, seeing a spec in x rating doesnt mean it's op or even good. But i have seen affliction locks in 2v2 high rated more than half of the classes in the game. Trust me, there are specs that do way worse than you in 2s and in 3s. "We get carried in 3s" is again stupid to say. Ok resto shaman counters you pretty well, but you are among the only specs that can damage multiple targets simultaneusly. That's why you can't do too much single target damage. You also have competitive cc+survivability. I admit your class might be broken but not as much as people cry about it.

Many melee classes do constant 10k attacks to you, but that's what melee does. They dont have your cc, they dont have your dots. 10k from pet every 6 sec+ dots rolling is a lot of damage. Melee don't dot you for a lot of damage and then hit 10k (well feral... but it feels the same for a paladin to eat the bleeds). And pet is killable but in the meanwhile you can cast. You realize that buffing lock damage a lot in single target combat will make the damage in 3s too much because you can do it to more than 1 target. Most classes cant do that.

+class point of view. I play ret paladin. Without cooldowns i kill no-one. My best cooldown can be dispelled like a joke. I can't catch people because i have no gap closer. My judgement hits for like 5k crits to resilience with 5 stacks of Seal of truth, holy wrath about the same (if more than 1 target in range, the damage (5k) gets shared with all nearby). My 85 lvl spell (guardian) can't follow targets and goes breaking cc in arena. I have to sacrifice my best hitting melee for healing. I have almost no def cooldowns at all. Im getting the biggest nerf ever in 4.1. Soo, we all have our things to cry and more than 1 spec is broken. I just feel that affliction lock is in better situation right now when only shamans 100% counter them.
    Last edited by Johnmatrix; 2011-03-24 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombrero View Post
    Yeah, thats what I just witnessed on PTR.
    Fel hunters shadow bite is doing a flat NONCRIT damage of around 10k every 6 sec with full pvp gear on full pvp gear and all three dots up+coe. Is this working as intended?

If so, warlocks/healer 2s might actually be viable again, but I'm afraid it might be to much of a dmg buff for 3s because dps wise, this buff is something like an extra strong corr+haunt up (if pet is on target most of the time).
    It will be absolutely practicable to put up a really really decent amount of pressure...didn't tought blizz would use the felhunter to buff affli dmg for like 20% lol...
    Succ can hit 5k eveyr single GBC on a resilence player aswel... DK unholy pets expecialy when they are empowered even do more damage than that.

10k every 6sec relly does sound OP at all...

Quote Originally Posted by kneeo View Post
    They'll do what they usually do; Be fully aware of it for the entirety of the PTR, wait until it's released on live, and nerf it within 24 hours.

Warlocks are cool like that.
    Ha ha so true !

Are you serious lol, warriors crit 16k non crit, 30 crits on full resis, you need to lay off the pve before posting dumb shit about pvp.