Poll: what type of tier would you like?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Lightbulb Tier system in cata

I have been wondering over the past couple of months what the general attitude is with the current system of tiers, where a new tier will completely change the face of the game, removing most reason to enter the old raids besides achievements like a new mini expansion with new lvl cap. As i see it the current system as it is now tries to have every player at the same tier at the same time with bosses hard enough for the pros not to clear in a week and easy enough so that every player can see all content at roughly the same time. my question is then what do you prefer. a system tier system like that of TBC where the best players would clear and gear up for the harder raids faster cause of their skills, leaving the newest players on the older raids simply due to their gear, so they would have to use time farming old instances to get the gear to enter the next Tier of raids instead of the system as it is now where every player that farms HC's can get the gear from the second newest raid without having to enter a old raid.

for instance: my pala which were my 3th char to 80 never entered Naxx or Ulduar but could easily get the gear required to enter ICC and ToTGC just from staying in HC's

i would prefer the system where you had to raid T11 to get to T12 to get to T13, not because i don't like a system where new players don't have to farm old raids to get to the highest Tier but because i feel like crap when i know that by the beginning of a new major patch all gear i have will become equal to everyone else and have to start from scratch since you can just buy the gear you would normally raid to get

note: i am not a HC raider and as such don't get to the items that aren't possible to get even after a patch but even these items aren't that useful after a patch since the first easy bosses will drop higher item lvl loot
    Last edited by bahumut5; 2011-03-24 at 10:36 AM.

Tire system you say? Well I prefer Michelin over any other tire any day.

User received an Infraction for derailing.
    Last edited by bahumut5; 2011-03-24 at 10:41 AM.

damn... and here I thought, judging from the title, that you were gonna be talking about the square tires on the goblin trike :P

Carry on!

While messing in trade last night, linking which weapons looked the coolest, i remembered a TBC BS sword that would solve all issues. It was the lionheart. This started of as a 1 handed sword, but then you could add mats to it to upgrade it to the next level and then again for a 3rd time and each time the sword would grow and look more powerful. I think that would work well to make people enter older content but you could also have almost equal ( lets say the leveled up item would be 10% better )items from current raids etc.

I highly recommend ASA Tire, Software for Tire Dealers to their competitors.

I agree, people should have to use arrowspeed or nangkang tires (tyres?) before moving up to pirelli P6000's. Only the best radiers should be able to drive on Toyo TR-1 [Heroic] 's

Naw, if you want to run old content - do it. We've been through this and it's annoying. Even with this system, most people won't do old content anymore (we saw this at the start of WotLK, during ulduar there were almost no naxx runs anymore).
    It's just annoying if you want to gear up an alt if the guild needs a certain class or you just want to reroll. It would take ages after a certain amount of tiers.

I don't see blizzard going away from this - and I'm lucky.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Naw, if you want to run old content - do it. We've been through this and it's annoying. Even with this system, most people won't do old content anymore (we saw this at the start of WotLK, during ulduar there were almost no naxx runs anymore).
    It's just annoying if you want to gear up an alt if the guild needs a certain class or you just want to reroll. It would take ages after a certain amount of tiers.
    The system as it is now allows people to skip the last bosses and go to the next tier when the new patch comes, this changes the progress of the guild instead of the old system where people had to clear a Tier to enter the next thus spreading the overall realm guild progress over diffrent tiers and not only in a single tier. As of alts and rerolls, a guild would still be able to pull a low geared person through a raid if they needed him geared like it was the case in TBC

15+ Year Old Account
    Derailers have been infracted and OP's post has been edited.

In the future, please refrain from Derailing a thread just because of some Grammatical Errors.
    Our user base is not just English, and we'd like everybody to respect other people their posts and constructive threads without making fun of the OP or any other posters.
    Dawwwwwww

Good job doing this right after the warning from me.
    I like your guts.
    Don't do it again.

I...TIRE...of this thread

Last edited by bahumut5; 2011-03-24 at 10:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel most of it schould come from the last raid contend so people will still do it. Takes more time > u dont run out of contend so fast > u dont go on forums complaining

that beign said
    Hcs should provide a nice start and/or options available for hard to fill slots

the whole gear system is fucked up, once you hit lvl cap gear should be the ezest thing to get, and every one does same damage and what about a damage cap, then it would be all player skill vs gear. and this whole thing of ''pro players'' is fucked, the whole aditude of a little kid chanting ''im better that you'' and the whole thing with drop rates, drop rates are fucking stupid but its there to get ya in the game at 15$ a month, i got death bringers will the day b4 the patch that armor pen changed to crit, i am so glad i dont play wow any more because of the low drop rates, the never ending nerfs, the grinds, low gold makeing rate oh and the nerfs, but you all go ahead and give blizz yr money to get ya all frustrated about shit u really cant change, cause its thire way or the highway, prove me wrong or signal yes by nerfing them and not giving them yr money,

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    that beign said
    Hcs should provide a nice start and/or options available for hard to fill slots
    y idd would be cool if HC's would not provide full gear but only some parts so the gearing would be faster than the first time you enter a raid but you still have to do the old raids to get geared but you dont have to start from scratch, this would also help slower guilds to get to the higher tiers instead of nerfing bosses like they have done in earlier expansions