Deleted

Top Civilisation Games?

Hey Guys,

I always enjoyed games where you created a civilisation. I am not talking about the series, although that is included ofcourse. Games like stronghold & Civilisation itself.

I was trying to find some good games, but I just can't remember the names of them. Does anyone know some good civilisation building games that they enjoy to play? I remember there were some really good Greek and Roman settings games, the name just evades me.

V

The total war series of games are incredibly fun and come highly recommended from me. Medieval 2:Total war is my personal favorite.

I'd second the Total War games, got Rome and Medieval 2 myself and they're equally good. Hard to get into though

Yeah, total war is indeed very very awesome.

However, you could try SimCity 4 as well. The graphics aren't high or anything. But it's still a great game.

I would suggest Tropico 3. It's really fun.
    Last edited by YouAreAllWrong; 2011-03-24 at 10:31 PM.

total war series all the way amazing games both in terms of depth and difficulty (adjustable). And above all a great replay value.
    (personal fav of the total war games=rome)

Minecraft is good if you can get past the graphics & enjoy the game for what it is...

15+ Year Old Account
    How about really bad "civilization" simulations? Who remembers Spore? You weren't only suppose to be creating a civilization, you were creating a species! Man that game turned out terrible.

Total War games are great. Speaking of which, didn't a new one just come out this week?

yes shogun 2 came out on the 15th

The total war games are proberbly the best out there even though rome and medieval 2 are old their still pretty fun to play. Hell i bought medieval 2 gold edition for £6 off amazon, money well spent .

Quote Originally Posted by whatsmyname View Post
    The total war games are proberbly the best out there even though rome and medieval 2 are old their still pretty fun to play. Hell i bought medieval 2 gold edition for £6 off amazon, money well spent .
    Cheap and often available on Steam for crazy prices, I got Rome Gold for £1.75 and Medieval for £2.50

10+ Year Old Account
    Total War is good of course, but since I'm an ancient Roman history nerd I gravitate to the Caesar series. It's kinda old, but maybe you can score a copy somewhere. (Though the game is more SimCity-ish than Civilization-ish.)
    "Work is da poop! NO MORE!" - Disgruntled Dragonmaw Peon

Old school ones are Master of Orion and Master of Orion 2. there is a third one but it apparently was not very good.
    Might want to try Galactic Civilization 1 and 2 as well, older as well

Heroes of Might and Magic series might be a bit similar? 3 is the best (older) but 5 is decent

Yeah, if you don't mind old I highly recommend Master of Orion 2 and Alpha Centauri (+Alien Crossfire Xpac). Both of them are pretty dated at this point but I have a ton of fond memories of both of them.

Total War is one of my Favorites, but hard to beat the Civ series in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Old school ones are Master of Orion and Master of Orion 2. there is a third one but it apparently was not very good.
    Might want to try Galactic Civilization 1 and 2 as well, older as well

Heroes of Might and Magic series might be a bit similar? 3 is the best (older) but 5 is decent
    lol how do you dance around two micropose games and not name their best in Master of Magic....nothing like war trolls and slingers to conquer the world

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    lol how do you dance around two micropose games and not name their best in Master of Magic....nothing like war trolls and slingers to conquer the world
    lol because i never heard of it.