Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crank and crank 2
    I LOVE BOTH OF THEM
    And i hope they will make 3rd one !!!!

Mike Myers ???
    SIR seems you are new to crappy cinema... try Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer movies !!!
    To good for you ??

TRY SYFY productions
    http://www.syfy.com/movies/?_source=Syfy_Global_Nav

I seen most of that shit. Sharktopus. Mega pyrana. Mega shark vs giant squid.
    Or if thats to good for you you can try TROMA productions....

Or C grade amateur Japanese movies with CGI done in MS Paint or something.

Thats what i seen and i can give them 2-3/10...

---------- Post added 2011-04-04 at 04:49 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBizgLZX7W0
    Now check this shit out !!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    gotta say I frakkin loved this movie, hands down my favourite Zack Snyder film, and best film I've seen this year (admittedly not much of a claim, given how early in the year this is :P) but overall I cannot find fault with this film.

okay, it wasn't Oscar Worthy storytelling, or flawless acting, but for what it was (a cheesy popcorn movie) I though it did insanely well, and if this is what Zack Snyder can do when he gets a chance to write... then give that man a GOD DAMNED PEN!

The story was alot deeper than people give it credit, I totally agree with all the comparison to things like Inception, I thought Emily Browning was fantastic as usual playing the lead 'Babydoll' the supporting cast was very good (Blue espeically I though was really freaky) the CGI was excellent, the action scenes where as good as you can expect from Zacky boy (true story, shakey cam doesn't cover up the fact that the fight choreography was just BAD, but who cares hot girls in Sailorsuits where fighting gattling gun wielding robot samurai) the music was EXCEPTIONAL, to the point I actually err... we'll say 'legally purchased' the OST the second I got home. Okay it was a BIT predictable, but to be honest, if you go to see that film for the story... you've picked the wrong movie

overall that film was a feast for all the senses, and I WILL be buying it the second it's available, if there's a directors cut.... yeah... I'll be having that
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

overall that film was a feast for all the senses, and I WILL be buying it the second it's available, if there's a directors cut.... yeah... I'll be having that
    Question...but before I ask:

SPOILER ALERT

At the beginning, she's just some girl with an evil stepfather, and she accidentally kills her sibling while trying to shoot her step dad. Then, blabla, he takes her to a mental hospital, where she is to be lobotomized in 5 days, since her stepfather bribed the psychiatrist.

When she's in the asylum, she escapes to a "dream" world where she meets friends who are some kind of strippers and where she's a virgin who's to be sold to some rich guy soon. They need to escape before she's lobotomized (but it's in a dream world, so why is she talking about it?). Then loads of stuff happens, blabla, blehbleh, they're taken to a 3rd world (fights, etc, when they get items)...anyway long story short, people die, she sacrifices herself for a friend at the end.

At the end, she becomes lobotomized. You can see the mobster having physical scratches and consequences from the second reality (dream world), but it's still the first reality? She ends up being lobotomized ANYWAY. Just if like the 5 days passed while she was in the dream world, and she just ends up lobotomized anyway.

I can see the link between the 2nd and 3rd reality (how they get their items, the epic parts of the movie), but not between the 1st (where she's in an asylum) and the 2nd (where she's in this prostitute thing and tries to escape by dancing). Can anybody explain that to me? I'd actually like to get it, since the movie was good. That's what it lacked, easy comprehension.

Yes, btw, I really liked the movie, even thought I'm still a bit lost.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post

SPOILER ALERT

At the beginning, she's just some girl with an evil stepfather, and she accidentally kills her sibling while trying to shoot her step dad. Then, blabla, he takes her to a mental hospital, where she is to be lobotomized in 5 days, since her stepfather bribed the psychiatrist.

When she's in the asylum, she escapes to a "dream" world where she meets friends who are some kind of strippers and where she's a virgin who's to be sold to some rich guy soon. They need to escape before she's lobotomized (but it's in a dream world, so why is she talking about it?). Then loads of stuff happens, blabla, blehbleh, they're taken to a 3rd world (fights, etc, when they get items)...anyway long story short, people die, she sacrifices herself for a friend at the end.

At the end, she becomes lobotomized. You can see the mobster having physical scratches and consequences from the second reality (dream world), but it's still the first reality? She ends up being lobotomized ANYWAY. Just if like the 5 days passed while she was in the dream world, and she just ends up lobotomized anyway.

I can see the link between the 2nd and 3rd reality (how they get their items, the epic parts of the movie), but not between the 1st (where she's in an asylum) and the 2nd (where she's in this prostitute thing and tries to escape by dancing). Can anybody explain that to me? I'd actually like to get it, since the movie was good. That's what it lacked, easy comprehension.

Babydoll defiantly didn't shoot her sibling. The shot was nowhere near her As for the explaining, it really cant be explained because they didn't show enough of what was going on in the actual world, the asylum, due to them wanting it to be PG-13. So they couldn't show all the gritty stuff that was happening that made then want to go into the dream/dreams. But in short, I'm gonna say that Whatever happened in the second ream layer (Sweet Pea's dream, the strip club thing w/e), in a way, also happened in the Asylum. Rape, beating, all that bad stuff. And the dream layer we "enter" during Babydoll's dances, are metaphors for what's happening in the second world. For example, when they need to get the fire. the dragon is the mayor, it chases after Amber because she's the one that has to get it, and there's a dragon on the lighter, could mean that there was a little dispute, she could of been busted but she "sent her to Babydoll" to "lock it down". And I suppose the mayor liked what he saw and took his attention away from Amber and put it towards Babydoll. It's confusing and straight forward at the same time. It's just one of those movies that you'll absolutely love or hate it to death. I thought it was bloody brilliant though.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Babydoll defiantly didn't shoot her sibling. The shot was nowhere near her As for the explaining, it really cant be explained because they didn't show enough of what was going on in the actual world, the asylum, due to them wanting it to be PG-13. So they couldn't show all the gritty stuff that was happening that made then want to go into the dream/dreams. But in short, I'm gonna say that Whatever happened in the second ream layer (Sweet Pea's dream, the strip club thing w/e), in a way, also happened in the Asylum. Rape, beating, all that bad stuff. And the dream layer we "enter" during Babydoll's dances, are metaphors for what's happening in the second world. For example, when they need to get the fire. the dragon is the mayor, it chases after Amber because she's the one that has to get it, and there's a dragon on the lighter, could mean that there was a little dispute, she could of been busted but she "sent her to Babydoll" to "lock it down". And I suppose the mayor liked what he saw and took his attention away from Amber and put it towards Babydoll. It's confusing and straight forward at the same time. It's just one of those movies that you'll absolutely love or hate it to death. I thought it was bloody brilliant though.
    It all makes sense now

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post

SPOILER ALERT

This is just my take on it but here it goes: I think that the movie is mostly a narration. The real world, in the present time is presented for the first time when the protagonist is strapped on the chair to be lobotomized. The scenes before that are a short of narration by the protagonist of the events that lead to her being sent to the psychiatric clinic. Her mother's death, that leaves her and her sister orphans with only their step father as their guardian, who only cares about their mother's fortune, and upon finding that it is solely inherited by her daughters becomes enraged, tries to hurt the protagonist but because she fiercely resists turns on her younger sister instead, forcing the protagonist to intervene to try and help her sister but resulting in the accident that costs her life. That entire event is presented in a short of over-dramatized way, a contrast to the more realistic way the scene where the protagonist arrives at the clinic, the scene where she is strapped to the chair, and the scenes after the lobotomy, are depicted, leading me to think that it is her memory of the events, and not the actual events, seen, as most memories that have a deep impact on someone, in a more "poetic" way. It is also abvious from the way her step father acts when he takes her to the clinic. He appears far more calm and calculative, a sharp contrast to his furious state in the previous scenes. But mostly it is the entire way the first scenes are presented, with her mother's death having an almost elegiac feel, her step father's character being so profoundly evil, the absence of talking, the slow motion to add dramatic effect, etc just like the narration of a story, with iconic symbolisms to add meaning to the images.

Then the scene where she is strapped to the chair to be lobotomized comes, and if you remember just before the doctor starts the procedure, the film transfers us to another scene, where the lobotomy procedure is part of a dancing routine, being worked on by the lead dancer in a cabaret. I think that that transition is the starting point of the protagonist's remembrance of her life in the clinic up to that point. A lobotomy is pretty much as far as we know a short of "death" of one's consiousness, and just as with the physical death where one's most important moments in life are supposed to flash before him, so in the case of the protagonist's intellectual, and emotional death, just before it happens she remembers everything that lead her to that moment, in her own way. So, the life at the cabaret, the dancing, the missions, etc, are all her memory of her life in the clinic, a moment before she loses it all. The reason she thinks of it us her being in a cabaret with the other girls, is that she is trying to find a way to think of those difficult for her moments in a way that gives her the courage to do so. So, following the method of the doctor in the clinic, that urges her patients to relive their hurtful past experiences as scenes from a theatrical play, to find safety from the fact that they are supposed to be acting a fictional story, and not their story, so as to be able to face these experiences, and as a consequence try to overcome them, she imagines that the clinic is a cabaret, the acting on the stage reliving her hurtful experiences is releasing herself through dancing, etc. The next moment is towards the end of the movie, when the doctor, after having performed the lobotomy, backs away startled by the protagonist's look at him just as he was doing the lobotomy, bringing us back to the real world, in the present.

By the way, I loved that movie. The art was amazing. It is one of the most imaginative movies I have ever seen. The direction, especially on the action scenes was phenomenal. There were things I didn't like. Too much slow motion at times. Some "cracks" in the performances. Some cases where the non-professional martial artist nature of the actors was showing in the action scenes. And some dodgy writing. But, considering this is Zack Snyder's first original work as both a writer and director the last one isn't that important, what is, is that he must try to get better at writing! Overall it was an amazing movie, both a visual treat, and a thoughtful story.
    Last edited by Drithien; 2011-04-10 at 02:26 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest nerdgasm ever, absolutely loved it. Though not a movie to go see with your girlfriend.

10+ Year Old Account
    definatly not piet, unless you're lucky as hell like myself and have a GF who is awesome

of course if you don't, then don't bring her to see this movie, but do think about the movie afterwards when you're with her <3 Emily Browning <3 (she's legal now right, I'm allowed to say that?)

sneaky edit: Also I've been listening to the OST pretty much solidly since I got it, frakkin AWESOME, cept the last two songs, they're fail. but Bjork, Skunk Anansie, a surprisingly decent cover of white rabbit and insanely great covers of both Sweet Dreams and Where is My mind (both sung by Emily Browning, can she do no wrong?) make it a definate purchase for anyone with decent taste in music
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2011-04-11 at 12:56 AM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30