Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    at first i thought this movie was based on Bioshock

at first i thought it was about some crazy girl but it looks like a badass scifi movie!
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    it's a little of both Plate bout a "Crazy" girl who pretends life isn't quite as shit as it is by escaping into a madeup scifi/steampunk type world.

which is going to be frakkin AWESOME.

I must go see this in Imax... imagine Emily Browning... in IMAX..Life is good.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Just watched the trailer again. Hadn't seen it in a month or two and had to change my opinion after first being skeptical because it had the director of Watchmen and I thought it might have some of the same things from that movie I didn't care for. It looks great. Has only a PG 13 rating which was surprising to me. so hopefully that means more focus on the story and action and less distractions. I can not wait to see this in IMAX!!!
    Last edited by Pandra; 2011-03-11 at 11:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *POPS MUSHROOMS IN MOUTH* Let the imax experience begin!
    Survival is Key

[Movies] SuckerPunch [Spoilers inc]

[Spoilers in case anyone missed it prior]

Who has seen this movie? I went to a midnight showing and just now got back home, I did not go into it expecting the best film of the year, but honestly I am not afraid to say this is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The premise of the film, and bare with me here and I am not over indulging this, this is REALLY the plot if you could even call it that.

The film follows "babydoll" a young girl who after her mother dies is left in the care of her pedo-priest-rapist step father along with her sister, he goes after babydoll but she cuts his face and instead he goes after her younger sister. Enraged by this babydoll grabs a gun and tries to shoot him but instead misses and hits her younger sister (killing her i believe, not really clarified) After this incident the father checks her into a mental institution and it's quite clear that he has secret plans at play as he talks to a orderly about a lobotomy and a pay off. We are shown a theatre area that the "doctor" uses to act out scenes in the young girl patients traumatic lives. This is where the movie goes batshit insane, it moves forward till we see babydoll in the chair about to have the lobotomy needle put into her brain and then she goes wait wait, and its not babydoll but another girl named sweetpea, and they are now apparently in a strip club where the orderly (strip club owner) takes advantage of the girls by making them dance. The strip club idea is played through the whole movie and they never get back to, or talk about the insane asylum till later.

The movie progresses to where they try and teach babydoll to dance to appease men but as she does so she apparently enters a different realm of her mind....which the other girls can enter too, but never talk about afterwards, this includes....and i shit you not....an ancient japanese castle where babydoll defeats huge samurai armor suits that shoot out light when stabbed, oh yeah and she does this with a sword and a handgun, and one of the samurais has a gatling gun and a rocket launcher.... a ww1/ww2 with steampunk nazi zombies and the girls have a mech robot and modern machine guns...a castle attack scene (again they have modern guns) where they jump from a ww2 bomber into a castle full of orcs...yes orcs...and they fight thier way to a baby dragon and proceed to cut its throat and anger the mama dragon.....and a last scene....all done in slow mo, where they fight on a future train that is floating on rocket tracks that they get to from a vietnam era helicopter, oh they fight a robot army here.

All the while it cuts back to scenes inside the strip club where they say they will be killed by the owner, its too dangerous etc etc, but it's ok they can get the tools to escape because babydoll apparently hypnotizes everyone when she dances. All of the girls helping babydoll get shot in the head by the owner and she stabs him and tries to escape with sweatpea who was taken out of dancing earlier by the owner. They get outside where babydoll realizes that sweatpea can't escape unless babydoll distracts these men outside, she does so....and then....

we are back in the mental hospital after the doctor did the lobotomy and find out babydoll helped people escape the hospital and causes all sorts of issues, but it's ok shes labotomized now. The orderly gets arrested and we see sweatpea get on a boss to escape where a man who we are never explained who the hell he is lets sweatpea on the bus for free (the guy appeared all through babydolls fantasy dream things)

If that didn't make any sense, I guess I could of explained it a bit better, but honestly, thats the movie. I am not making this up, If you have seen the movie you will see i get the basic idea. Now honestly i walked out of this absolutely amazed at how this got past even a first draft of a script. I like some of the ideas, like if zach snyder were to have done a whole movie with the ww1/ww2 zombie nazi mech warrior girl thing, that would've been cool, but he didn't and filled this with garbage.

I really try to not have a biased view towards movies and really enjoy some bad movies, but this was a new level for me, I never sat through a movie going "wtf is going on" the whole time.

What did you guys think of it? and feel free to add to any additional stuff i missed.

I want what they were smokeing

If you went in expecting more than glorious CGI and a cast of fucking beautiful girls with amazing thighs you were retarded.

your fault bro

I always watch horrible movies just to past the time. its great to focus all my rage at one thing.

Ive seen Speed Racer, Truegrit, pootytang, Crank 2, anything with Mike Myers in it, Dragonball Evo, Yogi bear, Skyline so i might have to see this just to add it to my list

Plus it cant be worse than Crank 2.......NOTHING IS WORSE THAN CRANK 2
    Last edited by Charrison25; 2011-03-25 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jijek View Post
    If you went in expecting more than glorious CGI and a cast of fucking beautiful girls with amazing thighs you were retarded.

your fault bro
    Does a movie need anything else? Sure, it needs some T&A, otherwise you are set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charrison25 View Post
    I always watch horrible movies just to past the time. its great to focus all my rage at one thing.

Ive seen Speed Racer, Truegrit, pootytang, Crank 2, anything with Mike Myers in it, Dragonball Evo, Yogi bear, Skyline so i might have to see this just to add it to my list

Plus it cant be worse than Crank 2.......NOTHING IS WORSE THAN CRANK 2

What are you talkin about? True Grit is an awesome production and doesn't even belong in this category.
    Wasn't it also nominated for some oscars?

Quote Originally Posted by Jijek View Post

your fault bro
    which is why i said directly in my original post "I did not go into it expecting the best film of the year, but honestly I am not afraid to say this is one of the worst movies I have ever seen."

even with glorious cgi and a cast of hotties, i do not see how this movie made it past the original script read.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    What are you talkin about? True Grit is an awesome production and doesn't even belong in this category.
    Wasn't it also nominated for some oscars?
    meh it was overhyped, i don´t think it was that good.
    i´m going to see sucker punch but i keep my expectations low (i only expect boobs and eyecandy, guess i won´t be disappointed ;> )

Quote Originally Posted by Havekk View Post
    even with glorious cgi and a cast of hotties, i do not see how this movie made it past the original script read.
    it´s a "popcorn" movie, of course you won´t get lord of the rings =P
    Last edited by mmoc6d823f96e4; 2011-03-25 at 09:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Merged similar topics.

10+ Year Old Account

[Movie] samurai viking with a chaingun

i watched a preview of this movie sucker punch , and i still have no idea what its about but i saw hot chicks sword fighting against a samurai viking with a chaingun so i have to see it now and im betting they did this on purpose. im also sure i saw an at-st in there too

Deleted
    Movie was awsome. Would like prob some extended version or an director's cut becouse I hope there are more scenes. The fight scenes with the visual effects are tbh the best from any movie so far. I mean, even if the movie is not 3D, the visuals for the fight scenes and the general theme for each dream/dance is stunning. Acting was good, just what you expect to be in line with the script. Dont get me wrong, I think that Emily Browning is the next good actress, but keep in mind that she has about 3-4 songs on the soundtrack, songs that are just awsome. So either way, you will get a movie with an original script, good actors (or at least hot actresses, in some cases), awsome visuals and an even awsome soundtrack. Imagine a ladder, where 300 was tier 1, Watchmen was tier 2, and Sucker Punch is tier 3. It's that good!

ps: Waiting for the new Superman movie ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0770828/ ) . Imagine it to be tier 4 on the ladder!
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2011-03-25 at 07:41 PM.

honestly it took me a few minutes after i saw it to decide if i liked it or hated it. and my conclusion now is that it was meh =/

(bias because imax never fails to give me a headache)

the story imo felt like it had some holes. never explain fully why at one point they are just crazy girls in an room to next thing you know freakin hot and in skimpy clothes.

the guy who was the orginal antaganist also never got what he deserved to come back to him.

and sitting here now i am still clueless as to what the dance really was...

so i give it a C+ but because the CGI was brilliant a B-.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    and sitting here now i am still clueless as to what the dance really was...
    The dance was the therapy session with Dr. Gorski. This was in the real world. If you remember in the real world there was a bed in the middle of the theater. Movie had 3 planes from what I could make from it. Real life, cabaret life, fantasy storys for the items. Tho I dont understand, Rocket and Blondie as they died in the last 2 planes, that means they they got lobotomy also, right?

Normally main cast multiple female movies end up in utter failure. Because it has decent looking women I'm sure it will do good in the box office but it will be a terrible movie with terrible acting.

It's nowhere near as original as 300. Sorry, giving this steaming pile of crap a D+. The + is only because I like women in tight clothing.