Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shags the penguin View Post
    Anyone having issues with eclipse, Using BPT and I from time to time get it not entering eclipse correctly, I.e it says its "next cast" then it just doesn’t go it, the spell hits and BPT doesn’t say it’s failed. It sometimes feels to me that it’s out of sync like 2 casts ahead on eclipse energy. It’s not a lag issue because I have stopped dps while BPT says I am in eclipse however I have to cast again or sometimes twice to get the real proc.

It only happens after a wipe and it’s generally from the start before I actually get into a locked eclipse, it then will continue throughout the fight. Rather annoying since I often find I am about to leave a lunar or solar that I never got into in the first place. And I am 100% sure it’s not the spell missing or something. Just wondering if I am the only one having issues, its rare maybe once a week for a try or until I then die and reloadui.
    Actually I did notice it today on our Conclave HM - extremly annoying. And it wasn't happening yesterday. I haven't updated my addons either so it seems like Blizzard "hotfixed" something and it messes up with the addon.

Addon annoying as shit not letting you swap glyphs, dunno if that's it's interaction with some other addon or not but i got rid of BPT pretty quickly after i got it. Once you know your eclipse bar any of the addons letting you move it's tracking to a more central location works just as well.

I had the same issue tonight gonna do some research
    This bro quit the game but still loves the game and will be back for MoP!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axxey View Post
    Addon annoying as shit not letting you swap glyphs, dunno if that's it's interaction with some other addon or not but i got rid of BPT pretty quickly after i got it. Once you know your eclipse bar any of the addons letting you move it's tracking to a more central location works just as well.
    Sidenote: There is in fact bunch of other addons which block glypp swapping occassionally.

On the topic, BPT isn't good for the eclipse bar (in fact I prefer the eclipse bar from some other addons) but for the notification of incoming eclipse ... which seems to be not working occassionally since yesterday Shame, because it's an extremly usefull feature taking off some focus from the eclipse bar to other important stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    Sidenote: There is in fact bunch of other addons which block glypp swapping occassionally.
    As i say, it may be it's interaction with some other addon, I dont know but definitely for me, disabling balance power tracker and not touching anything else allows me to change glyphs.

Balance Mastery breakpoints look to be going away with 4.1.0:

http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t110353-...0/#post1900562

Should make life easier.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Calculated View Post
    but I suspect Maelstrom crystals will soon be coming way down in price with the advent of 4.1 Zul'Gurub/Zul'Aman 5-mans dropping purples.
    No need to suspect when it is already confirmed. From the update on the Patch 4.1 PTR notes:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Items

• All trade goods available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors have had their prices reduced by 50%.
    • Maelstrom Crystals are now available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors.

Deleted
    Hey, thanks for that awesome guide. curerently im in a mess with my druid. im sitting at 17.03% hint 1860 haste. so im below the haste cap of 1926 by a bit.so what would you do? reach teh haste cap, hit cap orsacrifice int (spirit gems/spirit buffood)?

thanks alot in advance.

arsenal: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gazer/advanced

I was about to go into a series of balancing acts, stats to chest, switch to picking up stat socket bonus to make up for lost spirit etc.

Then i noticed, take the easy road, reforge DMC haste.

Quote Originally Posted by kalo View Post
    Hey, thanks for that awesome guide. curerently im in a mess with my druid. im sitting at 17.03% hint 1860 haste. so im below the haste cap of 1926 by a bit.so what would you do? reach teh haste cap, hit cap orsacrifice int (spirit gems/spirit buffood)?

thanks alot in advance.

arsenal: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gazer/advanced
    Reforge DMC:V to haste from mastery done. +128 haste- 128 mastery
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    No need to suspect when it is already confirmed. From the update on the Patch 4.1 PTR notes:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Items

• All trade goods available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors have had their prices reduced by 50%.
    • Maelstrom Crystals are now available for purchase with Honor or Justice Points from the associated commodities vendors.
    The fact that crystals will be more widely available is not the part I suspect. That part I know. The part I suspect is that this will drive the price down accordingly. I guess you could say I know that as well but I can't with 100% certainty predict commodity futures. In other news, I suspect the price of oil will go up in the next month.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide

Question about trinket choices; I currently have the 359 versions of theralion's mirror, heart of ignacious, and then my DMC:V

I've read in numerous places that the mirror and the DMC:V are your best bet, which makes sense with the static int on mirror and how much mastery can benefit on add fights and what not. My question is would heart be a better choice for more static single target fights like H Chim and maybe H Atra, or would the mirror still in most cases win out?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...publick/simple my armory in case stats make a difference.

I suppose if someone were to make the argument that HoI can be better than Mirror, a predominantly single-target encounter would be the place to do it as Mastery will shine even more on multi-target fights. That said, all of the Mirror vs HoI comparisons I've seen have been done with single-target rotations and Mirror still models out better.

You are a bit haste light and could definitely use more but a 20-second haste proc is not the real way to sort that. Personally, I'd stick with DMC:Volc/Mirror across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Calculated View Post
    The fact that crystals will be more widely available is not the part I suspect. That part I know. The part I suspect is that this will drive the price down accordingly. I guess you could say I know that as well but I can't with 100% certainty predict commodity futures. In other news, I suspect the price of oil will go up in the next month.
    I misunderstood you then. Since the availability will skyrocket, the crystals will have a greater potential of satisfying the demand than before, which should make the prices more or less plummet, or at least that's something I've already taken for granted. But we'll see.

By the way, congratulations for becoming the new maintainer of the guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm reading alot of talk about trinkets across the board. I have a clear picture of my actual gear list but trinkets seem to be puzzling me.

I'm reading alot that DMC:V and Mirror are the two best choices. Now maybe I'm not factoring in the heroic Mirror, but at 359 level I'm using DMC:V and Vibrant Alchemist Stone

The alchemist stone throws out 301 int with a red socket and 10int bonus stacking up to 377 with my Chimeras Eye.
    It also throws me alot of haste aswell as a healing bonus.

Is it a case most guides and discussion are not factoring in this trinket simply because of the proffession requirement or am I missing something big?

Its the biggest static int gain from any trinket and the 194 haste is not to be sniffed at, being our second strongest stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromus View Post
    I'm reading alot of talk about trinkets across the board. I have a clear picture of my actual gear list but trinkets seem to be puzzling me.

I'm reading alot that DMC:V and Mirror are the two best choices. Now maybe I'm not factoring in the heroic Mirror, but at 359 level I'm using DMC:V and Vibrant Alchemist Stone

The alchemist stone throws out 301 int with a red socket and 10int bonus stacking up to 377 with my Chimeras Eye.
    It also throws me alot of haste aswell as a healing bonus.

Is it a case most guides and discussion are not factoring in this trinket simply because of the proffession requirement or am I missing something big?

Its the biggest static int gain from any trinket and the 194 haste is not to be sniffed at, being our second strongest stat.
    I understand that even without the chimera's eye in the socket it's still the highest amount of intellect you shouldn't calculate the extra int from it being a JC gem. If you were to get a different trinket in that spot then you'd be able to put the chimera's eye somewhere else.

Also, the reason everyone hasn't been saying alchemist stone is BiS is because it's not available for everyone like the Mirror, HoI, and DMC are. That being said I still don't think it's BiS even with normal mode trinkets because of the lack of a strong secondary stat. 194 haste can't really compare to the procs/uses that the other trinkets have.

Actually it very much can compare pre heroic.

High int comparible with mirror, static haste vs VERY unreliable bonus proc. Not everyone is an alchemist and 372 mirror jumps ahead.

From my TMR guide in the BiS section:

=============================
    Because trinkets come up more than any other gearing question, I'll start out by stack ranking them:

If you plug iLVL 359 and below trinks into WrathCalcs, they'll rate out as:

1. Darkmoon Card: Volcano
    2. Figurine - Jeweled Serpent
    3. Theralion's Mirror
    4. Heart of Ignacious
    5. Vibrant Alchemist Stone

I *mostly* agree with that though I'd put Mirror over JC personally. Even Wrathcalcs has those 2 exceptionally close (12 dps apart).

When we include iLVL 372 versions -- Alch and JC trinkets basically fall off the map. What you're left with is:

1. Darkmoon Card: Volcano
    2. Heroic Theralion's Mirror
    3. Heroic Heart of Ignacious

I'd also like to add an important footnotes / asterisks to this trinket list:

*Alchemy trinket may jump above others if you are near a significant haste break point so be aware. That said, at higher levels of gear, we should be >2000 haste even without the Alchemy trinket so this should be a very isolated case.
    =============================

That's about as concise as I can make trinket rankings while including JC and Alchy trinks for comparison. Also yes, you should only use a 40 INT gem when comparing trinkets not a chimera gem.

What % uptime and what % of effective uptime does wrathcalcs use?

Alchy stone is +30int + 195haste passive that the 1926mastery 20second proc has to beat, and beat reliably, not best case scenario.

Mirror is NEVER going to have 100% return from proc in a normal single target rotation(never ever in a normal rotation am I 20+ seconds eclipse). What % of uptime return do you need from 1926 mastery to beat passive 30int and 195haste?

From what I can tell on the Basic Calcs tab, 16.7% uptime, which is reasonably accurate. Mathematically speaking 20 seconds duration / 120 second cooldown, it should theoretically average out to 16.7% but obviously in practice will vary by fight length. Yesterday, across multiple boss fights, I saw anywhere from 16.6% uptime on the low end to 19.7% uptime on the high end. So what you're basically asking is if 321 Mastery (average) is better than 195 Haste + 30 INT. According to WrathCalcs, it appears that the Mastery proc wins (again my asterisk of haste break points could introduce situations where this will not be the case).