Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mades some changes to the guide for 4.1 -- mostly around Mastery break points being removed. Not much else to report / change really. Starsurge nerf doesn't impact rotation and there are no other changes of note as it relates to PvE.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced

Cool Best time to use Heart of Ignacious?

Most boomkins i know tend to use the heart right before they put up their dots after hitting an eclipse. However, consuming the spell power stacks causes you to lose the 385 spell power in exchange for 1605 haste. Would it not be better, in order so that you could get both benefits, to use the trinket approximately 5 casts before refreshing dots for the eclipse, so that you will have up 385 spell power (because the trinket will have already stacked the spell power again from casts) and the haste buff when going into the eclipses?

Both our dots last 18 sec (unles you use GoStarfire) so you should be able to pop the trinket get one set of hasted dots without the int buff, and another with both buffs right at the end. Also i never had the chance to test it since the trinket never drops... but it takes longer to stack it after some patch, not sure how fast you could get it pre nerf and how much slower does it work now but it might take more than 5 casts.
    Former BOOMkin bad ass...

so lets say dmc, mirror, and power torrent all miraculously proc at the same time... is it worth significantly clipping dots to refresh at that point? it seems it would be, as thats a whole lotta extra damage, but im not sure!

Probably only in solar, since the mirror proc is mastery and that doesnt effect IS in lunar, and doing it out of any eclipse you get only torrent and DMC buffs so you lose eclipsed dots for dots with a lot of spell power, wich makes it not worth the truble.
    Former BOOMkin bad ass...

I usually reserve clipping for large bonuses (read as Engulfing Magic, Stolen Power type buffs) but may *slightly* clip a dot with very little time remaining for a Mirror proc or somesuch. Not a firm rule one way or the other that I always follow . . . more of a Calculated decision at the time.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide

I was wondering if you're supposed to refresh IS everytime you hit eclipse with 2pc to put up a buffed critting IS with nature's grace or just when in solar or not at all if its still applied.

Deleted
    Hi,

I got a question about trinkets once again. In the moment I'm owning Theralion's Mirror and Heart of Ignacious. Is it worth the 7k gold to go for the Darkmooncard: Volcano? How much dps gain will that be?
    Last edited by mmocdb12b3cc9e; 2011-05-09 at 07:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fichte View Post
    Hi,

I got a question about trinkets once again. In the moment I'm owning Theralion's Mirror and Heart of Ignacious. Is it worth the 7k gold to go for the Darkmooncard: Volcano? How much dps gain will that be?
    I won't give you exact numbers but as I've read on EJ quite recently Volcano is our BiS next to Theralion's Mirror Heroic.

DMC:Volc is BiS and was very much worth the 15k (if I recall) I spent to get it early in the expansion. I've used it for months now, right through the tier. With 4.2 around the corner, you may not get as much useful life from your DMC as I did mine but, then again, you're getting it at half-price I'd still say it's worth it.

Deleted
    Even going into 4.2, DMC: Volcano is still looking strong by comparison to some of those trinkets, especially if you don't have access to 372 trinkets this tier.

Not to mention that there is a finite amount of new trinkets coming out in T12 and you're bound to not be the only caster in your raid, progression time, etc are all factors that indicate that DMC:V will be relevant at least till most normal mode bosses from Firelands are on farm.

Deleted
    Getting sick and tired of the astral alignment bug. While i spend time to make most out of my gear it pains me that Blizzard can't be arsed to fix it. Maybe i just start opening tickets about it couple of times a day

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helistin View Post
    Getting sick and tired of the astral alignment bug. While i spend time to make most out of my gear it pains me that Blizzard can't be arsed to fix it. Maybe i just start opening tickets about it couple of times a day
    I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious but I can't recall any bug there. Please explain what are you referring to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious but I can't recall any bug there. Please explain what are you referring to.
    If the spell that takes you into eclipse is a crit, it wastes one charge of the astral alignment.
    Blizzard is 'aware' of the issue, if only they would fix it...
    Last edited by mmocdddb5c80e5; 2011-05-07 at 10:50 AM.

Wow I was wondering about that.

Can you give us the link to your list of ''BiS'' boomkin gear. I couldnt really find your TMR guide. Tbh I dont really know what TMR is anyway.

It's linked right in my sig and at the bottom of this guide here. Clicky the links.

Hello dear boomkins. Mage speaking. I'm playing in a 10-man guild, the only caster besides me is a boomkin.

I wanted to ask for your honest opinion regarding the legendary staff. Do you feel that you want it, or would you consider your class as a better role to obtain the first one, compared to mages/warlocks?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.