Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    if he wants a caster who can bubble he should roll a priest.
    you don´t see me complaining that warlock pets are permanent whereas ours is not, do you?
    He is clearly not asking to be a bubble casting class. He is merely stating that the ability he does have, as per the topic seems outdated. 8000 damage absorb at level 80, 9000 damage absorb at level 85. When you contrast that with the health pools and damage done for the respective levels it does not seem to be on par.

No we don't see you complaining about your pets not being permanent because we are not in the priest forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthets View Post
    you are really making yourself look like an idiot, UA =/= void walker shield here let me help you:
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=68154
    What he said:
    Quote Originally Posted by JustNa55ty View Post
    I think something like "when dispelled deals 25% of the dispeller’s max hp in dmg and silences them for 4 seconds. Can NOT crit") Take the silence off DR with spell lock too.
    What I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    ...you're saying that the dispeller (someone with ~120k hp) should take 30000 damage and be silenced for 4 seconds when they dispel a 9k shield?
    And then back to you:
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthets View Post
    you are really making yourself look like an idiot
    Irony. So delicious.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What he said:

What I said:

And then back to you:

learn to copy and paste better

UA... so many people have said so many things about this spell. It really needs fixing. I think something like "when dispelled deals 25% of the dispeller’s max hp in dmg and silences them for 4 seconds. Can NOT crit") Take the silence off DR with spell lock too.

he is talking about UA dispell

Irony. So delicious.
    yes... yes it is
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2011-03-29 at 08:36 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

OP, I was trying to take you seriously and you were doing a reasonable job until I read this:

Just....really? You cannot be serious when you say "25% of the dispeller's max hp"? It is really hard to take you seriously when you say things like that. As someone who pvps a lot, you're saying that the dispeller (someone with ~120k hp) should take 30000 damage and be silenced for 4 seconds when they dispel a 9k shield? Doesn't that seem a bit ridiculous to you?

Desperate prayer heals for 30% of the priest's health (unless they hotfixed it, which I haven't seen) and does nothing else. Death coil is an instant cast fear that also heals the warlock for a small amount. There really isn't much similar.

Do warlocks need some help with survivability? Yes. Do they need a 35% instant fear heal? Lol, no.
    I just wanted to bring this to light after a while. I think it is funny how on the ptr this is pretty much what is happening. Yep, looks like UA is gonna hit for close to 25% of a players max hp. Not fully, but close. All in all I just think it is funny how this poster flammed me so much, but blizz seems to like the idea.

Have a nice day =)

I agree. 35% is too much really. With the newer pvp set bounus that would be way too OP. I do think thought that a % would be better then the lame 4000 health it gives. I mean, it's on a CD. Most of the CD spells in the game are all % based. Not all, but it is going in that direction. It needs to fit the CD better. It's an out dated spell. As are so many spells in the game. If blizz would just take a look at some of the spells compaired to the health pools I think balance in pvp would be much more noticeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wanted to bring this to light after a while. I think it is funny how on the ptr this is pretty much what is happening. Yep, looks like UA is gonna hit for close to 25% of a players max hp. Not fully, but close. All in all I just think it is funny how this poster flammed me so much, but blizz seems to like the idea.

Have a nice day =)

I just wanted to bring this to light after a while. i think it's funny how you were both talking about 2 different things. you about UA dispell, him VW bubble dispell. it was a misunderstanding that got out of hand.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

woa...20k shields on shadow priests? are you sure you ain't dreamin'?

I think some people may be focusing on the semantics of the post rather than the intent of the post.... Dont look at the 35%....look at the idea of % basis for the spells.

OP: I like the idea in general. The biggest issue is finding that sweet % so that you dont have things spiraling out of control at some later date.

Quote Originally Posted by WingsofLiberty View Post
    woa...20k shields on shadow priests? are you sure you ain't dreamin'?
    When did I ever say 20K shields on shadow priests?

---------- Post added 2011-04-19 at 07:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I just wanted to bring this to light after a while. i think it's funny how you were both talking about 2 different things. you about UA dispell, him VW bubble dispell. it was a misunderstanding that got out of hand.
    From what I can tell he was talking about UA also. He thinks that 25% max hps was too much. As we can see on the ptr the dmg is very close to this. I may be totally missing something though.

---------- Post added 2011-04-19 at 07:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    if he wants a caster who can bubble he should roll a priest.
    you don´t see me complaining that warlock pets are permanent whereas ours is not, do you?
    This guy clearly didn't read the first paragraph

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I can tell he was talking about UA also. He thinks that 25% max hps was too much. As we can see on the ptr the dmg is very close to this. I may be totally missing something though.
    Voidwalker shield 9k dmg absorb? (On CD) Priest bubble 18-19k? (Shadow spec) Seems out of balance to me...
    UA... so many people have said so many things about this spell. It really needs fixing. I think something like "when dispelled deals 25% of the dispeller’s max hp in dmg and silences them for 4 seconds. Can NOT crit") Take the silence off DR with spell lock too.
    Just....really? You cannot be serious when you say "25% of the dispeller's max hp"? It is really hard to take you seriously when you say things like that. As someone who pvps a lot, you're saying that the dispeller (someone with ~120k hp) should take 30000 damage and be silenced for 4 seconds when they dispel a 9k shield? Doesn't that seem a bit ridiculous to you?
    ..... all you have to do is slow down and read

When did I ever say 20K shields on shadow priests?

Voidwalker shield 9k dmg absorb? (On CD) Priest bubble 18-19k? (Shadow spec) Seems out of balance to me...
    sorry not trying to flame you here but you really need to pay attention and read yourself
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2011-04-19 at 07:57 PM.

Have a nice day =)
    What i find funny is how anyone can get all "up in arms" about 25% when in TBC it did about 6k which was roughly 40% hp of the average joe's max hp at the time. i might be mistaken but i think i remember it being able to crit then too... so 25% is still shy of where it started.

FYI dude that doesn't seem to understand the difference between vw sac and UA... UA was created to provide dispell protection for affliction locks... since the vast majority of their damage come from dispellable dots. in other words it was supposed to make that priest think REAL hard about hitting dispell on you... Currently it fails to do so. vw sac is a very weak bubble cast by your voidwalker.
    Last edited by mancer187; 2011-04-19 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mancer187 View Post
    What i find funny is how anyone can get all "up in arms" about 25% when in TBC it did about 6k which was roughly 40% hp of the average joe's max hp at the time. i might be mistaken but i think i remember it being able to crit then too... so 25% is still shy of where it started.

FYI dude that doesn't seem to understand the difference between vw sac and UA... UA was created to provide dispell protection for affliction locks... since the vast majority of their damage come from dispellable dots. in other words it was supposed to make that priest think REAL hard about hitting dispell on you... Currently it fails to do so. vw sac is a very weak bubble cast by your voidwalker.
    To be fair, most Dispel Protection is somewhat lacking (apart from Unholy Diseases being unable to be dispelled) but at least it is getting the damage doubled in the patch.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    1. Warlocks were mages not priests, no need to compare warlocks shields to priest shields.
    2. Remove the healing part of Death Coil and you will see what the spell is all about. They just added healing to it's main purpose, Warlock's Death Coil is not for healing, no need to heal you for 35%
    3. Before the latest patch Warlocks were pure healers, nothing else, just plain healers in arenas. Next patch Warriors are getting buffed as hell, play your warrior and profit.

If you don't enjoy your warlock at the moment don't play him, you have another 2 FOTH vlasses at max lvl, play them instead and profit, that should lower your frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by mafeel View Post
    1. Warlocks were mages not priests, no need to compare warlocks shields to priest shields.
    2. Remove the healing part of Death Coil and you will see what the spell is all about. They just added healing to it's main purpose, Warlock's Death Coil is not for healing, no need to heal you for 35%
    3. Before the latest patch Warlocks were pure healers, nothing else, just plain healers in arenas. Next patch Warriors are getting buffed as hell, play your warrior and profit.

If you don't enjoy your warlock at the moment don't play him, you have another 2 FOTH vlasses at max lvl, play them instead and profit, that should lower your frustration.
    I do play them... and my point is that compaired to the 3 other 85's I play locks are no where near compareable. (My lock is best geared too) You somewhat prove that point here by saying move to the better classes until my class gets buffed. Thats a no win argument that people keep bringing up. This game shouldn't be about switching between the best FOTM class. I pay the devs to use there product. The least they can do is bring everyone to par. And, I think to do this all they really need to do is look out outdated spells compared to the new hps.

I just want to bring up that Death Coil is our oh shit button. We really don't have any other defencive spells against melee as a lock. When a DK can pop anti-magic followed by silence followed by pet stun and totally make it to where I cant even cast a spell for over 10 seconds and then my hp's are around 25% I think I need an OH SHIT button to bring the compitition back to competivie play. At least make it to where I have a small chance of beating him. I don't want to hear this crap about... "dur pvp isn't balanced around 1v1 retard talk" People that say that don't look at the game as a whole. Wouldn't you rather play this game and beat the other players because of skill rather then just because you see a class you can counter and press 11234 and win? I like this game and want to see it back in a state of praise rather then the state of crap its in now. Go back and READ my first post to see what this whole topic is about in the first place. It was designed to make you guys look at outdated spells and come up with good BALANCED ways to use them.

We're the least played class, so we're the last class in the priority for balancing. In Blizzards mine, keep the masses happy, so they keep getting money. However, if Blizzard invested a bit of time into fixing us, updating our spells, etc. (nothing overboard just being brought up to par) I feel that would increase our player population for the class.