How do I get max DPS out of engineering?

I just recently switched from Herbalism(lol) to engineering for raiding/personal fun (random rocket boots/transporters/old trinkets).

What bombs should I be using (I am goblin I believe)?

Synapse Springs as ret paladin (currently macrod with Crusader Strike) right?

Any other things I should be using? I use Bolt Gun often on AOE, it works out pretty nice.

Thanks for the help in advance, inb4 rocket boots are ineffective.

Pop your synapse strings when you're doing your AW/Zeal/potion rotation if you do not have any on-use trinkets.
    Also, save your bombs when there are gaps in between your rotation (more pref. to use rather than consecrate)

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, as an Arms Warrior, I made a macro to combine Synapse Springs with Overpower (or any highly prioritized ability for your class). This way, Synapse Springs will always be on cooldown.
    "Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory."
    General S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Kultahari View Post
    Personally, as an Arms Warrior, I made a macro to combine Synapse Springs with Overpower (or any highly prioritized ability for your class). This way, Synapse Springs will always be on cooldown.
    Likewise i have done this with my pyroblast on my mage

Quote Originally Posted by Blayzee View Post
    Likewise i have done this with my pyroblast on my mage
    IMO, Flame orb works better as the CD's line up perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Medinore View Post
    Pop your synapse strings when you're doing your AW/Zeal/potion rotation if you do not have any on-use trinkets.
    Also, save your bombs when there are gaps in between your rotation (more pref. to use rather than consecrate)
    Which bomb? Also, it does make sense to line it up with that, but then again, I could maybe do that in the beginning, but eh really don't feel like keybinding for just springs xG.

Macro the Springs into a high priority move, the CD is too short to warrant saving it JUST for burn phases.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Big Daddy should be the best available bombs, added recently in 4.0.6 to the goblin engineer trainer (dalaran/tanaris).

http://www.wowhead.com/item=63396#created-by

I haven't used them myself as I usually raid holy(paladin) but they seem to do 2.5-3x as much dmg on high hp targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Big Daddy should be the best available bombs, added recently in 4.0.6 to the goblin engineer trainer (dalaran/tanaris).

http://www.wowhead.com/item=63396#created-by

I haven't used them myself as I usually raid holy(paladin) but they seem to do 2.5-3x as much dmg on high hp targets.
    Ugh, those are pretty expensive and supposedly do the 3X damage or w/e on undamaged mobs.