Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailuvan View Post
    Efflorescence is getting nerfed.
    Efflorescence is getting buffed. Please stop making stuff up.

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 07:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    Tranquility is Divine hymn and Effloresence is healing rain, serenity(?), Radiance
    My point was how they're getting buffed, not that they exist. They are each becoming much stronger than the abilities you just mentioned.

[Edit] I've edited the post you quoted to specify the buff to each of those abilities.
    Last edited by Dendrek; 2011-03-25 at 07:34 PM.

i think this change along with the glyph will finally start to challenge paladins for the tank healer role that they like to think is thiers alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Also, if you think efflor is getting nurfed you need to read though the tons of threads on this forums alone proving it's a large buff.

According to Wowhead, live and PTR, Efflor rank 3....

Live: ...healing all nearby friendly targets within 0 yards for 30% of the amount healed by your Swiftmend over 7 sec...
    PTR: ...equal to 12% of the amount healed by your Swiftmend to the three most injured targets within 0 yards, every 1 sec for 7 sec....

I'll admit, I haven't gone to look at the math as to why that's not a nerf, but it hits half the targets, and only does 40% of the healing to those it does hit, but only if those are the most injured in that tick. If that's not a nerf to AOE , I don't understand it then. It's certainly a complete change in the mechanic, being a smartheal now, and will need to be used completely differently now. It's seems to me to be a smaller, lesser ranged version of WG that requires everyone to stay in the effect area for 7 seconds.

Also, I mean that the bonus heal from NS is 7% of the tank's health. That's the value of the CD in this case, not what is a net 21% heal (14% from the original HT plus 7% NS).
    Last edited by Ailuvan; 2011-03-25 at 07:39 PM.

Live: ...healing all nearby friendly targets within 0 yards for 30% of the amount healed by your Swiftmend over 7 sec...
    PTR: ...equal to 12% of the amount healed by your Swiftmend to the three most injured targets within 0 yards, every 1 sec for 7 sec....

I'll admit, I haven't gone to look at the math as to why that's not a nerf, but it hits half the targets, and only does 40% of the healing to those it does hit, but only if those are the most injured in that tick. If that's not a nerf to AOE , I don't understand it then. It's certainly a complete change in the mechanic, being a smartheal now, and will need to be used completely differently now. It's seems to me to be a smaller, lesser ranged version of WG that requires everyone to stay in the effect area for 7 seconds.
    Please do a search on these forums for the new Efflorescence change. There are A TON of posts that prove your theory wrong.

It seems like, for folks that have a roll that needs HT, the buff will likely be a solid one. For folks that are already on raid heals, I'm not sure this buff will mean anything. With that said, it's a nice indication that Blizzard realizes something isn't right with this talent.

With that said, it seems like this change will be more of a HPS thing than a save in that this ability alone is unlikely to save the tank. For example if you have some kind of a rotation on big healing CD, i don't think the raid could depend on this talent alone holding a spot in that big heal CD rotation. It's a nice change to the ability, but doesn't look like the save we were all hoping for.
    They should drop the glyph completely and make NS something like a 1m CD. Or they should make the talent auto-crit on next healing spell instead of bonus healing so it works in conjunction with living seed.

You are misunderstanding the wording. It used to do 30% total, to 6 targets. Assuming all hit, that is 180%.
    It will be doing 12% per tick, for 7 seconds, affected by haste so for a not excessively geared druid 9 ticks, to 3 targets. 12*3*9 -> 324%
    Raid geared druids will be getting more than 9 ticks.

So for raid geared druids, its doubling (or more) the amount of healing done.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    Tranquility is Divine hymn
    This made me almost fall out my chair. Tranquility heals for more than double what Hymn does, and even before the change Hymn still has an 8 min CD, and now Tranq is 3 min. And before you mention PS and GS, let me remind you that ALL druids get Tranq, as well as Innervate, as well as Rebirth.

Deleted
    Still doesn't seem worthy of a talent point in 25's where you will have several other healers also in "omg xxx is gonna die, so I'll cast spell Y" mode.
    In 10's or heroics it might be less pants .

/edit ^ tho feral tranq's and innervates are pretty pants and most won't have glyphed rebirth either. (yes I like that word).
    Last edited by mmoc68ea15c517; 2011-03-25 at 07:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, 10s I probably still wont take it.

25s, as said, on any fight where it chooses one person to beat the shit out of it may still be nice to take and save for a healer, especially in HMs. In my general 25 spec I doubt I'll take it. I may switch to it on certain fights though.
    Tank healing it will probably be mandatory.

Deleted
    I actually specced it before in raiding enviorments for a "wtfheal" spell (macroed with healing touch). I see how people will say that it's "overpowered" in arena...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 6BigZ6 View Post
    This made me almost fall out my chair. Tranquility heals for more than double what Hymn does, and even before the change Hymn still has an 8 min CD, and now Tranq is 3 min. And before you mention PS and GS, let me remind you that ALL druids get Tranq, as well as Innervate, as well as Rebirth.
    Which is exactly the problem: every druid can do it.

The NS change is nice (I mean, it is a buff), but it also seems to mean druids will keep being the "healers that only heal". I would've hoped for a bit more diversity at some point, but I guess this'll have to do.

WTB Target-able Barkskin.

I don't get why some are bringing up hps here... It's a cd that will save someone. I've personally always picked NS. It might not be a "Lay on Hands" like it used to be, but it has saved countless players I raid with, even during Cata. Remember you can cast it on non-tanks too :O

It truly bothers me to see most healers only/mainly concerned with hps. Saving someone > doing higher hps in my books. This change only makes the cooldown better, and more effective on tanks. More cherry on the cake is always welcome for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Milky View Post
    More cherry on the cake is always welcome for me.
    I don't like cherries. /faceplant

To avoid being interacted for spamming: I agree with you. People need to be wary about only looking at abilities from an hps perspective. Of course hps matters, but it's not the whole story. I can do some pretty insane hps during a wipe if I wish (afterall, everyone will be very low on health - perfect time to spam heals, right?). But ideally you want to do things that will keep people alive, and in that regard hps only matters when you're trying to keep up with massive sustained damage. Otherwise burst healing, or mitigation, or efficiency are potentially more important than hps.

Efflorescence is getting nerfed. Currently hit hits up to 6 targets within the AoE, it's reducing to 3 and smarthealing. Nice for preventing overhealing maybe, but not for doing AOE heals so much.
    Any time there's less than 6 targets (say, you used it on the tank because he dipped low, or you used in on a dps because they dipped low) it's a nice buff.
    For simplicity's sake, let's assume SM heals for 10k each time all the time. Currently it will put down a circle that heals up to 6 people in it for (10000*.3/7) 428.5 a tick. We have health pools of 120,000. That means you get healed for 0.35% of your health a tick. And that's if there's less <7 people standing in the circle. Say you're stacking up for the feud on 25 man Chimaeron. I forget if the non-break tanks stand in with everyone or not, we'll assume 22 people standing in the pile for now, rather than 24-5.

With 22 people, that 428.5 number doesn't go to every person. It gets split between everyone. The Efflo will only ever heal for (10000*.3*6) 18,000 healing, over 7 seconds. So to find how much it heals a single person for per tick, it's 10000*.3*6/7/22.
    10000=SM heal for simplicity's sake
    *.3=Assuming 3/3 Efflo, the amount of SM that Efflo will heal for
    *6=The max amount of people it will heal
    /7=It heals once a second for 7 seconds. We're finding the per tick number
    /22=The amount of people getting healed.

You know what that amounts to? 116.8. That's worthless. That's not going to save anyone. That pads the meters, but it's utterly worthless for actually saving someone from dieing. When's the last time you've actually seen yourself die to an overkill of 117? Level 20 maybe?

The new version: Heals up to 3 people for 12% of the SM heal every second.
    That means each tick heals for 1200.

If you're just worried about meter padding, the potential SM heal totals:
    4.0.6: 10000*.3*6=18000
    4.1: 10000*.12*3*7=25200
    But wait, there's more! Efflo also now scales with haste, meaning it will get extra ticks as you get extra haste. Getting one extra tick should be fairly easy. With that, it would heal for 28,800.

So now, not only does it heal better if you have to use SM as an emergency single target heal (ya know, like it's always been) instead of as an aoe heal, but it also heals more efficiently, is less likely to overheal, is more likely to save someone's life, AND it heals for more total overall.

I just don't understand how people can think that SM is getting nerfed. To top it all off, it's no longer linked to Living Seed. Efflo is getting buffed in almost every single possible way you could think of.
    ಠ_ಠ

Eh.

It's a nice improvement, but my quick napkin math says that NS+HT (what I believe is the most common use of this) nets only an additional 3-4k healing before SP increases, maybe 7-10k after. On a 3 minute cooldown, that's an whopping increase of 55 HPS.

Disclaimer: Not a theorycrafter. If people who are have better numbers, please share.

Comments like this make me cringe. NS isn't about increasing your HPS, it's about saving lives. People worry so goddamn much about meters that they forget healing isn't about meters, it's about keeping people alive. Yes, higher HPS potential does help with that, but when it comes to things like this, the increased HPS of it isn't what matters.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Ailuvan;10864536]Efflorescence is getting nerfed. Currently hit hits up to 6 targets within the AoE, it's reducing to 3 and smarthealing. Nice for preventing overhealing maybe, but not for doing AOE heals so much.

Its not getting nerfed, read the posts here, its a buff, we get more hps with the new effl.

edit: I see that hoticehunter made a similar post, using a 10k swiftmend value rather than raw %s, feel free to read his post too if you are still confused.

Because people still appear to believe efflorescence is getting nerfed...
    30% of your swiftmend over 7 second per person up to 6 (Then it diminishes), 180% (increased by 1/2 crit%, so a crit chance of 15% gives 7.5% more heals) of your swiftmend heals in one patch with the current efflorescence, requiring 6 people or more.

When changed, it will become 12% per person per second up to 3 people for 7 seconds. 12x7 (8 or 9 depending on haste)x3= 252% (288, 324%) of the swiftmend, requiring 3 people and having little overheal due to smart healing. Making it a buff in every way possible, in throughput, and the smart healing style while being ground set gives the same effect as healing everyone at once if everyone has equal loss of health.
    This looks pretty clear...

This may be a pretty good tool now, as a NS+healing touch can make a pretty good spike now, but usually not enough, the 50% buff should make it useful enough to take the point and use it.
    Last edited by BoomChickn; 2011-03-26 at 01:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMcfly View Post
    WTB Target-able Barkskin.
    No your not, you need it when channeling Tranq. : )

Deleted
    I think this is a great change. It wont boost HPS so we wont need a second nerf but provides us with a healing CD.