Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    this one game i played that was all about ski-doos

alot of fun tracks, great music to go with it

an original Xbox game. the only thing that i could enjoy when i took breaks from halo 2 =P

WaveRace?!

One of my favs!

That and echo the dolphin for sega.
    amg no sig?!

For MMOs I would have to say Asheron's call, its very old school and is the very definition of hardcore. I would also have to say Star Wars Galaxies, a lot of people have played and heard of the game but all they can remember is the bad. The game pre-combat-update was amazing, one of the best MMO's I have ever played, and I have played close to 20 different MMOs over the years.

Now for console/handheld games. I saw someone mention Riverea. That game is amazing, it really is one of the most unique RPGs ever made. If anyone here can track it down on GBA I highly suggest picking it up, if not on GBA then at least on PSP.
    Monster Rancher is a great series that people over look, mainly because its another monster collection game and its over shadowed by pokemon. But the series really is one of my favs.
    I really have too many games to list do here is just a few without going into any detail on them:
    The Katamari series
    Demon's Souls
    Bully
    Rogue Galaxy
    Grandia
    Gun Grave
    Star Lancer and free lancer
    Fury3/ hellbender
    Radatia Stories

Heard alot of great responses in this thread, thought I might as well give a shout-out to those of you who back some of my underdogs:

Asheron's Call: Played this game for many years, it almost every way it was better than Evercrack, but never got the same acclaim. Still running to this day.

Final Fantasy 9: It wasn't the best in the series no, but it did have some moments that just made you go... wow. Bahamut attacking Alexandria, the airship battle... I even saved the airship battle under a different save slot, just so I could go back and watch it over and over. Great game.

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: I loved this game, after the 2nd or 3rd time however it got kind of redundant, shame. The many different ways you could deal with enemies was priceless.

Super Mario RPG: Very engaging, fun, even though the story was as cheesy as you can get (occasionally that's what made it great. Like the Axem Rangers /rolleyes)

A few others that weren't mentioned
    Might and Magic 7: easily one of the most engaging games I've ever played, lots of replay value... shame the game engine wasn't more robust but that's the tradeoff; reusing older game mechanics to compensate for spending more time on content. I have to say being able to turn a sorcerer into a Lich sold the game for me.

Fantasy General: how many times have I replayed this game... I couldn't tell you. It has so many flaws and technical issues that you can get frustrated easily, yet I find myself drawn back to it whenever I want to do some real strategy.
    Last edited by Jaojin; 2011-03-29 at 08:13 PM.

Eternal Darkness, loved it.

Deleted
    Penumbra! All of them!

Dark Messiah of might and magic. Why the fuck didn't they follow that game up, the BEST first person melee combat system I've ever played with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some real hidden gems in this list, although a lot of the games mentioned are in no way under rated.

For me, the top 3 most under rated PC games are:

• Sacrifice (Some one else mentioned this) - One of the greatest RTS games I've every played, and still play every now and again.
    • Giants: Citizen Kabuto - Reviewed well, but sold poorly, was a freaking funny game and great fun, loved it.
    • Outcast - Free cookie to anyone that remembers this classic Action/Adventure game on the PC from the late 90's. At the time the graphics were stunning. Another game that reviewed well, but sold poorly. It was a game of such huge scope that was years ahead of its time.

I'm sure there are others, buts that the top 3 that come to mind.

To the person that mentioned Baldurs Gate on the PC. Underrated? really? The Baldurs Gate games are in no way underrated and are regarded as one of the greatest gaming saga on the PC. BG 2 is still in pretty much every top 10 PC gaming list. Planescape Torment on the other hand, is probably the underrated infinity engine game. Now that was a true RPG classic.
    Last edited by Seme; 2011-03-29 at 08:30 PM.

Deleted
    Unreal Tournament 3. I really expected it to be played alot but I was proven wrong. All unreal tournament games are awesome (2003 not that much) but still very unpopular.

Demon's Souls, hands down, is one of the best games ever to hit the PS3 and it's extremely unfortunate that it's as underrated and unknown as it is.

Here are a couple Review videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd5u_LrqmPo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kUDZYfBugA

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goliethlol View Post
    Demon's Souls, hands down, is one of the best games ever to hit the PS3 and it's extremely unfortunate that it's as underrated and unknown as it is.
    Demon's Souls isn't underrated... It's one of the most prominent RPGs for the PS3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartnet View Post
    Final Fantasy 9
    This. A thousand times this. Final Fantasy IX was easily the best Final Fantasy ever; people didn't like it because it wasn't Final Fantasy VII. The story was amazing, the sound track is flawless, and the combat was very smooth.

Vagrant Story
    Legend of Dragoon

Final Fantasy VIII (thats 8). I said it, and having said it, I am fully planned to argue it being better than 7, even best FF of all time.

Brutal Legend. The story is excellent.

One of my all time favorite games is Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders. It was truly a amazing game and all my friends that I have gotten to play it love it. It was very unique the way they did the combat system in it.

One of my favourite games: Giants: Citizen Kabuto
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giants:_Citizen_Kabuto

It wasn't very popular, but I like it as it was back then, and still is, one of the the only games that explored the area of 3-way combat with completely different play styles. The goal in the multiplayer game is to collect Smarties, little humanoids that will work for you, create buildings and grant you new and more powerful spells and abilities.
    You could chose to be a powerful magic aqua lady (called Sea Reapers), with powers to use spells and summon a great leviathan to destroy your enemies.
    Or you could play as gun wielding Meccaryn, build structures, get more powerful weapons, even build gyrocopters and take two team mates with you while you attack from above.
    Or the last one, There was only ever one player able to play one of of these in any one battlefield, the Kabuto. A HUGE monster that grew in size the more Smarties he ate, one he grew to max size he could lay two eggs and hatch little Kabuto hatchlings to munch down your foes.

Definately a game that needed more love back in the day.

The singleplayer mode was pretty hilarious too, a lot of funny moments and references.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sh_VuxYqBY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zu7u9AcvHc
    Thoaee, Guardian of Cenarius, Proud member of <Rising Sun> Twisting Nether - EU

Vexx, and Tactical Sniper. Old PS2 games. Amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnn View Post
    I started playing the game when I was 11 during BC. I actually discovered jacking off and came for the first time during a Gruul's Lair raid with my guild!

10+ Year Old Account
    Freelancer 2, tho it never came.

Im still waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    The WipeOut series
    Populous: The Beginning
    Might and Magic 7

now that I think about it, I'm just having a streak of nostalgia....

10+ Year Old Account
    OgreBattle 64: Person of Lordly Calibur - my favorite game ever and I still play it occasionally, and since it's been released on virtual console on the wii, I don't need to plug up my old N64 to play it either
    Also, FFX-2 - I know, lots of people think 'But that was horrible' I got it last year and gave it a try, definitely a great game if you can put up with the extreme girly pop attitude(mute button works wonders XD). The combat system is amazing and definitely makes the meh story and overall feel of the game worth putting up with.