Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Spell hit cap is 1742, exact.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it turns out we can all breath easy. Thanks to everyone for clarifying that for me!
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dioxy View Post
    It doesn't matter if it sims a 1000 dps increase. What are you going to do if you miss multiple of lightening bolts / flame shocks / earthshocks etc.. In one given fight? You just lost quite a bit of damage not being spell hit capped.

I know how enh sim works and agility > everything, but only after your 17% spell hit / 26-26 expertise.
    In reality, this isn't really a factor. You can't Reforge for Agility. It works the same way as it does for any caster; you gem/enchant for your main stat, Agility or Intellect, and Reforge for whatever Hit Rating you need to hit 1742.

And as Elemental, I'm easily overflowing in Spirit. I've got plenty of room to go way over the cap if I wanted to. Getting enough Hit while gemming full Intellect is totally not a problem.

Since they're playing with hit rolls and what not in 4.1, maybe they're making all of our abilities use the melee hit table, instead of spell hit table? ie 961 hit rating to cap spells as enhancement? Kinda like the way LL is currently setup. And DMC hurricane.

With that in mind, the change makes perfect sense. Ah, I can dream.

It's amazing how much of the community who claim to have Enhancement shaman mains thought for I don't know how much time that the talent gave spell hit. I don't mean to bash, but you don't even know your own class.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    Is this speculation or do you know this for a fact?

Cause I agree with the OP that having to reforge another 6% Hit would be a real bummer
    Check you melee hit and your spell hit on live, your melee hit will be higher than your spell hit even with the DW talent. Spell hit needs less rating per 1% hit rating than melee hit does so that should tell you right there you are getting no spell hit from the DW talent.

from EJ:

Cataclysm Combat Ratings and Stats
    Rating Level 60 Level 70 Level 80 Level 81 Level 82 Level 83 Level 84 Level 85

Hit 9.37931 14.7905 30.7548 40.3836 53.0304 69.6653 91.4738 120.109
    Spell Hit 8 12.6154 26.232 34.4448 45.2318 59.4204 78.0218 102.446

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bestpike View Post
    It's amazing how much of the community who claim to have Enhancement shaman mains thought for I don't know how much time that the talent gave spell hit. I don't mean to bash, but you don't even know your own class.
    Its amazing how many people don't mean to bash but do it anyway...

Yes, that is one detail some of us missed. So what?

Hence asking questions and finding out otherwise, which last I checked is the whole point in these forums.

---------- Post added 2011-03-25 at 01:32 PM ----------

But again, all this has been clarified for me now, and thank you to those that answered questions instead of criticized for not knowing already.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmifias View Post
    I really hope that gets updated cause enhancement shamans require alot of hit anyway.
    /boggle

Did you even read any of this thread? The fail is strong with this one.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

First off, this is a fix for a tool-tip error, people do not need to start going crazy about the fact that they wont be spell hit capped anymore.

Also, Even after 4.1 it will still be ideal for shamans to be spell hit capped. While we will not need to have hit cap for interrupts (a important if not mandatory role in many fights) it will still be useful in order to maximize the up time of elemental devastation, and subsequently, the up time of flurry.

As is it is not extremely hard to manage your hit, and should be easy to cap through reforging and gemming. In our current BiS set up (Note BiS set up is for Tauren as they are the only race that does not provide some sort of buff for enhancement DPS) we are only gemming for hit 3 times (All with AGI socket bonus ofc) and reforging to it once (and then subsequently reforging away from it...).

I doubt it will be any harder to reach the hit cap in any later patches, and therefore deem it (In my mind) unnecessary for dual wield to also award spell hit.

-- Yapi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post
    Is this speculation or do you know this for a fact?

Cause I agree with the OP that having to reforge another 6% Hit would be a real bummer
    this is fact.. its been that way for awhile...

proof... get in your enh gear... notice both hit and spell hit... and then unspec and notice the drop ONLY in melee hit by 6%

or you could just get nude and notice your hit with no gear on...
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Was that uninformative and anticlimactic enough? .

hope they update it to affect spell hit.. moar mastery!

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by straazz View Post
    On live servers it increases all hit by 6%, whereas it no longer increases spell hit on that PTR build.
    Wait, what?

Its a tooltip change. Nothing will change.

Im actually interested to see how this Wind Shear "buff" is going to affect us. Interested to see if reforging all that hit to mastery or something will be beneficial. Doubt it will though. Perhaps later on in the expansion when our spells start hitting like wet noodles.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2011-03-25 at 09:47 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    idd, it seems no more than a tooltip update, so:

MY BAD, i have to learn to read properly i guess...

on another note, since it's already been brought up: wind shear... making it unable to hit is meant to aid those who aren't hit capped... not those who are, cus it would just hit anyway.

it's also been commented that we shouldn't receive a +spell hit buff... i have to disagree to some extent... i'd settle for 2-3 %, but anything beyond that would be silly.. yes, i said silly.. that leaves quite a few rating points we can spend on mastery, which would be a good thing, considering it is a good one...

and another thing: bashing = bad... thanks to those of you who helped clarify this tho, you rule.

Deleted
    it's good that they fixed the tooltip, as it's stops the misconception some hold about getting spell hit from it

Deleted
    they should rather patch it up so it gives 6% spell hit as well, as far as i can tell, nothing will change in playstyle and/or hitcapping.

We've been fucking annoyed by the fact that we get no contribution to spell hit from our DW talents for ages now; but it's something enhancement shamans have had to live with for a looooong time.

That notwithstanding, the changes to Wind Shear and (interrupts) mean that playing around with reforging to mastery *might* be worthwhile.
    I'm pretty sure going balls to the wall mastery, while ignoring hit wont be great at all, but perhaps there is some sweet spot closer to the spell hit cap, where missing the odd spell or two is made up by hitting harder.

I for one intend to stay hit capped for all things srs-bsness, but it's intriguing enough to fuck around with on the side, IMO.
    Brightaegis - Enhancement Shaman - Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by bloodhaven View Post
    We've been fucking annoyed by the fact that we get no contribution to spell hit from our DW talents for ages now; but it's something enhancement shamans have had to live with for a looooong time.

That notwithstanding, the changes to Wind Shear and (interrupts) mean that playing around with reforging to mastery *might* be worthwhile.
    I'm pretty sure going balls to the wall mastery, while ignoring hit wont be great at all, but perhaps there is some sweet spot closer to the spell hit cap, where missing the odd spell or two is made up by hitting harder.

I for one intend to stay hit capped for all things srs-bsness, but it's intriguing enough to fuck around with on the side, IMO.
    I'm personally particularly annoyed by this as well. Maybe it's just me, but of rets, DKs, and enhancement shaman, we're the ones who are actually casing "spells." DKs and rets just have abilities on the spell hit table.. yet we are the only ones without spell hit.

GG Blizzard logic

Blizzard devs are that stupid. They really don't know their own game and requires players to tell them how their game works. Unfortunately for Enhance, they don't really listen so we just deal with the bad and move on. We are probably the most resilient (or most stubborn) class in the game.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Well, that isn't a detail. It is a core talent that has been the same since its implementation 4 years back. The worst part is not to know about it, but actually whining about it getting changed to what it actually is. I mean, I don't find it very productive to ask for buffs or nerfs if you don't totally grasp how things are. Don't you find this an irresponsible thing to do?