Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by USMValor View Post
    lol blizzes power auras would have you fulmination shock at 9 charges, its a huge pain in the ass that requires twitch reflexes not skill soooo get an addon
    Power auras are incredibly helpful
    You saying you need skill to use an addon that tells you when to do something?

Blizz Poweraura is all you need. Ele rotation is mind-numbingly simple.

i dont use anything i just use my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Snixs View Post
    Hey fellow elemental shamans!

I just changed to Elemental DPS from enhance, to get to a new part of the game ofc. And my question to you is, how do you keep your rotation up? don't you got any "helping programs" that tells you stuff like, when is LS on 7+ stacks? When did Flame Shock trigger LB to reset CD? Anything?

The rotation i'm trying to follow is the one mentioned in the guide on these forums.

Tried a few addons herein elementarist which sucked ass... :b

yours sincerly, Snixs
    Totem timers, covers it all.

I use totemtimers, I only use it for totems/lightning shield, I've placed it near my action bar so I can constantily check LS stacks and I just use the blizzard interface power aruas for lava surge procs

10+ Year Old Account
    I use power auras for telling me when my Elemental Mastery cooldown is up, and when I don't have a Fire totem down. Blizzard default power-aura-type-thing for Lava Surge.

I use ShieldsUp for tracking my lightning shield, which is essentially a number on my screen that I have resting right on top of my toon, with a moderate transparency.

I use ClassTimers for flameshock, with a thin bar that sits just above my cast bar. The text is just small enough that I can barely read the numbers on it, but I've been playing with it for a while so I know what length corresponds to what duration.

Send me a Tell and I will post you my PA string.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laina View Post
    Personally I'm using Bone's Epic PowerAuras (Link)
    Shows me exactly what I need to know to perform my job.

This, although I customized mine a fair amount to suit my specific preferences.
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

event horison continued, I have started to play with power auras too... EM is macro'd so i have one less thing to track

Get the addon Ovale Spell Priority. It will be the only thing you need to pull off your rotation although I also use power auras and classtimes, mostly to track my lightning charges.
    I am the co-host of a WoW related podcast at www.warcraftlounge.com. Check it out for tips on making gold, commentary on general WoW news, and entertaining recaps of the stupid shit that has happened to us in game. You can download us at iTunes, where we have a 5 star rating from our listeners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? people use mods to play elemental shamans. Its such an easy class(spec) to play

Quote Originally Posted by Lockrocker75 View Post
    Really? people use mods to play elemental shamans. Its such an easy class(spec) to play
    Easier than enhancement?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockrocker75 View Post
    The same people who say it's so easy to play are the people who also claim we're terrible DPS at the bottom of all the charts. Because they're not doing it properly.

It's not the most complicated, by any means, but it's not an "easy" spec, relatively speaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jathro View Post
    Ele rotation is mind-numbingly simple.
    Everyone who posts that the ROTATION is simple has already conceded that they have no idea how to play elemental shaman. Unless by rotation, you meant priority system...

How many posts do I need to make before I can post MY ui pic and Ele PA string set?

Totem timers and shaman's friend mods are all you need.

While the single target spell priority system is pretty much laid out, being able to know what to cast on the run is probably what separates the great eles from the average eles.

Addons i use for Elemental:
    ShieldsUp - Lighting Shield ( and any other ) orbs tracking. It's an number u can move anywhere on your screen and set it's scale. I usualy put that number near my own health/mana frame. Similar somehow with a rogue's combo points.
    MikScrollingBattleText - Lava Surge proc. U can set a sound when the Lava Surge triggers for those who play with in-game sound.

Totem Timers, Powerauras, Xperl....

I don't use any addon for that, I just look to the right corner for when LS is 7+ stacks , check my screen for any lavasurge messages and once in a while I check when I need to refresh my fire totem.

Wait no, I do use one thing: Quartz. For seeing how much time there's left on my FS