Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by LeroyJenkems View Post
    Is there a reforging assisting add-on to help with min-max that you know of?
    Don't know of an addon, but there' RAWR (silverlight - online version) or RAWR (downloadable executable) that supports reforging

10+ Year Old Account
    You seems to be geming just fine. Looks similar to what our DK tank has, but at the same time he has a lot more gear then you. Also, I really dont think its smart to be reforging avoidance stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post
    DS heals scale with incomming dmg taken, not your health pool (aside from the 7% minimum heal standard)... get your facts straight before jumping on the know-it-all-bandwagon :3
    That 7% (or was it even higher at cata release?) is what I meant all the time. Or you belive random DK tanks at start of cata with wotlk mindset were timing their DS after big hits ? Really you do ???
    Last edited by mmoc8c38b7d291; 2011-03-28 at 02:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was about i351 when I first tanked cho'gall. It was a little rough but the wipes certainly weren't due to my gear (worship interrupts prs?).

Looking now it seems you made a lot of the suggested changes already so just make the most of your cooldowns and well timed death strikes and you should be fine.

Using AMS during flames orders and having a CD ready for when you pick the boss back up (Might have to pop IBF if the group let the worship stacks get high) after the tank swap for the add help a lot.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Regulars are so easy. Our first attempt at chogall, we one shot it. back in January. And stacking stam is viable for heroics. Killed prenerf 10m halfus with 2 tanks when each drake was hitting for 60k and I had to tank two of them. No way you could do it without stacking stam. Now on the other hand, its a joke.
    Last edited by Cariboulu; 2011-03-28 at 07:35 PM.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kneeo View Post
    Tbh, I'm inclined to agree.
    near 30% avoidance is fine. if it was heroic it might be a little low but regular BoT.. yeah his stats are fine for regular raids.

besides that his dodge/parry ratings are fine as well. they are balanced appropriately for the gear hes wearing. his reforges are a little goofy (like the rings literally being the same stats and if they weren't reforged would be the same stats) but the ratings are appropriate for the most part.
    Last edited by Avatar Killer; 2011-03-28 at 09:41 PM.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    30% is REALLY low man... i was at like 80 or so percent avoidance by the time i reached cho gall and cho gall hits like an absolute truck
    Explain to everyone how you were able to get 80% avoidance as a DK.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    That 7% (or was it even higher at cata release?) is what I meant all the time. Or you belive random DK tanks at start of cata with wotlk mindset were timing their DS after big hits ? Really you do ???
    You're wrong and you're backpedaling.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I second this. More stamina means higher DS heals, which means more healing AND more bigger shields, which even further reduces damage.
    It's about the healers not the tank. Avoidance takes strain off of healers so they can heal other people and conserves mana. You are not the only person in the raid.

The amount of damage you reduce and heal by gaining more stamina is not as much as avoiding hits after Fury of Cho'gall.
    Last edited by G l o w y r m; 2011-03-29 at 01:38 AM.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Deleted
    i never tanked and dont have a high lvl dk. but far as i know you should be at. at lease 70% avoidness for DK tanks, all about avoiding asmuch as you can

Quote Originally Posted by Danyael View Post
    i never tanked and dont have a high lvl dk. but far as i know you should be at. at lease 70% avoidness for DK tanks, all about avoiding asmuch as you can
    DK tanks can not reach 70% avoidance, as far as i know. explain to me how you're gonna get 70% from parry/dodge alone, (ds shields do not count as avoidance, it's midigation) im sitting in full epic tank gear at the moment (not BiS mind you, and offspec gear), i'm reforged to avoidance/mastery combo, i'm sitting @ ~30% avoidance unbuffed

Quote Originally Posted by Danyael View Post
    NO TANK CAN REACH 70% AVOIDANCE.

BLOCK IS NOT AVOIDANCE, and DKs can't get it anyway.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at about 30% dodge+parry even right now, but all my reforges are into mastery.

Getting above the 30's isn't possible in pre-heroics gear to my knowledge. Haven't seen an example of what a heroic geared avoidance DK can reach.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Death Strike healed for more at Cata release. We had large heals and when you added that to our Blood Shield (which scales with the heal) we were nearly unstoppable. It had nothing to do with Stam. The only thing that stacks with Stam is Rune Tap and at the end of the day 10% is 10%. The number might be higher for a higher health pool but its still 10%. Because of this Blizzard made our Blood Shields stack and reduced the upfront healing of Death Strike so it made less sense to sit on FU like we were before (we didn't need to DS nearly as often).