10+ Year Old Account

Bane of Agonoy Vs Bane of Doom

I was wondering which spell is best for leveling and which is best for boss fights
    iv been reading posts about this but it seems too be old , i would like some fresh info plz.

What iv read is Bane of doom is Alot of dps , even though it procs every 15 seconds .
    while Bane of agonoy is every second i think and does alot of damage. <---with glyph idk

---------- Post added 2011-03-26 at 04:07 AM ----------

close thread found answer.

Leveling: Agony

The mob should die pretty quick so need for Doom.

As for bossfights, Doom.
    If there are more then two targets like V&T then use Agony to soulswap. (Assuming you are affliction)

ive seen my BoD crit for nearly 60k in certain situations i'd like to see BoA top that. any fight over 3min i'd say BoD shortfights/hc's BoA.

Deleted
    well, before 4.0.6, BoA was better, i believe. had to do with haste affecting BoA but not BoD and ISF providing a free 15% haste. if BoA got an extra tick, i think it was worth 10% extra BoA damage due to the way BoA increases damage. not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirjeize View Post
    ive seen my BoD crit for nearly 60k in certain situations i'd like to see BoA top that. any fight over 3min i'd say BoD shortfights/hc's BoA.
    On a normal fight BoD doesn't come even close to 60k.

10+ Year Old Account
    for leveling untill 80 you dont even need a bane. After that it'll bee agony as your mobs mostly wont live longer than 15s.
    for single target doom is better; if you need to soul swap constantly (eg. valiona) then its agony.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nilnar View Post
    On a normal fight BoD doesn't come even close to 60k.
    Depends on the spec, if your stacking cds correctly BoD can hit like a truck. As affliction my first BoD on a dummy hits 70k+ most times I start whacking at the dummy. But this is due to how fast you can stack up BoD as afflic Haunt, Demon Soul, Sp trinket, On use Sp trinket, Volcanic potion + a 3stack DI is a huge stack of buffs that you can easily roll on BoD for 5 ticks. However after that CD stack I generally use one BoA waiting for Procs to come off CD for another high buff BoD.

The Range of damage of BoD is actually pretty severe depending how many procs you have up. A zero proc Bane of Doom ticked on the dummys for me @17079 ranging up all the way to a 67975 Crit.

Should really also think about the spawning of guardian thingy.
    ||<>||<>|| Zvix - What Went Wrong - Talnivarr Eu||<>||<>||
    ||<>||<>|| Warlock Boss Movies -10m --> Nefarian, Al´Akir, Cho'gall and others!||<>||<>||
    ||<>||<>|| http://www.youtube.com/user/zvix01 ||<>||<>|| www.talnivarr.com ||<>||<>||

I would say Bane of Doom for boss fights and Bane of Agony for the rest... still Bane of Doom is so damn cool
    "There is always a choice beneath any statement"

Bane of Doom for all specializations. As mentioned before, Bane of Agony for Soul Swap fights.
    < Who is John Galt > - REALM: US - HYJAL
    Mythic Progression Guild

>> Website
    >> Progress
    APPLY NOW!