Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Looking for a good Fps

As the title says I'm looking for an Fps so I can really enjoy my new rig which should be here within the week. I'm looking for an fps with good online multiplayer I don't care if the campaign is good or not and I'm more wanting good graphics and great online play.

Would prefer something new and current.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2
    Call of Duty: Black Ops
    Crysis 2
    Homefront

10+ Year Old Account
    I always hear great things about CoD but I have to mention I hear things about people cheating online. Also do you know if crysis has a huge fan base because I want a game I can hop on at any time and get instant ques..Like on halo reach

Made by dubbelbasse

Cod is basically an arcade game for kids

Crysis 2 or badcompany 2 are MUCH better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    I always hear great things about CoD but I have to mention I hear things about people cheating online.
    People cheat at everygame not just cod
    My pew pew makes you qq

Crysis 2 or badcompany 2 are MUCH better
    battlefield 2 / 1942 / 2142 are infinitely better than bad company 2.

Deleted
    This is just gonna turn into a "DIS GAM IS BETTA!" thread.

Personally I'd suggest:
    Call of Duty 4 or Black Ops
    Homefront
    Battlefield (If you're into those kind of games)

Deleted
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2
    Crysis 2

Don't think getting CoD is a good idea, you support an extremely shitty publisher (I just want money, just reprint games for eternity!) and get an unbalanced game in return.
    Crysis: Didn't like it myself, has to much of the CoD feel (might aswell be playing alone a majority of the time)
    Strong no from me on COD, BC2 is an excellent game, personally I am waiting for BF3 and also playing some Battlefield Heroes

Battlefield bad company 2 if you wanna play right now.

if you can wait a bit.

BATTLEFIELD 3 is coming (soon...) and just look at the videos. it's gonna kick the shit out of every other FPS games.

goodbye CoD (BAD) franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulf View Post
    battlefield 2 / 1942 / 2142 are infinitely better than bad company 2.
    Yeah, but you will find infinitely less people to play with (no, I didn't mean that no one play them)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the comments so far from what I've googled its worth waiting for battlefield 3 like another poster said ....So if I wait for that what do i get for now? I'm hearing great things about crysis 2 consistently

Made by dubbelbasse

halo reach. seriously.

the multiplayer is comparable more to h1s than h3s but still falls short of h2 imo. still a great game and the campaign is pretty amazing. I'd play reach over blops or bf any day. alot of people dont like it becasue its not like h3 (which I dont understand) but they completely revamped everything and started the game from scratch for reach.

I've heard alot of good things about crysis 2 multiplayer awsell but havent played it.

Deleted
    Battlefield 2 is a very clean and neat game with good graphics for it's age. CoD is at the top of my list though... It's awesome!

CoD: Fagops if ur want a bunch of kiddy rambos.
    Battlefield: Bad company 2 if u want decent teamwork and epic firefights, its easily one of the best online FPS games Ive played tbh, good epic battles, big maps (not like them crappy rat maze maps in CoD), and is more team orientated
    RIFT: Valakin lvl 60 rogue / Valakis lvl 60 mage - Zaviel EU, guild "Consortium"
    D3: 60 Barb, 60 Wiz, 60 WD

Brink comes out in april iirc. I if it lives up to the hype its gonna be a hell of a game.

For now: Crysis 2 or Battlefield Bad Company 2, personally I prefer Crysis 2 but they are both great.

Future: Battlefield 3, it is going to be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin535 View Post
    For now: Crysis 2 or Battlefield Bad Company 2, personally I prefer Crysis 2 but they are both great.

Future: Battlefield 3, it is going to be amazing.
    When I saw the first gameplay trailer for Battlefield 3, I literally burst into tears.

I still play Battlefield Vietnam and Battlefield 2, but Battlefield 3 is going to ruin my life for several months.

I can highly recommend Crysis 2 for some insane nice action. Only thing is, if you liked the open-approach to objectives from Crysis 1 you might get a little dissapointed since its alot more on rails this time around. But overall its a really nice game and it performs better then the first while looking much better.

My rig is a q9650 @ 3.0 Ghz (stock speed for now), a single GTX285 and 4gig of 1066Mhz DDR2 ram on Windows 7. Its set on Very High and my framerates never comes under 45! Compare that to the first game which will make my computer cry (especially my GFX - I'm afraid its going to lift up sometimes!) at times.

Its good bang for the buck.

Deleted
    Don't get Bad Company 2 if you enjoy being able to see. THE DUST, THE BLOOM! ARGH!

Deleted
    Check out Quake Live. It might not have fancy graphics (i.e. compared to CoD - it isn't ugly either) but it is a great online experience. Extremely fast and with an extremely steep learning curve it really is a game of skill and the longest running FPS franchise of them all.

Best of all it is free!