Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Drylor MMORPG?

Has anyone else heard about this? I’ve heard some people talking about it in guild chat the other day and it sounded like an amazing game but when I went to google it later absolutely nothing came up on the list. I found a single press release, a blog, a few forums posts about it and a book by the same name. I’m just curious, has anyone heard anything about this game or do you think its just some children starting a rumor mill?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is Drylor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Only other time I've heard of it was when some lying, terrible troll made a post about it and how there was a secret area in WoW showing that Drylor would end WoW.

Note that I said lying troll because there is no secret room. Google searches also bring up nothing about Drylor apart from a few forum posts asking if it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminar View Post
    Only other time I've heard of it was when some lying, terrible troll made a post about it and how there was a secret area in WoW showing that Drylor would end WoW.

Note that I said lying troll because there is no secret room. Google searches also bring up nothing about Drylor apart from a few forum posts asking if it exists.
    There was that, and there's also some guy trying to promote his book on a few sites.

The book in question, for the record, isn't even in print yet. And from what I've heard, it sounds bad.

So I'm guessing "rumor mill." It's probably some self-publisher trying to get attention, in the proud tradition of Gloria Tesch, by making up stories about how his book is going to be made into a WoW-killer MMO.
    Last edited by Dacia Ultan; 2011-03-26 at 11:05 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I googled "Drylor MMO" All I found was this topic. Don't think it exists.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like same question is asked in every wow forum o_O Yet no one seems to know what Drylor even is :P Some upcoming indie game?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Seems like same question is asked in every wow forum o_O Yet no one seems to know what Drylor even is :P Some upcoming indie game?
    Well, rumor has it that Squeenix, Capcom, or Turbine is doing it. And to tell the truth, the fact that three different companies are being claimed really just strengthens the theory that it's a bid for attention by that author. (As far as I'm concerned, anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    Well, rumor has it that Squeenix, Capcom, or Turbine is doing it. And to tell the truth, the fact that three different companies are being claimed really just strengthens the theory that it's a bid for attention by that author. (As far as I'm concerned, anyway.)
    lol i heard lionshead too

I heard blizzard is doing it

/sarcasm off

Deleted
    Never heard about it, probably just a rumour.

New Drylor MMORPG is gonna be the WoW Killer!

/sorry, couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Penric View Post
    New Drylor MMORPG is gonna be the WoW Killer!

/sorry, couldn't resist.
    Actually, if you follow the rumors, even Blizzard knows that. After the Turbine CEO said that WoW's "grip on the market (was) about to loosen up," Blizz put an Easter-egg in the game that pretty much adds up to a white flag. I mean, it's not like they could compete with a game designed by the same guy who did Asheron's Call, is it?

Ahem. All jokes aside? I seriously doubt there's any such game project at all. I can find no reliable proof that it exists, that the Turbine CEO ever made such a statement, or that there is such an Easter-egg in WoW (and the giant of the genre putting their hands up like that, in regards to one of their most lucrative venues, wouldn't even make sense). Plus, a name that sounds like a weatherproofing product wouldn't be likely to attract many buyers.

All-in-all? I could be wrong, but I think the Drylor MMO will be an only slightly bigger hit than the Maradonia theme park.

What's a Drylor?
    Lolinternet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalim View Post
    What's a Drylor?
    Like I said, it sounds like a weatherproofing product. Or maybe a cut-rate Dryel knock-off.

Troliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    Like I said, it sounds like a weatherproofing product. Or maybe a cut-rate Dryel knock-off.
    Yeah, sounds like a type of roof insulation :S

After a google search all that pops up are various forum posts with roughly the same name as this one. Perhaps someone is trying to generate some spin on a product or something...

Or what Naposim said. Which is rather more likely.
    Last edited by Shalim; 2011-03-27 at 11:41 PM. Reason: FUN
    Lolinternet.

Quote Originally Posted by Manek View Post
    its just some children starting a rumor mill
    This is correct.

Should have seen that coming. If Massively doesn't know about it then it isn't an MMO.

I feel silleh now.
    Lolinternet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalim View Post
    After a google search all that pops up are various forum posts with roughly the same name as this one. Perhaps someone is trying to generate some spin on a product or something...

Or what Naposim said. Which is rather more likely.
    I'm actually thinking "product spin." Specifically, book spin.

Apparently, someone's putting out a book with "Drylor" in the title at some point in the near future, with the intention of kicking off a series. But based on what I've heard about it, I'm guessing "vanity press."

I'm guessing the author thinks that claiming that his thus-far-hypothetical series will be the basis of a WoW-killer MMO is somehow going to sell books. Yeah...no. This ain't real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drylor = project Titan?
    Never heard of the name Drylor tho