MMORPG and Fun Games

Most of my gaming time I've been stuck on a 7 year old computer that
    could barely handle WoW on minimum graphics with more than 5 FPS.
    Recently though I've acquired a new computer which runs with 100-200 FPS
    with everything on Ultra which got me thinking:

Now that I can handle games with good graphics, why not try?

So, fellas. Any suggestions on any computer games with good graphics I could play?
    Prefered genres are MMORPG and RPG

As far as MMORPGs with good graphics go, Rift is pretty much the only contender until TERA, SW:TOR and GW2 come out.
    For single player RPGs, you could try Mass Effect 1, 2 and soon 3. Dragon Age: Origins was also good, didn't like the sequel as much though.
    Morrowind is still a very good RPG imo and can be made to look quite decent with mods (looks shyte out of the box though, it's from 2002 after all).

If dungeon crawler hack-'n-slash style RPGs à la Diablo are your thing, a couple of Diablo clones have been released in the last 1-2 years as well (ofcourse they're not very demanding graphics-wise).
    Last edited by Lackluster; 2011-03-27 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    As far as MMORPGs with good graphics go, Rift is pretty much the only contender until TERA, SW:TOR and GW2 come out.
    For single player RPGs, you could try Mass Effect 1, 2 and soon 3. Dragon Age: Origins was also good, didn't like the sequel as much though.
    Morrowind is still a very good RPG imo and can be made to look quite decent with mods.

If dungeon crawler hack-'n-slash style RPGs à la Diablo are your thing, a couple of Diablo clones have been released in the last 1-2 years as well (ofcourse they're not very demanding graphics-wise).
    Thanks!

As far as games go, I'm pretty deep in the dark.
    I have only played 4 games in my life:
    Runescape (6 years ago with MS PAint graphics),
    World of Warcraft,
    Counterstrike Source (At a gaming café, dont own it)
    and about 20 minutes of "Age of Conan"

So, are other RPG's very different from WoW, or is there a consistant pattern in layout/interface etc.?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2 are both very good RPG's

also, definitly pick up Elder Scrolls 4:Oblivion, its one of the best RPG's out there

Bioshock, Half-Life 2, and Borderlands are all very good First Person Shooter's that are RPG's.

Oh, and lest we forget, Fallout 3, and Fallout :New Vegas. Fallout 3 is incredible RPG and New Vegas is not as good as Fallout 3, but still fun.

Others:
    Assassins Creed 2 and Assassins Creed Brotherhood
    Mass Effect 1 and 2
    Left 4 Dead 2

some of these arent as RPGey as others, but still have incredible story lines and will definitely not disappoint you

Rift is very much like WoW in my opinion.

Mass Effect and DA:O not so much. For example you lead a group of characters, are able to pause combat and issue commands, etc. They're a lot better in the RPG department ofcourse, offering you character development and a story. These are all Bioware games and play somewhat alike.
    Morrowind has a huge immersive world, still one of my favorite RPGs to date although its combat might feel a little outdated compared to the bioware games.

Mass Effect is space opera while Dragon Age and Morrowind are typical fantasy.

Seeing how you also play CS:S, you could sign up for the APB:Reloaded beta (it will be free-to-play with microtransactions when it's finished). It's not the best shooter nor the best MMORPG but it does manage to combine the two genres. Think of it as multiplayer GTA with up to 100 people in a district at a time.

*edit*
    I agree with Carmakazie's suggestions, especially if you like shooters as well.
    Fallout is great, somewhat similar to the Elder Scrolls series in gameplay only in a post-apocalyptic setting.
    Kinda would say that Morrowind is better than Oblivion though. This is what Morrowind can look like with the right mods:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r6hilB6Dlc

Also consider Red Dead Redemption, possibly with the Undead Nightmare DLC (western RPG shooter).

I've not played L4D2 but the original L4D wasn't much of an RPG in my eyes, just a cooperative team shooter with little story. Perhaps the sequel did better in this department.
    Last edited by Lackluster; 2011-03-27 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmakazie View Post
    Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2 are both very good RPG's

also, definitly pick up Elder Scrolls 4:Oblivion, its one of the best RPG's out there

Bioshock, Half-Life 2, and Borderlands are all very good First Person Shooter's that are RPG's.

Oh, and lest we forget, Fallout 3, and Fallout :New Vegas. Fallout 3 is incredible RPG and New Vegas is not as good as Fallout 3, but still fun.

Others:
    Assassins Creed 2 and Assassins Creed Brotherhood
    Mass Effect 1 and 2
    Left 4 Dead 2

some of these arent as RPGey as others, but still have incredible story lines and will definitely not disappoint you
    Mass Effect 2. (RPG)
    The Witcher. (RPG)
    Mafia 2. (Not the best RPG I'v played but decent entertainment.)

Shogun 2: Total War (RTS, but it's a very hardware demanding game so you'll get to test out your rig at least).

(Morrowind/Oblivion are obviously favourites, but that's mostly because of nostalgia and I doubt they'd be even half as good as they are in my head if I played them for the first time today.)

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't exactly an RPG but I really really really recommend Crysis 2. Amazing graphics, it's a first person shooter. Check my sig for more info. (No reason not to mindlessly advertise that. (: )

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's great graphics you're looking for then you can't get no better than Age of Conan. Even if you don't like the game, it's worth checking out just for the visuals. I'm on the endless 1-20 trial right now, and am actually considering subbing up. It has some amazing PvE content.

Lord of the Rings Online also looks great maxed out.

The Witcher is an amazing RPG with fantastic visuals and probably one of if not my favorite games of all time.

There's also Crysis 1/2 if you're into the whole FPS genre.
    "I can't take HIS money... I can't print MY OWN money... I have to work for money, why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson

Steam: Zolgar
    360: Thumbtack Jayk

The Witcher is an amazing RPG with fantastic visuals and probably one of if not my favorite games of all time.

There's also Crysis 1/2 if you're into the whole FPS genre.
    really?
    but i don't know how to do .