Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

[Music] Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

I'm actually surprised this hasn't its own thread. I admit, I don't really listen to much Kanye. I listened to a few of his songs off various albums and wasn't super impressed, even though I still recognized his impact in hip hop/r&b. I decided to give this a go, bought the album and gave it a thorough listen.

God damn.

He isn't the most talented rapper out there, he's a douche bag, and asshole, he loves himself and he's not afraid to tell people that. But dammit, he can write music. His personality may leave something to be desired, but the stuff that comes out of that head of his in this album is straight up classic. That's exactly what this album is: a classic. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's easily one of the best albums across all genres of 2010, and 2010 was a pretty damn good year for music. Runaway in particular is absolutely untouchable. If you haven't checked it out, do it. The music takes a few songs to get into, but when that finally happens, you can't stop listening.

About time Bad.

Personal favourite of mine is probably the first track or Blame Game. The switch between sombre to hilarious was so unexpected the first time, I nearly shat enough bricks to build the Empire State Building. Twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Run away as fast as yooooouuuuu cannnn!

I love that song and devil in a new dress, It gets me throught crappy alliance randoms! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Kanye is my favorite rapper too many people seem to hate him tho.

I think these songs are from his previous album, but they are really good:
    -Welcome To Heartbreak (feat. Kid Cudi)
    -Homecoming (feat. Chris Martin)
    -Love Lockdown

10+ Year Old Account
    I only know one of music : gold digger

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I'm actually surprised this hasn't its own thread. I admit, I don't really listen to much Kanye. I listened to a few of his songs off various albums and wasn't super impressed, even though I still recognized his impact in hip hop/r&b. I decided to give this a go, bought the album and gave it a thorough listen.

God damn.

He isn't the most talented rapper out there, he's a douche bag, and asshole, he loves himself and he's not afraid to tell people that. But dammit, he can write music. His personality may leave something to be desired, but the stuff that comes out of that head of his in this album is straight up classic. That's exactly what this album is: a classic. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's easily one of the best albums across all genres of 2010, and 2010 was a pretty damn good year for music. Runaway in particular is absolutely untouchable. If you haven't checked it out, do it. The music takes a few songs to get into, but when that finally happens, you can't stop listening.
    Yo i'm really happy for you and imma let you finish,but P.Diddy is one of the best black rappers of ALL TIME.OF ALL TIME!

I like his music too,but when he ruined Taylor Swift's speech it left me o.o

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Yo i'm really happy for you and imma let you finish,but P.Diddy is one of the best black rappers of ALL TIME.OF ALL TIME!

this and all his ripoff from various Music artist.

I dont see the relation this thread has to "music".
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

He's not P. Diddy anymore, he's P-Dirty-Money now. Changes his name every decade!

You should give it a go. He's an ass, but this album is freaking legit. Blows anything Swift could do away.

---------- Post added 2011-03-26 at 04:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelica View Post
    this and all his ripoff from various Music artist.
    You mean sampling? It's completely common in hip hop to take pieces from other songs and use them as beats. Why reinvent the wheel when something like King Crimson can be used?

---------- Post added 2011-03-26 at 04:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Kindly leave, if you're going to proliferate ignorance at least do it elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Saw a comment like this coming from a mile off.

Ignorant people will be ignorant.

Deleted
    If you're a fan of the album, then you should definitely check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7W0DMAx8FY

Can't stand Kanye West. He's a douche and probably the biggest in the industry right now. The most egotistical person in music by far. That being said I too recognize he has a huge influence in the genre. I still think his ability as a rapper is awful, he is not a lyricist in any sense of the word but he still writes music that is listenable(if that's a word). Not an emcee by any stretch of the imagination, but a great at producing music to many people's liking. I'll give this a listen seeing as how I haven't listened all the way through one of his albums since College Dropout.

Eh.. I don't like his album one bit actually >.>

never really liked rap

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post

God damn.

It is fun to hate him, honestly. I loved his last album. Just loved it.

Oddly enough don't hate the guy. Wouldn't even call him an egotist. And I HATE making this comparison but he reminds me of Howard Roark. I guess that's why I can't hate him.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

im about to go H.A.M

---------- Post added 2011-03-26 at 07:48 PM ----------

HAHAHAHAH LMFAO at pdiddy HAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Deleted
    Listened to the songs, given out in this thread. I hear no lyrical genius in any of it. He tries hard to be artsy and all fancy but damn hes boring

10+ Year Old Account
    although i thought what he did to taylor swift was epic, i could never get into his music even though i like alot of artists like cudi and lupe fiasco. I've listened to his stuff and its so meh
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    I suppose Putricide is now known as "Green Spray Farty Gas Man". And i guess Blood Queen Lana'thel is now called "Time of Month Vampire Woman" with attacks such as "Bitey Bitey your friend" and "Fly high and spread fade".

and if you like kanye Badpally...try Rick Ross out :} Aston Martin music, perfectionist, imma boss
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    and if you like kanye Badpally...try Rick Ross out :} Aston Martin music, perfectionist, imma boss
    I like Aston Martin music but when i heard Paris Morton music (Drakes song to a simular beat, which was used for him first) I couldnt go back to hearing only part of it in Aston Martin music. Drake is where its at, even if he tries to hard at singing lol.

But on topic! Kanye may be an douche but atleast he does not hide it. And if he is not lyrical, what do u call lyrical? There is something for everyone on that album...well not everyone but you know what i mean :P

Best album of 2010. I'm not that big a Kanye fan, but this album was nothing short of brilliant.