Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticstatic View Post
    But on topic! Kanye may be an douche but atleast he does not hide it. And if he is not lyrical, what do u call lyrical? There is something for everyone on that album...well not everyone but you know what i mean :P
    I can understand where the lyrical aspect may come as a criticism. His music isn't all about vocal delivery, though. Different style altogether, just like how metal has so many different subgenres. Somebody like Immortal Technique uses his strength -- abrasive, pounding, rough vocal delivery -- and creates fantastic music out of it. Kanye mixes and mashes from all sorts of places and puts it all together. You could say that this album is a little bit ADHD in that regard, but I love it. It's supposed to be about him and what goes on in his mind, so I suppose it's fitting.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is an amazing album. Part of the reason I enjoy Kanye so much is that he hasn't had a subpar album. He puts his all into every one, which is more than you can say for most of the albums that are half filler.

College Dropout was better I think, but that by no means implies MBDTF is anywhere near bad. College Dropout is just one of my favorite albums of all time.

emm... kanye west is a douchebag, mostly because of his major ego. also mostly all his songs are from others artist songs. the only thing he does is to mix it and rap about it. golddigger aint his song, neither is diamond are forever. and tons of other of his songs are ripoff from other unknown music artist lyric and sound. i must say i enjoyed golddigger song but then i changed taste and learned the truth about him.

In my eyes he is the king of douchbag. but i know all got different taste of music.

good to release some of the frustration

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    He isn't the most talented rapper out there, he's a douche bag, and asshole, he loves himself and he's not afraid to tell people that. But dammit, he can write music.
    That line he has in Power sums up my feelings about him exactly. "At the end of the day goddammit I'm killin' this shit/I know damn well y'all feelin' this shit." I try to not like the guy, but when he puts out albums like this, I can't help it.

Almost every song on this album is great. I'd say So Appalled and Devil In A New Dress are the only tracks I could do without. Not a huge Rick Ross fan, and So Appalled just doesn't do it for me when it comes right after Monster. Nicki Minaj totally killed her verse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this the gay fish dude from South Park?
    "I can't take HIS money... I can't print MY OWN money... I have to work for money, why don't I just lay down and die?" - Homer Simpson

Steam: Zolgar
    360: Thumbtack Jayk

You mean sampling? It's completely common in hip hop to take pieces from other songs and use them as beats. Why reinvent the wheel when something like King Crimson can be used?
    I wouldn't say coming up with original material is reinventing the wheel. Sure, alot of ideas are 'borrowed', but most people try to change them up enough to call them their own. All he did was steal a piece of music, put a little effect on it and shove it in his song. I don't even know what '21st Century Schizoid Man' and 'Power' have in common, but a part of me died inside when I heard it.

All in all though, his music is pretty decent I must admit, even though I don't like it. He is quite overrated though.
    Last edited by RockStrongo; 2011-03-27 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolgar View Post
    Is this the gay fish dude from South Park?
    Its the dude that choked a sout park writer with a fish dick! So gorgeous!
    Last edited by Astray; 2011-03-27 at 04:13 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrodinLB View Post
    Best album of 2010. I'm not that big a Kanye fan, but this album was nothing short of brilliant.
    Yes, the best album of 2010 Only to be beaten in 2011 by Owl City's "All Things Bright and Beautiful", in stores 17. may xD

Runaway in particular is absolutely untouchable. If you haven't checked it out, do it.
    It's a very mediocre song. "Here's a toast for the douchebags", "here's a toast for the assholes", etc. I guess he's toasting himself? Really not a memorable song at all.

The music takes a few songs to get into, but when that finally happens, you can't stop listening.
    Actually if you like music, you should probably take advice from the song and "runaway fast as you can".

Quote Originally Posted by gamz247 View Post
    It's a very mediocre song. "Here's a toast for the douchebags", "here's a toast for the assholes", etc. I guess he's toasting himself? Really not a memorable song at all.

Actually if you like music, you should probably take advice from the song and "runaway fast as you can".
    The ultimate irony here is that you proclaim the first song to be mediocre, and even allude to not really understanding it, and then you fulfill it in the very next comment about music. You've already related to it far surer than anyone else in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jreg View Post
    The ultimate irony here is that you proclaim the first song to be mediocre, and even allude to not really understanding it, and then you fulfill it in the very next comment about music. You've already related to it far surer than anyone else in this thread.
    I lifted a line from a song to use it in a sentence to state what people should be doing when they hear Kanye. How am I "relating" to this song by doing that, exactly?

I was never really a fan of Kanye before he released 808's and Heartbreak (with the exception of Graduation) but I'd have to agree and say most (if not all) his songs are genius. I really don't care if he's a cocky douche bag, his music is good.

I lifted a line from a song to use it in a sentence to state what people should be doing when they hear Kanye. How am I "relating" to this song by doing that, exactly?
    Maybe not quite what I was trying to say. In your second comment, you seem to believe that you have a vastly superior taste in music and yet, at the same time, you also infer you don't seem to fully understand the song Runaway even though, it's plain as day in its meaning.

Is it a gaudy, grandiose, and bizarre nearly to the point of morbidity of a pop song? Yeah. Can it be construed as a rallying cry for douchebags? Maybe. But it's a song that people can relate to mostly because there isn't a person alive that can say they've never done something that could be thought of as douchebaggery, assholery, or even just unlikeable. It's a matter of perception, and something you can't help.

Point is; in deriding a song as "not music", and then telling someone who likes it to "runaway", you've done something the song tries to explain. Can it mean relationships? Sure. But as song, it's the perfect perverse song, and he doesn't ask you to change, just be aware.

Methinks you missed the point of the song.

Maybe not quite what I was trying to say. In your second comment, you seem to believe that you have a vastly superior taste in music and yet, at the same time, you also infer you don't seem to fully understand the song Runaway even though, it's plain as day in its meaning.
    This is most likely because I find trying to understand this song to be not worth my time.

Is it a gaudy, grandiose, and bizarre nearly to the point of morbidity of a pop song? Yeah. Can it be construed as a rallying cry for douchebags? Maybe. But it's a song that people can relate to mostly because there isn't a person alive that can say they've never done something that could be thought of as douchebaggery, assholery, or even just unlikeable. It's a matter of perception, and something you can't help.
    I don't know where you're pulling all these adjectives from, but they're certainly not the ones I would choose to describe this song. Could it be a rallying cry for douchebags? Who cares enough to even ask?

Point is; in deriding a song as "not music", and then telling someone who likes it to "runaway", you've done something the song tries to explain. Can it mean relationships? Sure. But as song, it's the perfect perverse song, and he doesn't ask you to change, just be aware.
    You're trying way too hard to extract a meaning from this song. You should probably watch this:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full...-mcboogerballs

---------- Post added 2011-03-27 at 05:22 PM ----------

Methinks you missed the point of the song.
    Oh well. I guess I'll have this big void in my life because I am unable to comprehend the delicate genius that is Kanye West and his brilliantly poignant song "Runaway". Woe is me.

[QUOTE=Badpaladin;10875581]Blows anything Swift could do away.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2011-03-26 at 04:29 PM ----------

Entertain an audience with only a piano/guitar?

Oh well. I guess I'll have this big void in my life because I am unable to comprehend the delicate genius that is Kanye West and his brilliantly poignant song "Runaway". Woe is me.
    Why do I sense contempt? It's not like you have to like his music, but misunderstanding a song entirely and calling it terrible because of that isn't exactly a valid reason to dislike it. Take a lesson from Rockstrongo's book -- he simply didn't like it. Nothing wrong with that.

This is most likely because I find trying to understand this song to be not worth my time.
    Except the song is incredibly easy to understand. At this point, you're being bullheaded... or stupid.

I don't know where you're pulling all these adjectives from, but they're certainly not the ones I would choose to describe this song. Could it be a rallying cry for douchebags? Who cares enough to even ask?
    To turn your words on you: anyone who cares about music. I guess that makes me a dbag too, or a passive aggressive observationalist from your perspective.

You're trying way too hard to extract a meaning from this song. You should probably watch this:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full...-mcboogerballs[COLOR="red"]
    Link doesn't work. Canadian here.

Considering you've taken the time to comment, repeatedly, I'd say you're caring far more than you'd like.

You should give it a go. He's an ass, but this album is freaking legit. Blows anything Swift could do away.
    I haven't listened to Kanye but, I have to say Taylor's latest album is amazing.

It's endearing and enduring but also lyrically substantive.

You can't even compare them musically - Its like saying what would work better for an astronaut, a boat or a train?

Different strokes for different folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    I haven't listened to Kanye but, I have to say Taylor's latest album is amazing.

It's endearing and enduring but also lyrically substantive.

You can't even compare them musically - Its like saying what would work better for an astronaut, a boat or a train?

Different strokes for different folks.
    I guess that's subjective. Although her latest album is a big step up in maturity(done with high school themes, finally), I still can't seem to get a hold of it. I think it's just because she's so young, when she sings about love and stuff it's just not very believable. When Kanye sings about the stuff he does, it's completely believable, especially his self-reflection on past actions.