Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StonyComet View Post
    Dc universe was great fun for about 3 weeks! then i got boring really fast.... but still worth the money in my opinion
    Agree. It's a little more unique than Rift, AoC, WAR have been. :3

Rift and GW2.

I know GW2 isn't even out yet, but good lord does it look good.

APB reloaded, i'm waiting for the open beta!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonica was fun until I got to the water temple and got my uber staff of doom for my priest...only to discover that it has solid melee stats, and to reforge it would cost me real money - and would risk breaking the weapon.

And I can't get a new one, either.

Then I nerdraged and quit.

Cute game though, easily the most fun asian MMO I've played.

Anyone else wish that DDO online had been set in forgotten Realms? If it had been I'd be freaking playing it to this day. Eberron blows. ><;

have to say rift- i use to log on wow and play maybe 6-7 hours a days and since rift came out i can go 2-3 days without touching wow lol so to each its own but rift giving me what wow wasnt right now.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was pleasantly surprised by World of Tanks. I eventually lost interest in it, but it felt like a well polished game with good graphics and strategic battles. I just easily get bored of anything solely PvP.

I have tried....

Star Wars: Galaxies (Started here)
    D&D Online
    WoW
    City of Heroes
    Aion
    They all have their niches. However as the great Totalbiscuit has said, only Blizzard will kill WoW. And with the way they are constantly nerfing content to Wrath levels, and rehashing old material, it seem's to be slowly happening. On that note I'm looking forward to Old Republic.

I'm not saying that Old Republic will kill Wow. But here is something to consider...with each major game release people DO leave WoW to try it and you start seeing "end of WoW" posts. That suggests to me that there are a LOT of people just waiting for the right game to come along, and WoW is just a place holder until then.

Ultima Online was the best for me, i was a GM Miner and made a killing then that game went to shit.

I've played UO, WoW, EQ, LOTRO, D&Do, etc etc

The best F2P game imo is either Atlantica or LOTRO, D&D online just sucks, It is fun for about 3 hours but that is it.

Atlantica is fun because you can choose a huge party kind of like Ogre Battle or Tactics Ogre, and choose what members to have in your party, upgrade their class etc. If you have no money, it is a great game.

Tibia

2D Strategy game

Oh god the memories...

Aion. Just an amazing game but with a korean grind to it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by splifone View Post
    APB reloaded, i'm waiting for the open beta!
    Will you rage if I say I'm in the closed beta? :P

Does Minecraft count as an MMO? If not, it should, seeing there's Multiplayer...

i played ffxi from launch in 2003 til 2010, it was and still is my favorite mmo. but since i've left they've made alot of bullshit changes and the community is shit compared to its prime...

also liked eq2 for awhile, but that got lame quick.

right now i'm digging rift but not holding my breath that it'll be super amazing.

i've tried a ton of other mmo's and i'm mostly just pissed i wasted money on them... aion, lotro, warhammer, aoc. all garbage.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved City of Villians, loved it loved it loved it! But when I got a new computer the disks were broken so I ended up canceling it and stuck with WoW.

On another note, I look forward to SWTOR online, and I hope it does good enough to give Blizzard incentive to do better. I think being on top for too long makes on complacent.

Deleted
    Guild Wars is a good MMO. More about your skill than gear in PvP and PvE. WoW has always felt that better gear always prevails. If you get two people, equally skilled in WoW but one is in crap gear and the other is in the best - the one with the best will win. In Guild Wars, that situation never happens and that is one of the features I always loved about it.

Hopefully this will keep the same spirit for GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    Planetside, Planetside, Planetside, Planetside, Planetside, Planetside, Planetside, Planetside, Planetside, Planetside.

With all it's bugs, terrible programming, insanely demanding on you pc and ram, takes 10 minutes to quit the game.
    Yet I've never in my life had experienced a game that brought back amazing memories as this game has, you enjoyed it at the time, but somehow you end up enjoying looking back at it just as much, kind of gives you that veteran feeling (- the terrible mental condition that may happen thanks to it not being RL).

for those who don't know, it's an MMOFPS, 3 way faction full on PvP.

SOE are working on the second one as we speak, they have released 5 pictures of it till this day but have gone quite since the 25th Jan, for some weird reason, shame I have no faith in SOE customer care, but it doesn't matter as much with an MMOFPS compared to an MMORPG.
    the second planetsides codename is Planetside next until further notice.
    God I love Planetside. I hate the graphics, and the combat is sporadic and hard to come by, but I still come back to it after a few month's break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post

Anyone else wish that DDO online had been set in forgotten Realms? If it had been I'd be freaking playing it to this day. Eberron blows. ><;
    Eberron = why I quit, even though I never uninstalled it. IT'S FRIKKING D&D!!

Great MMO I've not seen so far in this thread has to beeeeee.....*cough*.... Anarchy Online. Let me just say that I played this at a time when I had no money for WoW, so I went through every damn f2p I could find. My bars were set pretty low.

On that note, anyone know if AO still lives? o.O
    Last edited by Calzaeth; 2011-03-29 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Asked last question twice in beta version of post. Forgot to hotfix.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Does Minecraft count as an MMO? If not, it should, seeing there's Multiplayer...

Damn you beat me too it! I count Minecraft as an MMO. I play on The Voxel Box. Great people there.

What the heck is multi MASSIVE online about Minecraft?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    There are no WoW killers. All MMOs so far were proven to be shit compared to WoW, including that Spiderman/Superman or whatever thing.

Rift is on the table now and I can say that I already see people who reached 50, tried some heroic 5mans (I bealive they call it T2 5mans or so), tried some raids and came back to WoW saying that Rift was a waste of 6-7 weeks that its basicly worse WoW. And it has no arenas. Other people will take longer time but I think they will come up with the same solution.