Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mind Control is the way.. Or?

The other day I was doing my daily HC - Vortex Pinnacle. As we were about to engage a group of mobs, one of the priest ( we had both a healer and a DPS priest ) told us to wait. Both of the priests then used Mind Control on a mob each, thus forcing them to jump over the edge and die. We all laughed a lot and went on, doin' this at every group we encountered. Suddenly I thought; is that exploiting the game? Or?

10+ Year Old Account
    Think it falls into "clever use of game mechanics".

Deleted
    Would of been awesome if every MC'ed mob that jumped off had a BoE world epic on them of the new bracer / meta patten.

If you still got the rewards then probably yes. Since you don't, I doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Useless comment. You wouldn't have known that because the mobs have to be alive to suicide them.

And yes, I also suicided whenever I could. Depending on the location, some would even come back, but it was fun nonetheless. Basically it's a tradeoff between their rep/loot/experience and dungeon's speed.

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Would of been awesome if every MC'ed mob that jumped off had a BoE world epic on them of the new bracer / meta patten.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    I tend to use this MC trick too it eases the packs a great deal, especially for groups that lack other cc or underperform in some way..

Deleted
    Exploiting? Not at all. You are supposed to be able to mindcontrol Humanoids. If Blizzard would not want you to do this, they would not have put Humanoids close to ledges

Then again, this is also another reason why you see packs have a wide diversity of forms.
    It's not like TBC days, where endless hallways were all packed with groups of humanoids only

i pretty much use MC in every dungeon as much as possible, there's nothing we can do that comes close to the damage mobs can do, with the berserkers in stonecore with my crappy 333 ilvl priest i whack out a steady 30-40k, on BRC with those casters that walk around in twos, the ones that make the floor erupt, 80k plus. if you learn what mobs to control, it's incredible overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm... that's odd, when I MC mobs off the edge they just pop right back up.

Deleted
    i've seen a priest do that in vortex pinnacle too
    the mob just landed like 20 yards "mid-air" over the edge, and evaded ranged attacks. suddenly teleported back to its spawn spot and attacked us again.

But using it as a cc is a good idea though.

Deleted
    I've never seen any Mind Controlled MOBS die from being thrown off the edge. Mobs don't take fall damage, and the times I've tried to do something like that personally, the mind control has cancelled after some falling due to range, and the mob simply returns to where it was before.

I can see how it'd be possible in Vortex Pinnacle though, due to the 'fall safe' mechanic, but it's definitely not intended to be able to kill mobs, if it is indeed true.

its funny to watch. its not exploting so keep at it!

like people have said, they can come back sometimes

Deleted
    Well. The mobs died :P
    I've seen those who survived aswell, but only on a few rare occasions.

This used to be fun to do back in Blackrock Spire. Though not for the reason you think; usually it resulted in the mod just landing safely far below the group. Eventually they'd come back to your group, along with every single mob along the way.

Deleted
    u mc the adept and heal for 200k each heal. ftw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lovepriests View Post
    u mc the adept and heal for 200k each heal. ftw.
    I've seen a few priest healers do that. I've also seen priest that MC mobs off the edge. Once or twice they just re-appeared back where they were, but most of the time they just drop off and disappear. Either way, it's good idea to get especially nasty mobs out of the group to make things a little easier on everyone

Deleted
    Wanted do do it some time ago on my priest but other party members told me they would reset after "suiciding" them.

Deleted
    no man, did i today, you can mc the adepts and everyheal will heal for 200k. pewpew ez

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Wanted do do it some time ago on my priest but other party members told me they would reset after "suiciding" them.
    They won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the trick to kill this mobs with mc is that you dont cancel it till the mob hits the air lvl (you keep him mced in air). Once he is dead it will cancel MC with no problem. If you cancel it in air he will just teleport back. Also lightning mobs cant be rly mcec because they breake instant.

I wish you could use same trick in GB but mobs there are immune.

Also those mobs dont rly die when you trow them down---they have wings--get it?
    Don't sweat the details!!!