Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You can argue for different rules, or even less rules. I'm a fiscal conservative, social liberal, and believe in small government. But the reality of overthrowing the government and living without freedoms is how things are currently in Somalia. It wouldn't be like the US currently is but with less cops and taxes. That's not even within the realm of possibility.
    This what i belive in. I say at most we need 2 rules at least for citizens. No huring someone till their hospitalized at least on purpose and 2 no theft unless for survival.

There average citizen protected and freedom ensured.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    This what i belive in. I say at most we need 2 rules at least for citizens. No huring someone till their hospitalized at least on purpose and 2 no theft unless for survival.

Ah to be so naive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You aren't very old are you.
    24 and have had enough experience to know better than most what pain and suffering can bring. It's one reason i'm like this i don;t want others long term t suffer. Oh and by long term i mean generation wise or temproally speaking hundreds if not thousands or million of years.

One of the schools i went to i've heard compared to Quantanamo bay so yes i know what suffering can do and what an uncivil place is but i also know what the corrupt being in power does first hand.

---------- Post added 2011-03-28 at 08:42 PM ----------

Ah to be so naive.
    I have an odd faith in humanity while simultaneously wishing the entire species would just die off and leave the planet be. And yes i realize this probably includes myself.

I would rule your utopia with an iron fist through fraud and general omnipresence. No privacy laws? No assault laws? I will come into your home at night and wreck up the place. And as long as I don't take anything, it's legal! and then I'd beat you just short of hospitalization if you resisted, and it'd be legal! Hell, I could bribe the cops to look the other way, and it'd be legal, and I could do whatever I wanted with impunity.

Tl;dr: Your naivette entertains me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ner zhul View Post
    i am sorry you are unable to read my posts due to abbreviations and a lack of capitalization. however, fighting laws with laws is silly. i just hate how people substitute laws for being decent people, instead of understand and trying to work with other people. and that they abuse government power to further their own goals.
    We live in a Society governed by Laws. the term you should become aware of is "Rule of Law". yes at time it would be nice if laws where not needed, but then someone will come-along seeing the loop hole and take advantage of the situation. I know people who have Pharmaceutical research degrees just so they can invent new drugs not yet covered by Law. this is Human nature people take advantage whenever possible. Laws are created to curb the people taking advantage. So no, you are wrong in your logic, we need more laws, and better written laws all the time. Right now I am part of a group trying to fight a law passed in to the Californian State Constitution by Mormons from Utah, I don't like the Law, it really sucks since it takes away rights from people like me. but the way to fight it is to make new laws to fix the problem.

on the Grammar Spelling note, I have dyslexia, a real bad case of it. I work hard to spell and read properly, and when I see someone who purposely writes badly I point it out. Since this thread Has become About Law, it would be better for your point to Actually think out your thoughts and write them clearly so others can understand your point.

Personally to the people who through your hands in the Air and say the Government is bad while doing nothing about it, I feel sorry for you since the process of changing laws is actually fairly easy, you just need others who feel the same as you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Your bad grammar and spelling aside, I think you are saying that I want more pointless laws. No, I am saying if the Family in the video was so upset about this they should try and have the laws changed in there favor. that is Neither pointless or incorrect behavior, it is how America works. If we are to continue as a free nation we must fight for our rights though the process our constitution grants us. Making an Ass of ourselves on Video is not a way to change the laws however. If you want to play street hoops, I suggest you have your laws changed to allow it. Personally I am fighting to make sure every American has the same set of rights, to me this is Important, I struggle daily for Same Sex Marriage and LGBT's right to defend this Nation.

Trying to change laws is one thing the citizens of America are allowed to do, and the rich are not the only ones who can make laws happen.
    Problem is as i see it is that this doesn't work the way it used to or at least should. UNLESS you have either enough people to threaten politicians odds of getting elected or are one of the 400 families that have over half the nations wealth.

---------- Post added 2011-03-28 at 08:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Personally to the people who through your hands in the Air and say the Government is bad while doing nothing about it, I feel sorry for you since the process of changing laws is actually fairly easy, you just need others who feel the same as you do.
    Not just others but ALOT of others. If it's just some small group you're outta luck by and large.

10+ Year Old Account

I have an odd faith in humanity while simultaneously wishing the entire species would just die off and leave the planet be. And yes i realize this probably includes myself.
    Your not alone with this one, sometimes i feel we all just need to die after the shit weve caused as a species. Anyone who wants to justify their existence is welcome to try and fail.

On the other hand I still have hope all of this idiotic crap society has put out in the last 20 years will be replaced with a more productive and organized society that will eventually lead us into a proper space age and unification of earth under one governement. As radical as it may be, one can still dream of a better future and hope to be a part of its foundation.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account

So you'd be okay with me beating my wife every night, as long as I don't break any bones? And if I "accidentally" do, well, that was an accident. I was angry, so it's okay.

Seriously, I was being a bit ridiculous when I said "move to Somalia", but it sounds like that's exactly the kind of place you want to be. Either that or you don't understand the implications of what you're saying. The core truth is that people are not universally kind and generous and supportive. We're vindictive, violent little sociopaths, and hating anything that's "other" is ingrained into the monkey part of our brains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh not just knock out the internet a revolution would pretty easily have streets covered in blood dead bodies kids crying a world worse than amad max film for a few years if not decades after until a new system is set up and if it fails welcome to police state(although that ones already happening). Bacially death destruction and no fun during the process but in my mind the hope for a freer world is worth it. Also keep up on some of the more obscure things we're bordering on thought policing these days.

So yes i realize i am essentially promoting a hell on earth for a time and our only hope to win would be that the army doesn;t just bomb cities or pull in every weapon they have. Though ironically fi well orchestrated enough this point in time may be one of the few to succeed. If enouygh cities could riot at once and taking into account police officers tending to avoid alot of their more brutal methods but even then it is still possible just VERY VERY improbable.
    cause what we have here in the US is sooooooo terrrible, right? why dont you get off ur self-righteous high horse, "viva la revolution", and realize ur right to sit at home and QQ on ur comp with out censorship, over small insignificant city council ruling is part of ur basic freedoms. seriously, stop being an over romanticized, idealistic twit, and realize that yah we have it pretty good here, comparably. disagree? go anywhere outside the western world and see how far that attitude gets you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
    I would rule your utopia with an iron fist through fraud and general omnipresence. No privacy laws? No assault laws? I will come into your home at night and wreck up the place. And as long as I don't take anything, it's legal! and then I'd beat you just short of hospitalization if you resisted, and it'd be legal! Hell, I could bribe the cops to look the other way, and it'd be legal, and I could do whatever I wanted with impunity.

Tl;dr: Your naivette entertains me.
    Umm the assault law is in area 1 i covered it. The idea of beating someone at all depending on the individual could lead to hospitalization. The idea here is to create a world of nigh limitless freedom. Thus i covered thw two most basic thing physical abuse and theft. The idea that i did not cover assault shows you don;t understand it. And yes there are flaws however as it stands we have too many convoluted laws why not go back to basics i say. Oh and good luck beating me up when threatening my freedom i'd probably go on auto pilot and then i'm dangerous otherwise i'm a weak ass pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Your not alone with this one, sometimes i feel we all just need to die after the shit weve caused as a species. Anyone who wants to justify their existence is welcome to try and fail.

On the other hand I still have hope all of this idiotic crap society has put out in the last 20 years will be replaced with a more productive and organized society that will eventually lead us into a proper space age and unification of earth under one governement. As radical as it may be, one can still dream of a better future and hope to be a part of its foundation.
    In the mean time those of us who don't find democracy too much effort will actually work at making things better.

---------- Post added 2011-03-28 at 08:49 PM ----------

Oh and good luck beating me up when threatening my freedom i'd probably go on auto pilot and then i'm dangerous otherwise i'm a weak ass pussy.
    ahahahhaahaha

Mod Warning: Everyone has an opinion, but don't be disrespectful.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-03-28 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beg2d4 View Post
    cause what we have here in the US is sooooooo terrrible, right? why dont you get off ur self-righteous high horse, "viva la revolution", and realize ur right to sit at home and QQ on ur comp with out censorship, over small insignificant city council ruling is part of ur basic freedoms. seriously, stop being an over romanticized, idealistic twit, and realize that yah we have it pretty good here, comparably. disagree? go anywhere outside the western world and see how far that attitude gets you.

I actually see areas like the middle east having MORE civil liberties than us by the end of this century. The interesting thing is you think it;s JUST about this article when it;s more about how i see things developing in general. In my case i;s nip em in the bud type revolt not a oooh we have it so bad NOW type. I don't view time the way most people do to me thinking about things even 1000 years in the future and how they could be is worrying. Let alone that by the year 2100 at most i see us having lost so much freedom by just handing it over that we're the new middle east.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Not just others but ALOT of others. If it's just some small group you're outta luck by and large.
    In California You have to write up a bill pay a court fee, have people go out and collect Signatures, once a Curtain number is reached the Petitions are turned in and the state puts you bill up for vote. If enough people vote for it, your bill becomes Law, that is simple. Since you live in Alaska you could do this even easier than in California since for me I would need 10,000 Signatures for a statewide Ballot initiative where as Alaska would probably require a lot less. Although with Alaska you would need your local 'Church' to sign off on it since the Majority of Alaska is controlled by five or six Churches.

((yes I lived in Alaska for a short time as a child, ABT-ACS, its were I learned to dislike Southern Baptists))

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and good luck beating me up when threatening my freedom
    Why would I beat you up? Your ruleset doesn't include murder. I'd just shoot you because you're in my way.

You're not hospitalized, so it's okay.

And before you start making exceptions and additions, realize that the entire code of law we have today exists for precisely that same reason. The existing law didn't cover what the people thought was justice, so they added a new bit or an exception. Repeat for 1000 years, and you have modern law codes.

This guy is a hoot.

Umm the assault law is in area 1 i covered it. The idea of beating someone at all depending on the individual could lead to hospitalization. The idea here is to create a world of nigh limitless freedom. Thus i covered thw two most basic thing physical abuse and theft. The idea that i did not cover assault shows you don;t understand it. And yes there are flaws however as it stands we have too many convoluted laws why not go back to basics i say. Oh and good luck beating me up when threatening my freedom i'd probably go on auto pilot and then i'm dangerous otherwise i'm a weak ass pussy.
    Where do you draw the line with regards to hospitalization? I could rip your fingernails out and you wouldn't need to go to the hospital, but you'd suffer immensely. Bruises only? You can beat someone until they wish they were dead without breaking any bones or damaging any organs permanently. Hell, I could waterboard you with no permanent physical consequences.

And let's not fall back on the internet hulk routine, it's played out. The fact of the matter is, if not me, I garuntee you that there's someone out there who can and will punk you out if given the legal protection to do so. You are not the most dangerous man on earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the mean time those of us who don't find democracy too much effort will actually work at making things better.

---------- Post added 2011-03-28 at 08:49 PM ----------

ahahahhaahaha
    You're an idiot i don;t find it too much EFFORT i find it to be FALLING APART and LOSING it's power. Big difference. I the past 6 years i've missed at most 6 voting chances. I voted in the past two presidential elections i voted in my gubernatorial election and my mayoral election multiple times. So again it's not that it's too much work or that i don't do things it's that it seems to be falling apart. Has been for the past 20-30 years at least.

Oh and just look up hyberbolic states and shock then merge the two and you'll get a jist of what i can do when actually threatened.

the pole was in the right of way, as has been said. That one person must have had some serious clout to get them all removed like that.
    Last edited by MrAlaska; 2011-03-28 at 09:01 PM.

You're an idiot i don;t find it too much EFFORT i find it to be FALLING APART and LOSING it's power. Big difference. I the past 6 years i've missed at most 6 voting chances. I voted in the past two presidential elections i voted in my gubernatorial election and my mayoral election multiple times. So again it's not that it's too much work or that i don't do things it's that it seems to be falling apart. Has been for the past 20-30 years at least.

Oh and just look up hyberbolic states and shock then merge the two and you'll get a jist of what i can do when actually threatened.
    See here's the problem, you think being part of a democracy starts and ends with showing up at the polls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh you mean your disgruntled trollfest you call a protest in which you bitch so long that the government either finds a way to 'deal' with you or caves into the fear of a serious threat emerging from your protest, yes that is a REAL effective democracy right there.

And where the hell did i ever say democray was 'too hard'? say whatever you want but dreaming is what got this country started. if the founding fathers didnt dream of making an independent state with a freedom of religion youd be reading King James' bible while paying taxes to Britain, so dont come laughin at me when it is the dreamers, not the doubtful realists who cant see the larger picture, that actually make a difference in this world.

The laws in place are for our protection of our liberties, if we find they are not protecting our liberties, I will damn right make sure it is changed, even if I have to deal with a broken system to do it.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol