Thread: UI Suggestions

UI Suggestions

Hello everyone.
    I am (once again) thinking about updating my UI but I am not exactly sure what I could do to make it 'that bit better'.
    So I am basically looking for some constructive criticism on what I can do to improve my UI and maybe an addon or two that will help.
    Im also looking for a nice combat text addon that would fit my UI, open to suggestions.

<click to enlarge>
    NON Combat UI

Combat UI

So any suggestions on these would be greatly appreciated.

Just incase, direct links to images:
    Non Combat: http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/8696/acleanui.jpg
    Combat: http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3637/auicombat.jpg

Btw I have Omen it's just not appearing on target dummies.
    Last edited by Alan3002; 2011-03-29 at 10:24 AM.
    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -

Deleted
    Well, you pretty much got all the necessary stuff that a good functioning UI needs, the only thing I would to is to make it look a bit nicer really.

OT, but I freakin love your UI.. If mine looked like that, I wouldn't wanna change it. Seems like you have what you need, so, not sure what you wanna change ? What addons are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    OT, but I freakin love your UI.. If mine looked like that, I wouldn't wanna change it. Seems like you have what you need, so, not sure what you wanna change ? What addons are you using?
    As for addons there is a massive list of them but here are the main ones:

Pitbullt Unit Frames - Unit Frames
    KG Panels - Panels around my spells/Recount
    Grid - Raid Frames
    Omen - Threat Meter
    Recount - Statistics Meter (dps,healing,etc)
    Bartender 4 - Spell Frames
    Quartz - Cast Bar
    Mage Nuggets - Mage Addons for timers with LB, Hotstreak, Impact, etc.
    Satriana Buff Frames - Buff Frames
    Chinchilla Minimap - Nice customisable minimap
    Combustion Helper - For help on best situation to use combustion
    Tidyplates - Enemy plates
    Fortress + brokerClock, broker CPU

EDIT: Mainly looking for a nice combat text addon that isnt too cluttered btw.
    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -

Deleted
    What about Miks Scrolling Battle Text. I've been using it for about a month on both Rogue and Healadin. It's fairly customisable and you can adjust it to group DoT damage as well/block small inconsiquential damage.

I'll get a screenshot of it when I get home to show you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan3002 View Post
    Mainly looking for a nice combat text addon that isnt too cluttered btw.
    Try xCT, it's super lightweight, configurable via a well written and fully commented .lua file, and just plain amazing

xCT on WoWInterface

Quote Originally Posted by Meorawr View Post
    Whereabouts is your focus unitframe positioned? And you don't really need your own character name and away/busy status showing on your health bars. Plus, just to nitpick, Recount, Grid, Pitbull and TidyPlates are all using different bar textures.

I couldn't recommend a combat log addon as I quite simply only ever look at the log if something amazingly horrific happens.
    Focus frame is in between my own frame and my enemy frame, its small and compact.
    Ohh thanks I must sort out those textures.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinator View Post
    Try xCT, it's super lightweight, configurable via a well written and fully commented .lua file, and just plain amazing

xCT on WoWInterface
    Thanks ill check it out.

Deleted
    I would make the Unitframes more minimalistic. Remove the Portrait, increase the width of the Unitframe, and make the font of the UF a little smaller.
    - And personally i dont see the idea in having the raidframes shown, when you aren't in a group/raid.

https://github.com/Elv22/Tukui
    the be all - end all of UIs
    it is 99% plug and play, then just preference tweaking - no building of any sort required.

go to the site and hit the download button and select the .zip to dl. win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Entaaro View Post
    the be all - end all of UIs
    it is 99% plug and play, then just preference tweaking - no building of any sort required.

go to the site and hit the download button and select the .zip to dl. win.
    And if you're familiar with LUA coding, its even better.

Deleted
    First you got some rly nice UI there ,the only thing that i would add is Buttonfacade there,it would make the buttons of your bartender4 look cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloiee View Post
    I would make the Unitframes more minimalistic. Remove the Portrait, increase the width of the Unitframe, and make the font of the UF a little smaller.
    - And personally i dont see the idea in having the raidframes shown, when you aren't in a group/raid.
    I can make Grid hide when im on my own but unfortunately I don't know how to make my KG Panel appear when grid appears, it requires scripting.

Deleted
    Nope. Just use the "Parent Frame" setting.