10+ Year Old Account

What's the limit for haste rating for a 2h Frost/UH DK?

So my DK is at around 80% haste (a bit over 2k haste rating + UH Presence) and I was wondering if there is a soft cap when haste rating starts falling behind other stats (Mastery, mainly).
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

80%? I think you wanted to say 50% and just hit the wrong number?

You'd be GCD capped at 200% haste if you aim at OB Spam without talents in stuff like Rime. iirc if you factor in FS + Rime you'd end up at ~100% haste needed. Keep in mind this only means haste from haste rating and UP but does not get affected by Icy Talons or Imp Icy Talons. (there are some short term buffs that also affect rune recharge, but they are very few)

Since I'm not into siming Frost DpS Stuff, there may be some more 'fixed' GCDs I didn't think of which would lower the haste threshold by 10%-20%.

Basically, if you wear T15 or even T16 stuff you might possibly be 'permanently' in a situation like that.
    But it's not gonna happen a lot earlier. (unless you find some loophole to get to 10,000+ haste rating)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    Nope, I'm looking at my character stats now: 2021 haste rating, 76.52% haste. That's with UH presence.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2011-03-29 at 04:10 AM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    I think frost dks are just bugged. My frost dk is only 47% haste according to my character sheet yet I have very little haste gear

They're not bugged they have shit tons of inate haste from specialization, talents, UH Presence, etc.

Also why would you have very little haste on a Frost DK It's your primo substat for both 2H and DW.

10+ Year Old Account
    My char sits at 79.83% haste while idle as frost + UH pres.
    Yesterday I hit 133% haste during Nef. Gave me 1.63 wep speed for Reclaimed Ashkandi and runes were on a 5 sec regen speed. Was pretty fun, but nowhere near the 'limit'.

But yeah, you're gonna find it hard to get rune capped compared to unholy where I've hit rune cap multiple times.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember end wotlk whiles having >40% haste from gear, 15% from UP and an additional amount of haste from trinket procs, unholy frenzy, buffs and heroism, I never had issues with 'to much haste'. And given how blizzard never wants to make that mistake again, of having people capped on 5 different stats, I really doubt you'll have to worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Nope, I'm looking at my character stats now: 2021 haste rating, 76.52% haste. That's with UH presence.
    2021 haste rating = ~15.8% haste
    IT = 20% haste
    IIT = 5% haste
    UP = 10% haste

Leaves me at ~60% haste where's the last ~16% from did I miss something?

IT = 20% haste
    IIT = 5% haste
    UP = 10% haste

You forgot the 10% haste raidbuff of Icy talons.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    I think frost dks are just bugged. My frost dk is only 47% haste according to my character sheet yet I have very little haste gear
    don't say it's bugged if everything works fine. Your haste stacks multiplicative, and you have a lot of haste effects. with 0 haste on your gear, you already have 52% haste. (UP, IT, ITT, 10% raidbuff)
    Last edited by Pope; 2011-03-29 at 09:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

IT = 20% haste
    IIT = 5% haste
    UP = 10% haste

1.158 * 1.2 * 1.05 * 1.1 * 1.1 = 1.765 -> ~76.5% Haste

Hmmm... Interesting, I stand corrected. But like said in some other threads before, a lot of my frost knowledge is actually from 'way back' and I was still under the impression the raid aura didn't stack and the 5% were the 'goodie' one gets from speccing into *scratcheshead* Someday, I'll get a frost spec for more than just HB/Chillblains...

And thinking works a lot better when you aren't dizzy from your periodontitis treatment anymore... (though, I'd much prefer the dizzy feeling instead of the pain my mouth is in right now)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    They're not bugged they have shit tons of inate haste from specialization, talents, UH Presence, etc.

Also why would you have very little haste on a Frost DK It's your primo substat for both 2H and DW.

err not its not...its the last one, behind crit and mastery... (for DW)

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    err not its not...its the last one, behind crit and mastery... (for DW)
    Depends if you believe Kahories or Simcraft. Considering we aint topping the metres in any spec/stat combination, might not be a bad idea to at least try Haste and Crit before discounting them because of a certain topic that hasn't really been accurate since the release of Cata (not to undermine Considers work, every DK whos read his work owes him at least a little, myself included).

Im pretty sure its a tool tip error you don't actually have 80% haste. I was always under the impression that haste was multiplicative not additive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiboyslol View Post
    Im pretty sure its a tool tip error you don't actually have 80% haste. I was always under the impression that haste was multiplicative not additive.
    It's not a tooltip error, see post #10 where he shows the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiboyslol View Post
    The percentage of haste in your character sheet shows you exact haste.
    Yes it is multiplicative, that's why it should show around 52% naked in frost spec with Unholy presence. (20%, 10%, 10%, 5%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.