Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    Thank you for all the replies, to answer some questions:

I play a hunter. So not that many "defensive" cooldowns.

Performance is not an issue, ultra on pretty much everything, running at 60 Fps all the time.

Clean UI, combat log always up.

Written on an iPhone.
    Without knowing exactly what stuff you are dying to it's hard to say, but remember to use Deterrence to save yourself, and also use Disengage aggressively, not just when you want to get away from a mob. I use it all the time to move in and out of good/bad places, just be good about
    turning your character and it works wonders.

As for avoiding fires and whatnot, since hunter rotations are pretty easy and with practice it becomes routine, just try to think ahead of time about what's going to happen and what you're going to need to react to and how you're going to do it, don't just wait for something to happen before thinking about it. And when there are abilities that may target you, just always assume they will target you and be ready to move/act if they do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis View Post
    While I'm not above using Barkskin+Tranquility to help out, or toss a rejuv+lifebloom on myself on the go when my dots are already in place and I've got no Starsurge proc up, there is a line where you can't just say "oh well he's a hybrid and he has healing spells, he can fix himself up." Spellpower gained from wearing similar gear only goes so far without the talents and masteries to back it up that actual healers have. If I rejuv myself, my lifebloom isn't stronger because I've already got a HoT on me.

Also, I seriously doubt your shadow priest is anywhere near the 5000+ haste that even as a goblin would be necessary to make 4 GCD's take 4 seconds, especially considering the moment you leave Shadowform you lose 5% of your haste. Quite frankly, you'd be better off with just the bubble, which doesn't require leaving Shadowform, and healing yourself off of VE. Your 15% damage reduction from all damage types for being in Shadowform is far more valuable than doing someone else's job for them.
    This. Especially for moonkins and spriests. We use barkskin/dispersion for mitigation when required, and we use tranq/divine hymm for when shits going down in the raid (or at a predetermined time). We assume the healers have the healing under control. Also if you take a boss like v&t heroic, the faster the kill, the less attrition to the raid. DPS is not a 'bonus' its a requirement. More dps makes your healing job easier too.

---------- Post added 2011-03-30 at 12:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by oatmealpoet View Post
    Leh sigh. You're taking this like I'm saying screw you to all hybrids and heal yourself the entire fight. It's when heavy damage is occurring to help out your healers (ex: acquiring target on Omnotron). Since when is it such a bad thing to help your healers out? And for 5 seconds of non-dps (you're right, it's not quite 4 seconds) I do about 70k worth of healing (shield included) and greatly reduce my chance of dying and the raid wiping. If these 5 seconds of me mind flaying are so crucial that we'll miss a timer and wipe at 1%, I wouldn't be doing this...but I've yet to run into a situation where this is happening.[COLOR="red"]
    - You lose dmg reduction bonus
    - You lose passive healing to grp
    - You make life too easy on the healers, so when a rogue or something gets it they slack and he dies.
    - If you want to be smart about it just disperse lol. You're an spriest.
    - Again, more dps = shorter fight = easier kill.

Healers heal, DPS are there to DPS in general. (early on in lk hc progress i was rolling rejuvs on people inside shadowmourne in between starfall and typhoons, so it can be useful, just extremely rare)

---------- Post added 2011-03-30 at 12:44 PM ----------

To the OP, firstly hunters have very little 'damage mitigation' - so if you're on a boss like rohash and the 10m isn't used to hunters, it may just be a lack of healing. Same for electrocutes and shadow novas etc. Hunters can be vulnerable. The other thing that tends to kill them though is THEY REFUSE TO WALK, and a valid excuse for being in fire seems to be 'disengage was on cd' - Just move if you need to move, don't leave it late and risk dying. Also I'd say DPS is important in a 10m, so try to always be thinking about how to maximise dmg whilst staying alive.