Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skylla05 View Post
    Exactly. I think what threw most people off was the very heavily involvement of female characters. While I imagine there are tons of female gamers that play FF, there are many more male gamers and the whole aura of the game was just deemed "bad".

The game itself wasn't that bad at all from a Final Fantasy game/playstyle point of view. It was only bad if you have some aversion to playing a very feminine oriented game and using "dresses" as a means of power. It still wasn't nearly as bad as the Draw system of FF8 :P
    I always play Female characters in games, but I've never been FORCED to play THREE at once. It was a change from the norm, but it worked well imo because the three were so different in perspective and opinion. Plus, it's not like the game had zero men in it.

It was fun.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    i absolutely loved FFX-2. completed it close to 6 times and almost reached a 'perfect' save file before i stopped playing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    btw, Machina Maw is OP.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skylla05 View Post
    Exactly. I think what threw most people off was the very heavily involvement of female characters. While I imagine there are tons of female gamers that play FF, there are many more male gamers and the whole aura of the game was just deemed "bad".

The game itself wasn't that bad at all from a Final Fantasy game/playstyle point of view. It was only bad if you have some aversion to playing a very feminine oriented game and using "dresses" as a means of power. It still wasn't nearly as bad as the Draw system of FF8 :P
    they were called "Dress Spheres" not dresses lmao. IT was heavily into female characters n storyline. I think my favorite part was Leene and Shuyin, and how yuna was mixed up with it all. :P and the song in the middle of the game XD

Warlords of Draenor:
    Blizzard: LETS INTRODUCE TIME TRAVEL
    Everyone else: Oh great now Blizzard is a fan of Doctor Who.
    The Doctor: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff! YAYYY Bowties are cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time!
    All of the latest Final Fantasy games are terrible.. If you don't agree with me you are on denial.

If everything haves to come to an end, I think this is it for this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguies View Post
    Its the worst Final Fantasy game, or was until 12. Its also a sequel to the best final fantasy game.

inb4 ff7 fanboys.
    You obviously didn't play Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.
    Also, XII, worst game? I want you to read the review by Jeremy Dunham at IGN and dare disagree.

It's very girly(as is the intention with the main characters). Their approach was sorta...limiting to the market of the mass FF followers. The intro almost was too much for me to even start the game, but I gave it a chance. The job system is an amazing concept they created, and made the game fun. If you dig past the girlish trend throughout the game, it's rather fun. If they had the same Job system in FFX, it would've easily contended with FFVII as the best Final Fantasy ever.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a pretty good game in my opinion. The story was a little light and fluffy, but that's what it was going for, so it's acceptable. I'd say it's better then 12 though (I hated that one..). Combat style was great in X-2, I really wish they would come out with a new FF game with that battle system, just with an epic story the likes that would blow 7 out of the water.. (I know I know, it's probably impossible, but I'll dream about it! >.<) If your an FF fan I would recommend that you grab it. Just don't let anyone give you a funny face and talk you out of it. Be secure in your masculinity and play what you want. :P
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

I love the fact they did a sequel to X, but the main story line was pretty good in some places loved some parts of it but that final boss was just as lame as yu yevon,took some doing to get the full ending combat system was pretty awesome the whole chaging a role in middle of a battle was cool but I still prefered the sphere grid from X dont know why people think it's that bad it's really not . my favourite is VIII and X i'm not a VII fanboy, it sucked tbh
    Last edited by tantheus; 2011-03-29 at 04:40 PM.

terrible terrible terrible
    Don't waste your money
    Made me leave the ff series after like 7 years loving them
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Pretty neat battle system, was unique at the time.(might still be) Some secrets to the game make it fun, ok the girly attitude is annoying but still its a FF game

It's final fantasy, only shoujo. I got to 3rd part of the game before Yuna made me turn the game off, for good. I am impressed that I even made it through the intro. Talk about a 180 from the intro on X.

i personally liked it for what it was. a continuation of some of my favorite characters.

and as for FF12 basher.i like ff12 combat system the most out of any ff game i have ever played. but yes i will agree the story was rather pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    I really want to get all of the Final Fantasy games and play them through one by one. I asked the dude in Gamestop if they sold any PS1 games and he told me I'm gonna have to go with Ebay on that one. I assumed as much, I'm expecting to pay at least 20$ a piece for each of them even though they are a little old, they are definitely worth it though.

Quote Originally Posted by sixx View Post
    All of the latest Final Fantasy games are terrible.. If you don't agree with me you are on denial.

If everything haves to come to an end, I think this is it for this franchise.
    I agree everything after the X/x-2 was baddd, I usually re-play ff games every year or 2, hated 12 never ever gonna replay it

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely loved Final Fantasy X and was ashamed to see Final Fantasy X-2 actually considering itself to be sequal to this wonderful story. I had great memories of this game, especially singing the hymn of the faith a few times by myself alone as it calmed me down a lot through tough times.

The game was pure fan service. Don't get me wrong, I loved seeing Yuna's new tight ass but it the story was completely daffled with. The game didn't even need a sequal, the story ended perfectly with Tidus dying and everyone being happy and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by CoraTehEJ View Post
    I really want to get all of the Final Fantasy games and play them through one by one. I asked the dude in Gamestop if they sold any PS1 games and he told me I'm gonna have to go with Ebay on that one. I assumed as much, I'm expecting to pay at least 20$ a piece for each of them even though they are a little old, they are definitely worth it though.
    If you never did, play the Playstation 1 era(VII,VIII, and IX), But you can't skip IV, V and VI either. VI mainly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CoraTehEJ View Post
    All the PS1 FF games are on the PSN, so screw E-bay.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    The game is awful.

There are certain things that are awesome in combat - and I'm sure certain players have more patience towards certain stuff than others - but believe that after a while the damn Sailor Moon transformation, the boring, incredibly repetitive fights, the enormous amount of nearly useless moves in the game and the silly melancholic girlish theme just... it's boring.

It's really a huge downgrade from Final Fantasy X.

Few things to note:
    - Blitzball is now Blitzball Manager
    - Most abilities in the game aren't worth using (either due to cast/recharge time, or because they're plain useless)
    - Most classes in the game aren't worth using (due to having most abilities fall under the situation above)
    - Huge grind evolving abilities and characters
    - The game has loads of stuff you can "miss forever" and essentially would need to start the game over to get it. This, together with the huge grind, makes the game a perfectionist bullshit.

---

If you like Square-Enix, try Star Ocean - Till The End of Time.
    That, and Star Ocean 2 - Second Story (for PS1) are awesome games.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2011-03-29 at 04:54 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    alot of ppl hate it when Square change shit and make something new, i completed ffx-2 and enjoyed it to some extent it has nothing on ff7 through 10 though it does seem more like the deviant chick flick of the final fantasy series atlhough i completed this i couldnt even bare playing ff13 after an hour or so i just sighed and quitely mourned the loss of a great game series..... ff13-2 wtf is that : /

Sig by Cocoacross ~