10+ Year Old Account

[Music] Post-Hardcore/Screamo

Recently Warped Tour (a huge music festival for all music fans alike) has announced their huge lineup, with bands such as Asking Alexandria, A Day To Remember, The Devil Wears Prada, Attack Attack!, and about 80 others. Being as excited as I was for this concert, I immediately bought my ticket. So I wanted to know what your favorite bands of this genre is, and why you like the bands you do. If you don't like this type of music or have stopped listening I would love to know why. Personally I love:

Asking Alexandria- They seem to me to have the perfect mix or screams, and singing. The overall sound makes listening a pleasure, and every song on their Stand Up And Scream album feels like it's epic.

Attack Attack!- This was a band that got me into the genre. Even though people complain about the techno, the singing, and the recent break-ups, hey its what got me started in my love for this music.

So I would love to hear your thoughts and or opinions. Hope people share my love for music and WoW as equally as I do!

*P.S.: People I understand that you might like this type of music, or you think that everyone that listens to it is emo. Please just troll somewhere else. I just want to have an actual conversation without dealing with the hate. And we get it 50 year old metal head. We "ruined" the genre. Yea that opened up more trolls... *

Deleted
    I'm not a huge fan of Post-Hardcore/Screamo. But I've heard a few bands like you've mentioned above and some other. And I like it. It's not my favorite of all but it's good.

TBH, a lot of those bands you've linked are more metalcore or melodic metalcore than post-hardcore.

These are post-hardcore:

Some hardcore punk influences as well.

10+ Year Old Account

Sorry

Well yea, im not really good with all of the sub-genre's but I like the stuff you posted. But I'm still more into I guess what you call metalcore

The two subgenres are constantly mixed up and it's not like I was offended or anything.

Basically, metalcore is a fusion of metal and hardcore punk. As a whole, it's a pretty scorned genre.

Post-hardcore is neck deep in history dating back to the early 80s. Typically, the sound can vary a ton since it can also include elements of post-punk and noise rock. Try comparing Wipers' Youth of America to, let's say, At the Drive-In's Relationship of Command. Pretty different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh thanks man for clearing that up!

I dont really feel like reading through the long list, but I love A Day To Remember and a lot of the other bands that will be there.

I'm also very excited for the Warped Tour to come around again; going to the Indiana show here!

As far as what turns me onto the genre(s), foremost it would have to be the unique dynamic that the genre(s) bring by incorperating singing (ranging from the falsetto sound of A Skylit Drive to the baratone of The Devil Wears Prada) combined with the screaming/growling. I love the constant fluctuation in tones and the music appeals to me much more so than other genres than will either only scream or sing throughout the entire song...there are of course exceptions (I also listen to alot of Trance/JRock/Melodic Death Metal/KRock/New-Age [Modern Orchestra]) but to each's own.

Personal favorites in this, and other similar genres would have to be: Aiden, Modern Day Escape, Jamie's Elsewhere, The Devil Wears Prada, A Skylit Drive, Black Veil Brides, Bring Me The Horizon, Silverstein, A Static Lullaby, Eyes Set to Kill...this list could go on indefinatly honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    your list makes me sad op. heres some old school, "real screamo" for you.

no gimmicks, no trendy haircuts, no formulaic bullshit. just raw jams.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J65xedzvRT0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edpot...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLyZN...eature=related

maybe its not your thing. hope you give it a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea that has a really interesting look at it coliseum. It gives me a different perspective on the genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea that has a really interesting look at it coliseum. It gives me a different perspective on the genre.
    hell yeah man. know yr roots is all im sayin.

Current favorites:
    Poison the Well
    Alesana
    The Devil Wears Prada
    Bring Me the Horizon
    From Autumn to Ashes (RIP)
    Norma Jean
    Drop Dead, Gorgeous