Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Getting a new computer soon

Am going to buy a computer from Ibuypower soon. and I was wondering are the specs good?

Note: I just copied and paste it. Am trying to save money if I can or if you see something better please let me know.

also here is the link if you see something else.

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Gamer...E890/c/2702815

If you dont want to click on it I understand,

Just go to Ibuypower website and find the computer

Thanks alot

Gamer Paladin E890
    1 x Case ( NZXT Phantom Full Tower Gaming Case - White )
    0 x Case Lighting ( None )
    1 x iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction ( Advanced - iBUYPOWER Harmony SRS Sound Reduction System )
    1 x iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion ( [6-Port] NZXT Internal USB Expansion System )
    1 x Processor ( Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/8MB L3 Cache) )
    1 x iBUYPOWER PowerDrive ( PowerDrive Level 1 - Up to 10% Overclocking )
    1 x Processor Cooling ( Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (Intel) - Enermax Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow) )
    1 x Memory ( 16 GB [4 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand )
    1 x Video Card ( AMD Radeon HD 6970 - 2GB - CrossFire Mode (Dual Cards) )
    1 x Video Card Brand ( Major Brand Powered by ATI or NVIDIA )
    1 x Motherboard ( [SLI] ASUS P8P67 Deluxe -- 2 Gb LAN, 3x PCI-E 2.0 x16, On-Board Bluetooth )
    1 x Power Supply ( 1200 Watt -- CoolerMaster RSC00-80GAD3-US )
    1 x Primary Hard Drive ( 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Dual 1TB Drives (2TB Capacity) - RAID 0 High Performance )
    0 x Data Hard Drive ( None )
    1 x Optical Drive ( [10X Blu-Ray] LG BLU-RAY Reader, DVD±R/±RW Burner Combo Drive - Black )
    0 x 2nd Optical Drive ( None )
    0 x Flash Media Reader / Writer ( None )
    1 x Meter Display ( NZXT Sentry 2 Touch Screen Fan Controller & Temperature Display )
    0 x USB Expansion ( None )
    1 x Sound Card ( Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio )
    1 x Network Card ( Intel Pro 10/100/1000 Network Card )
    1 x Operating System ( Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit )
    1 x Keyboard ( iBUYPOWER USB Keyboard - Black )
    1 x Mouse ( iBUYPOWER Internet Mouse )
    0 x Monitor ( None )
    0 x 2nd Monitor ( None )
    1 x Speaker System ( iBUYPOWER 2.1 Channel Stereo Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System )
    0 x Headset ( None )
    0 x Video Camera ( None )
    1 x Advanced Build Options ( iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System - Protect your investment during transportation! )
    1 x Advanced Build Options ( Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis )
    1 x Advanced Build Options ( Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Basic Pro Wiring )
    1 x Advanced Build Options ( Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Advanced - Power Package (Individually Sleeved 24-pin ATX, 8-pin CPU, and SATA Drive Power Cabling) )
    1 x Advanced Build Options ( Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Advanced - Video Package (Individually Sleeved 8-pin and 6-pin PCI-E VGA Power Cabling) )
    1 x Advanced Build Options ( Tuniq TX-2 High Performance Thermal Compound - The best interface between your CPU and the heatsinks )
    1 x Warranty ( Standard Warranty Service - Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty + Lifetime Technical Support )
    1 x Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) - Deferred Delivery (Ship Out in 15 Business Days) - 5% OFF on systems over $999 (Coupon Code: defer) )

Quote Originally Posted by pallypower View Post
    1 x Sound Card ( Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio )
    1 x Network Card ( Intel Pro 10/100/1000 Network Card )
    1 x Keyboard ( iBUYPOWER USB Keyboard - Black )
    1 x Mouse ( iBUYPOWER Internet Mouse )
    1 x Speaker System ( iBUYPOWER 2.1 Channel Stereo Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System )
    1 x Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) - Deferred Delivery (Ship Out in 15 Business Days) - 5% OFF on systems over $999 (Coupon Code: defer) )
    Things I disagree with.

Oh, and you only need 450w PSU. 1000w is waaaaaay overkill.

First, the usual, what are you wanting the computer for? ie, if gaming, what type of games. Can you build it yourself or get a friend to help?

Because if you only play WoW, you only need one GPU, since CFX won't really help much. And if you mostly only game, an i7 2600K is a waste compared to the i5 2500K.

I'm sure others will chime in as well.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    First 2000 bucks ? You sure you need that computer ? What are you using it for ? Just gaming ?

Second, if it's for gaming i5 2500k is fine. I'm not sure how much they charge you to overclock but you can do it easily and save money

Third, 16 gb ? What are you moving sattelites around the earth ?

Fourth I'm assumng you are crossfiring the HD 6970s just for kicks ? Just to blow money ?

Lastly, the link just takes us to the default config

15+ Year Old Account
    The question you want to ask yourself is "what do I want to do with this computer". If the answer is play WoW, you are wasting a crap ton of money.

You don't need 16gb of ram for anything at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Things I disagree with.

Oh, and you only need 450w PSU. 1000w is waaaaaay overkill.
    Unless he plans in running in SLI.......which he is, so he'll most likely OC the whole system and will want a 750W easily, so 1k isn't that ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Unless he plans in running in SLI.......which he is, so he'll most likely OC the whole system and will want a 750W easily, so 1k isn't that ridiculous.
    A) You can't run SLi with Radeon-cards, and he ordered only one.
    B) Even two GTX580 would suffice with a 850w and still have plenty headroom for overclocking. Stop contributing to the overexxageration of power-supplies.

Deleted
    A) You can't run SLi with Radeon-cards, and he ordered only one.
    B) Even two GTX580 would suffice with a 850w and still have plenty headroom for overclocking. Stop contributing to the overexxageration of power-supplies.
    I followed his link, which had 2 GTX 580s in SLI.

---------- Post added 2011-03-30 at 02:03 AM ----------

And actually even in the OP he says he wanted the 6970s in crossfire. So yeah, he'd want more than 500W for some strange reason.

I followed his link, which had 2 GTX 580s in SLI.

---------- Post added 2011-03-30 at 02:03 AM ----------

And actually even in the OP he says he wanted the 6970s in crossfire. So yeah, he'd want more than 500W for some strange reason.
    If you read the provided info, he mentioned the 6970s; He linked the configurator, not his personal save-version.

Yea, but he doesn't want it, he wanted to save money. He just thinks he wants it. :> With 6970 CFX, I'd go 750w-850w, yea.

Quote Originally Posted by cyan421 View Post
    You don't need 16gb of ram for anything at all.
    The other thing to note is that filling all memory slots on the board can sometimes hinder overclocking. I know some boards won't even run some RAM at rated speed if all slots are filled, and they downclock them. I had a board that supported DDR2-1066, but with all 4 slots it could only do DDR2-800.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2

Deleted
    If you read the provided info, he mentioned the 6970s; He linked the configurator, not his personal save-version.

Yea, but he doesn't want it, he wanted to save money. He just thinks he wants it. :> With 6970 CFX, I'd go 750w-850w, yea.
    750W would cover him easily, but if you're going to dump cash you might as well do it in style I suppose:P

750W would cover him easily, but if you're going to dump cash you might as well do it in style I suppose:P
    Weell.
    Am trying to save money if I can or if you see something better please let me know.
    This tells me he DOESN'T want multi-GPU setups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    The other thing to note is that filling all memory slots on the board can sometimes hinder overclocking. I know some boards won't even run some RAM at rated speed if all slots are filled, and they downclock them. I had a board that supported DDR2-1066, but with all 4 slots it could only do DDR2-800.
    Well most boards only support 16GB RAM, talking extreme high end ones. I know some ASUS boards can boot with 24GB but you've to apply a tonne of fixes to get it to recognize all 24BG as it defaults to 16GB

---------- Post added 2011-03-30 at 02:20 AM ----------

Weell.This tells me he DOESN'T want multi-GPU setups.
    Seems he really doesn't know what he wants or what things do>_<

All am going to do is just gaming so i will just get the I5 2000k thanks.

As for games anything really, Wow first and I do want to play Guild wars 2. Basicly anything MMO or First person I guess.

It told me I need 950w for it I just got 1200w just in case I want to upgrade it later but I will get the 1000w

Also is 8gb good enough? I just to want it to be good that all

And Please I understand It may be a waste but Thats why I am asking you guys. If I already knew what I want? why am I asking you guys.????

Thanks for the comments so far.

---------- Post added 2011-03-30 at 01:35 AM ----------

also this

Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) - Deferred Delivery (Ship Out in 15 Business Days) - 5% OFF on systems over $999 (Coupon Code: defer) )

Is going to save me money how come you disagree on it??????

Get a single card instead. And 500w is enough.
    &nbsp;

Well here is my question, I was thinking about this for awhile the only reason I want to get two cards because I thought I will get better performance?

Am only going to have one monitor but I want it for games that may be able to do crossfire so i can get extra power?

Or Maybe someone can tell me what it does?? maybe I dont understand that much

How much it does, if anything, depends on the game. Best bet is to google for benchmarks relating to Crossfire with those cards and the games you're looking at.

Well here is my question, I was thinking about this for awhile the only reason I want to get two cards because I thought I will get better performance?
    Not in Wow.

Am only going to have one monitor but I want it for games that may be able to do crossfire so i can get extra power?
    What resolution? And the extra power.. What game do you play? I doubt you really NEED that extra fps.
    &nbsp;

go with the i5 2500k as others have said.

i would get a 100gig or so SSD(for the OS+WoW) and have the 1TB as a data drive.

I don't see liquid cooling being needed as the i5-2500k's OC well even on stock cooling. I would go with either
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-065-_-Product
    or
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...USA-_-35185142

GET RUSH PROCESSING or you likely will not get your computer for a month.
    my friend bought his last rig from IBP and has not had any problems with it, but his took almost a month to get to his door.

and to the previous poster, I agree. I ran SLI for a bit, but the heat management and compatibility is not worth the headache imo. Single cards setups are viable unless you're really big into benchmarks. However if someone was to donate to my quad sli GTX 590 fund i would not complain.
    Last edited by karrad; 2011-03-30 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karrad View Post
    i would get a 100gig or so SSD(for the OS+WoW) and have the 1TB as a data drive.
    That won't really help him save money though. If you are budget-limited, an SSD is a bad idea.
    &nbsp;