A quick gem question..

I've looked around a little bit (what very little I can do from an iPhone in a 3 hour world history class :/ )

Anyways, what I can't seem to get a straight answer on is about gemming for socket bonuses or intellect?

I've read some places that secondary stats are strong and just about every socket bonus is worth the haste/int in yellow and hit/int in blue and some that say go straight intellect hands down. Though it seems to me that the bonus is only worth it if it's intellect, otherwise, with the weight of intellect, pure intellect is boss.

I'm asking because I would like detailed arguments for and against both sides of this. Thanks all!

Okay, thank you. And sorry, but like I said, I figured it would be easier to just ask a simple question while using my phone in class. And I didn't see that or missed it I guess. Thanks, though.

Deleted
    i was told on here to get 40 int in every socket and to ignore the bonus's unless it was a 20 int bonus, thats the way i have gone

Deleted
    Rule of thumb goes about:
    If its socket bonus is 20 Intellect or more , gem on colour
    If its socket bonus is 30 anything else (or more), gem on colour
    Otherwize gem 40 intellect

10 intellect / 20 anything else are very close, probably to close to call offhand

Deleted
    30 mastery is useless, btw, use int gem in that case.