Red face Leveling a Dwarf Priest (Prof. Question)

Hey,

I just started leveling a priest, he's a dwarf and on it's way to level 20, i think it's time for me to learn me some professions.
    I was thinking of; Alchemy & Herbalism- For the mount?

And for a secondairy; i was thinking of; Archeology

What do you think? Any good? Tell me what three professions you would do if you where leveling a priest and why.

I'm thinking of making gold later on, but on the other hand i would want professions that actually help me maximize my Healing/DPS'ing within raids.

Thanks in advanced!

Deleted
    You don't need to choose between secondary professions you can do fishing, cooking and archaeology together.

As for primaries, Alchemy and Herbalism is a good mix.
    However all of the 'crafting' professions (Jewelcrafting, alchemy, inscription, blacksmithing, leatherworking and engineering) at max level all give you the same 'stats'. Each has their own little perks but you'd be best reading the professions section of this forum.
    The Gathering professions (Skinning, Mining and Herbalism) are nice to level with since you collect the materials as you quest through zones. At max level however they give less stats than the crafting professions.

The two other professions, Enchanting and Tailoring allow you to gather the materials AND craft items each. They have the same stats as the other crafting professions. For this reason I would recommend tailoring and enchanting for a new character without another character to fund two crafting professions or without the aim at purely making gold (In which case take 2 gathering professions)

Alchemy + Herbalism is a great combo.

If I recall correctly, two crafting professions would give you the most in terms of raw stats, but not by an extreme amount. The ability you get from Herbalism (Lifeblood) isn't terrible; it's actually quite usable as a priest. You'll also find it far easier to make money as you level, by being able to pick your own herbs.

Alchemy is also a great moneymaker and money saver. That extra hour duration on your flasks definitely adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    The two other professions, Enchanting and Tailoring allow you to gather the materials AND craft items each. They have the same stats as the other crafting professions. For this reason I would recommend tailoring and enchanting for a new character without another character to fund two crafting professions or without the aim at purely making gold (In which case take 2 gathering professions)
    THIS. If you're a cloth-wearing class, you can't go wrong with tailoring, and enchanting is always a good money maker. Tailors can make more stuff that is actually USEFUL to wear than any of the other crafting professions, plus the self enchants are well thought-out. Oh, and lest we forget... tailors also make BAGS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that only with Alchemy you can learn the mount recipe, but to craft the recipe you still need around 28k..
    As finishing touch, God created the Dutch!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    You don't need to choose between secondary professions you can do fishing, cooking and archaeology together.

As for primaries, Alchemy and Herbalism is a good mix.
    However all of the 'crafting' professions (Jewelcrafting, alchemy, inscription, blacksmithing, leatherworking and engineering) at max level all give you the same 'stats'. Each has their own little perks but you'd be best reading the professions section of this forum.
    The Gathering professions (Skinning, Mining and Herbalism) are nice to level with since you collect the materials as you quest through zones. At max level however they give less stats than the crafting professions.

i also love the trinkets alchemy gave might help choosing that prof

Thanks all for the constructive feedback, i think i'll go with the Alchemy and Herbalism, and Archeolog, i've always wanted to try this one so i think i'll give it a shot

Thanks,

Barkleys | Defias Brotherhood EU

personally my priest is jc/alchemy. i buy ore to prospect and use my hunter to gather herbs (ore tends to be cheaper to buy in bulk and tend to get through tonnes of volatile life, that's why i farm it myself). transmute everything i can and cut/sell. the jc trinket is a nice starter till you find something better (the vp trinket is just a more powerful version) and the alchemy trinket gives me 14k mana pots. current;y run with alch trinket and tsunami card). with all the buffs from jc gems and mixology i'm hardly ever going oom, and the mony from gems (meta's mostly) and flasks i'm well on the way to having more money than i can spend
    somebody call for d doctor?