Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enhance during Argaloth Fel Firestorm

What do you guys/gals do as enhance during the Fel Firestorm? I normally cast UE, FS and then SWG and lava burst / heal if I am low. What would be the best DPS options for this sort of phase?

Not a Shaman but you can strafe around the boss' hitbox during the beginning on the phase and DPS as long as you're paying attention to the fire. Most raid leaders should expect DPS especially melee to lose a lot of damage during the phase, but unless the group is riding the berserk timer closely it shouldn't pose much of a group DPS loss.

I don't back away from the boss. In our raid group, we have 3 melee (including me) who stand behind the boss and dps. When Fel Firestorm hits, we normally just avoid standing near each other. Sometimes we do end up using survival CDs to take one or two ticks.

A good idea is to go under the boss as I've found not many people I've seen (pugs or guild groups) actually do that

Sup Yo.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    LvB as an enhancement?
    aint that a dps loose (since it does'nt stack with maelstrom)

I pop defencive cd, nuke boss, and mowe away from fire

Quote Originally Posted by Nazomi View Post
    LvB as an enhancement?
    aint that a dps loose (since it does'nt stack with maelstrom)

I pop defencive cd, nuke boss, and mowe away from fire

Assuming you're not in range of the boss, shock/unleash are on Cd and you can use SWG I can't see how it's a dps loss as doing some damage is better than doing no damage.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

It's pretty much the same rule for all melee, sidestep fire if it drops on you, keep dps up, watch loot pinata drop. Caster's I can see getting caught in fire for a tick if they're hell bent on finishing off a cast, but for melee there really isn't any excuse.

uuum, usually i am able to avoid the fire until the last second of the cast, where i eat one tick or something (at best). not much casting there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    Last BH I had to stop dps during firestorm to not pull aggro with heroism coming after it. I still came close though...stupid threat.
    Usually I try to strafe around him doing whatever I normally do, this of course depends on the amount of patches of fire and if there are too many I'll just run around them, living > *

Quote Originally Posted by Gramgaido View Post
    Not a Shaman but you can strafe around the boss' hitbox during the beginning on the phase and DPS as long as you're paying attention to the fire. Most raid leaders should expect DPS especially melee to lose a lot of damage during the phase, but unless the group is riding the berserk timer closely it shouldn't pose much of a group DPS loss.
    what the fuck, melee losing dps while moving?

More or less, while moving melee dps still experience dps loss.
    @OP: Are you sure you're not talking about Ele? Your rotation doesnt sound like Enhance at all lol

And here I have been running around at range avoiding the flames and trying to do what DPS I could. lol.

Will try staying close tonight.

Maybe a different question but what's the best "rotation" to do while out of range with spirit walkers grace?

You can usually strafe around the boss quite easily, both the far side of the boss and under him are unused by most people to avoid the fire so you have alot of room to play with there should only risk 1 or 2 ticks at the very end as you move back towards your spot.

As others have said, strafe every time a fire lands on you, until there is a fire on both sides, the next one that hits move to the center. You really shouldn't lose much dps, if any during fel firestorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    And here I have been running around at range avoiding the flames and trying to do what DPS I could. lol.

Will try staying close tonight.

Maybe a different question but what's the best "rotation" to do while out of range with spirit walkers grace?
    I would say pretty much what you said before, just not for that boss as you can stay at melee range

For Atramedes flying phase I try and UE, Lavaburst, and then lightning bolt with Flameshock/Earthshock in between. If you get targeted for flames or sound then pop Spiritwalkers mid cast and start running Healing yourself as you mentioned and popping Stoneclaw totem for shield and Shamanistic Rage is also very useful in these kind of phases as healers are often running around like headless chickens as well Staying alive to DPS more is better than catching an extra lavaburst and dying.

It's not like we're doing that much DPS during the air phase anyway, but you should probably UE Flame Shock instead of Lava Burst. I believe FS does more damage on a per cast basis.

Firestorm is like the optimal time to pop your personal cooldowns (potion, trinkets and stuffs) since it's the only time you are guaranteed 0 parries

What Tides said, i usually go all out during Firestorm phase. I start at left/right side(still behind him so i don´t get parrys), when fires land at me i move behind him, and then over to the other side. Depending on how many melee there are, i also run inside him, but so that i still stay behind him. I never go out of ranged, and i always go all out.
    If you have problems with threat use Wind Shear on cd from start.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthe View Post
    I start at left/right side(still behind him so i don´t get parrys)
    You seem to misunderstand my point.
    Firestorm = Channeled = 0 Parries.

Move around during the start of the fire then if it gets out of control close by you, pop SR and profit

How I play my shaman during Fel Firestorm:
    Searing Totem if not present
    Lava Lash
    Flame Shock with Unleash Flame buff
    Maelstrom Weapon x5 Lightning Bolt
    Unleash Elements
    Stormstrike
    Earth Shock
    Feral Spirit
    Searing Totem if <5 ticks left

Don't stand in fire.. how is it different from any other fight with stuff not to stand in? There's no reason to freak out and hardcast LvB... that's counterproductive both in being a DPS loss and the fact that it will probably take you longer to move out of fire if you're just spamming.