Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Call them out on it when it happens.

"We just hit the gong and you guys are back at 50 sound, whatever you were doing was wrong. Figure out what it was and fix it."

I'm just flabbergasted at how many people refuse to take personal responsibility for dying. Every single pull that I die on I'm looking to find out why I died and if there was anything that could be done to prevent it. I'm not the raid leader, I just do that because I don't like dying. I don't like being the person that makes the raid fail. Do people like failing?

I mean after a couple pulls of dying to 100 sound you would think that they would have at least some thought to the effect of, I just got insta-killed maybe I should figure out how to make that not happen.

There was a 10 man group in my guild that wiped on Purtricide normal mode 43 times before the OT finally owned up to the fact that his UI was hosing him on using the Abom. I wasn't in the group at the time, but when I asked the members of the group why they didn't change sooner it was because the OT wasn't taking responsibility for the problem. All it would have taken was, "I think my UI is messed up or something" and someone else would have tried and it would have been done. Are people really that afraid of admitting that they failed?

Failing isn't inherently bad, even on fights you've killed a thousand times. Things happen, but you only make it worse when you don't own up to it and fix the problem.

Try telling your RL/GM that your raid is only as strong as the weakest people and that the same people dying to the same stuff /doing stupid stuff doesnt kill a boss.

The first time on Atramedes it does take some time getting used to but after 3 wipes they should learn.

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

Survivablility is the cause of nearly every wipe now in Cataclysm. Dps should not be they're main concern ever. Once they get that thru their heads all bosses become easier.

Also remind them that getting hit by rings during the stun will still give them sound very quickly, and they need to be careful even while the boss is not mobile.

Atramedes is just bugged, still. I've literally been one-shotted from nothing on that fight. I don't lag EVER, and I've been one-shot out of nowhere. I've seen our entire raid take a 50k aoe hit in the air phase. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokty View Post
    Atramedes is just bugged, still. I've literally been one-shotted from nothing on that fight. I don't lag EVER, and I've been one-shot out of nowhere. I've seen our entire raid take a 50k aoe hit in the air phase. Etc.
    Wasn't this supposed to have been fixed? I feel a little unsafe now that my guild is trying Atramedes on heroic tonight lol.

You call that person out. Constructive criticism never hurts, so long as you express it properly. If they keep messing up replace them.

Is it even heroic?? I find that fight to be the easiest heroic out there, just a retard check. I find being vocal is the best way to succeed. I always call out for people to move or get ready for incoming damage. That way we know if there is an issue to handle with away. I mean you use a voice chat for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Wasn't this supposed to have been fixed? I feel a little unsafe now that my guild is trying Atramedes on heroic tonight lol.
    I wouldn't worry too much. The dps requirements are fairly low, and as long as you avoid everything, you'll get the kill. I personally feel that there are bugs involving getting damage and sound out of nowhere, but I guess I could just be having some random lag on this particular fight, but I think it's unlikely.

if i were to guess, i would say its the melee team, and they are standing too close to the boss (dragons have a HUGE hit box) and are not zoomed out enough (max camera macro/mods are available do a search). for some reason melee tend to stand around in the fire longer than casters... why i dont know. but get that sorted and i bet your situation will improve

Hehe yeh, I can't recall how many times I've told melee to DPS further out, but they just insist on hugging the boss.

on a side note our healers dont heal you if you do stupid things (its not being mean its just there is only so much mana available per fight) might be something to consider. this policy has made us all better raiders as a whole.