Lightwell... please change it

On heroic bosses where theres alot of moving around and moving from fire and stuff, people just dont have time to click the Lightwell...

So, post here of your idea of a Lightwell change that you would like to see.

Mine: When lightwell is placed down, it will heal people for 20,000 over 6 seconds to people in range of the Lightwell without them having to click it.

Thank you for reading xx

Or people can pay attention and it works fine. It's an amazing heal that you can use whenever you need, even while in the middle of casting another spell without interupting your cast, and you have a 20 yard range to click it. Either you need to get better at placing it or your raid need to get better at using it, becaue Lightwell itself is perfect as it is.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our lightwells seem to get used up almost instantly in most situations so yeah.. but I do kind of agree that it's a pretty annoying thing, but I think making it an AoE heal like you suggest would be less interesting.

It's fine the way it is, you can even click it while casting a spell.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    During movement is the best time TO click it... DPS are just stupid. And judging a spell on it's performance in pug heroics is not fair at all.

A lot of people have actually asked me how I get people to use the Lightwell. Watch my stream and you might see how much nagging it takes. =P

I like it the way it is, if people don't click it and die then it is their own fault.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Best time to click it is during the gcd or when casting. It isn't anything to do with your own abilities, and runs parallel with whatever you're doing. So you could be casting frostbolt, and right click it before the cast ends, and it'll still work fine and not interrupt your ability in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    During movement is the best time TO click it... DPS are just stupid.
    Yeah this is something I simply don't understand. Assuming the lightwell is in a half-decent spot in relation to the boss and the movement of the fight, it's only going to delay DPS rotation or movement by a second or two, at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    Yeah this is something I simply don't understand. Assuming the lightwell is in a half-decent spot in relation to the boss and the movement of the fight, it's only going to delay DPS rotation or movement by a second or two, at most.
    Why would you delay your DPS rotation at all? You can click it from 20 yards away while in the middle of casting another spell and it will still apply without interrupting your cast.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

agree, please fix it! the way it works now simply feels wrong.
    BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Xtyz View Post
    On heroic bosses where theres alot of moving around and moving from fire and stuff, people just dont have time to click the Lightwell...

Mine: When lightwell is placed down, it will heal people for 20,000 over 6 seconds to people in range of the Lightwell without them having to click it.

Thank you for reading xx
    I would have to disagree.. I 98% love how it is now. The ONLY change I would make is either have it larger or raised up higher. As it is now someone could stand on top of it and make it hard to be clicked on.

I know this thread has been made a million times before but I've just had a brain-wave. What if the lightwell was considered the Priest's pet. Imagine as if the lightwell was an immobile Imp, you could order it to Fireball any enemy within range. Likewise, you could order your Lightwell to channel a HoT to any nearby raiders. It has a considerably low range and would still require activation, not some automated 'heal the lowest raiders in range'. But this is the most important bit, Lightwells so far have failed before because the function is in the hands of the DPS (to which any healing doesn't buff). This would allow complete control be kept by the healer. Basically the Heal function could be dragged from the pet bar, and you could cast this on any raider almost like a Renew minus the GCD. The range of it might make it incredibly OP, so possibly reducing it and making it more specifically a Melee/Tank HoT or a grouped Ranged HoT. What do you guys think?

Your DPS clearly need to learn to multi-task. If you can't click the like 30yrd range of Lightwell while avoiding the fire, something else is clearly wrong.
    Every Lightwell my guild's priest uses pushes within the top 4 of his heals, depending if it's just the melee or anyone in need of it using it. It is beyond mana-efficient for what it returns, just requires people to act on it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    It's fine the way it is, you can even click it while casting a spell.
    Not only that but you can click it while stunned such as on the Halfus Wyrmbreaker fight when he does the 3 knockdown stuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Crouchyy View Post
    I know this thread has been made a million times before but I've just had a brain-wave. What if the lightwell was considered the Priest's pet. Imagine as if the lightwell was an immobile Imp, you could order it to Fireball any enemy within range. Likewise, you could order your Lightwell to channel a HoT to any nearby raiders. It has a considerably low range and would still require activation, not some automated 'heal the lowest raiders in range'. But this is the most important bit, Lightwells so far have failed before because the function is in the hands of the DPS (to which any healing doesn't buff). This would allow complete control be kept by the healer. Basically the Heal function could be dragged from the pet bar, and you could cast this on any raider almost like a Renew minus the GCD. The range of it might make it incredibly OP, so possibly reducing it and making it more specifically a Melee/Tank HoT or a grouped Ranged HoT. What do you guys think?
    That sounds horribly complicated and would mean that we would not be able to use/control Shadowfiend since you can not have two things with pet bars summoned at once. It's absolutely fine the way it is for anyone with the tiniest bit of awareness and common sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lightwell is perfect just how it is. I cannot believe moving around you cannot click when in range and the range is pretty far.

Leave it alone and try mastering the run click=heal, lol.
    Zift

Quote Originally Posted by Xtyz View Post

Thank you for reading xx
    Nope!
    Thread locked --Kel
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~