Thread: Laptops!

10+ Year Old Account

Laptops!

Can anyone recomend a site that will sell decent laptops for gaming that wont exceed £1000 and or mabye build them ont he site that is well pretty cheap UK spec?

I have read that intel intergrated graphics are bad aswell as the only cheapish ones I find have that :S.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    I have read that intel intergrated graphics are bad aswell as the only cheapish ones I find have that :S.
    USA here, can't comment on UK pricing, but Intel HD graphics have really picked up (if you get a Sandy Bridge based laptop, that is.) Still inferior to most dedicated cards, but owns the HD 5450 and other real entry level stuff. For $1000US though, you can get a good laptop with dedicated video.
    Super casual.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alienware claims to have a laptop starting at either $699 or $999 (US $) but I know you can get a half decent Dell XPS for the same price.

For your sake, and others, I would suggest finding a UK-based, or european distributor of computer hardware (and electronics) like www.newegg.com that sales wholesale gaming comupters. Companies that build gaming computers, like Ibuypower or CyberpowerPC, will sale pre-built models to companies, like newegg.com, usually when new technology comes out. This means you can get the previous technology for a cheaper price that will come with everything you would want built in ready-to-go out of the box.

laptops are a bit harder. Newegg does not sale gaming laptops but Asus and others have models with Nvidia 300-series M video cards. All in the $900-$1700 range.
    Last edited by Paladin885; 2011-03-30 at 09:06 PM.

Can anyone recomend a site that will sell decent laptops for gaming that wont exceed £1000 and or mabye build them ont he site that is well pretty cheap UK spec?

Take a look at this baby:

http://www.powernotebooks.com/Sager-...-sys-3726.html

Not sure what it converts to in pounds but this baby is AWESOME for $1200 US with and i-7 cpu, 8gig ram, blue ray, gtx460M video with 1.5 gig DDR5 video ram etc etc...

One of the contractors at work has one and loves Sager Notebooks..Seems a great deal if it will ship to the UK.

10+ Year Old Account

got an alienware m15x for 1400 after adding the best video card available...
    great fps (50 in org 110+ in raids)
    barely gets as hot as my old laptop
    good power source if ur into playing on the go,which im not but yeah whatever suits u

i heard Asus and Dell XPS are good laptops as well

I'm from the USA and don't know the exchange rate for currency, but you might want to check here.

www (dot) xoticpc (dot) com

*edit*

And I can say from experience that the Sager NP8130 that hambonee linked to is great. That's what I'm using right now ^_^
    Last edited by Fadeproof312; 2011-03-30 at 09:10 PM.

Deleted
    check out Dell Studio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right I was saying UK spec because of the power or somthing that we have over here :S some thing with wattage or I duno but if I bought a laptop from the US would it work in the UK, as in would it charge or what not :S im confused?
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.amazon.com/G53JW-XA1-Repu...1519660&sr=8-5

a cheap and good computer and the shipping fee shouldnt be that high from usa

and there is adapters to fix those issues, make sure you get one of those before u order anything from usa :=)