[Music] Whiz Khalifas New Album (fans only or decent contributors)

Hey All!

I'm not a Taylor Gang fiend but I have really come to appreciate a lot of Khalifa's Mixtapes: 'burn after rolling', 'Kush and Orange Juice', 'Cabin Fever', and 'Flight School'. His lyrics have always been quirky and funny but his first official album 'Rolling Papers' is absolute GARBAGE as far as Hip-Hop goes. Does anyone else like it or am i the only one who hates it. I am a very big fan of Old school New orleans rap and bounce music so the word "Sell Out" is a word used alot lately for the rappers from new orleans. Is Whiz Khalifa a sell out? Please do not just say he is garbage always anyway you have to give him some respect from going from a highschool kid to a paid artist through the internet.

at least as he aint rappin about bitches and money, to me one he's wone of the few good mainstream rappers, i havent heard his new album yet tho

Tend to agree with this. His mixtapes where very good and I enjoyed them.... Was very excited for his retail album after all the hype and banging mixtapes.

Skimmed threw the songs on it and its total garbage. I would not say he "sold out", I think all the hype just got too him. Alittle too much partying and thinking "you made it" and less effort/drive being put into your first (normaly best) album.

I think he has gone mainstream for the most part with this album, but theres still some good songs hes making.

listen to The Race on the album, one of the only songs ive heard on it so far that isn't no shitty "BLACK&YELLOWx100" shit haha
    The Ocean Tastes Salty Cause Everyone Peess In It.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myte342
    Dear Blizzard,

* * Please nerf Rock. But Paper is ok.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -Scissors

i'm gonna see him live when he comes to my college (IU) in 2 weeks
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

All mainstream rap is bad(imo)
    mixtapes are real music
    Hi Sephurik

He's been in the business for a while, while having a huge following with "taylor gang" and pot smokers alike, there comes a time when someone wants millions, instead of hundreds of thousands. I still feel rolling papers, has a very "taylor gang" feel, just on a more broad level. I still like wiz, even though this new cd is meh.

tgod

Wiz Khalifa
    Mac Miller

all day
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]