Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lune View Post
    What piece does the mage have that isn't a tier piece other than the helm? Cause the helm from Omnotron is way better than the tier helm imo.
    She has the Omnotron helm.

Oh and she is fire as well. MT is a Blood DK who had a blue, then we have the Fire Mage who had the Omnotron helmet, gloves and pants from Baradin Hold and chest from valor, Healer is Resto Druid who switched from a Shaman to the druid after about 2 months or so into raiding because we had another shaman and really could use the druid, on his shaman he had 2 to 3 tier pieces I believe.

Based on attendance and performance it would go to the DK as a no brainer, he has missed like 1 or 2 raids and been late once. The Druid is probably a LITTLE better skill-wise than the DK but again, he had said if the DK didn't pass it should've gone to him.
    Last edited by Alcander; 2011-03-31 at 04:58 AM.

For the record, both players deserve it for a variety of reasons external to the issues posted. The ones I posted seemed the most clear cut...I personally agree strongly with the "why doesn't the druid have 3/4 already" line of thinking.

But then I don't know...is it possible that for some classes, 4 piece bonuses aren't that strong, and the tier pieces aren't as good as offset pieces in several slots?

Regardless, in retrospect, I agree it should have gone to the tank. That asshole, for some reason, tries to never give himself loot and for whatever reason we didn't think about it at the time...it was completely between these two. Ah well, live and learn. We almost 9 manned Nef on the first pull and killed it on the second, so it's not like we'll be struggling for the tokens in weeks to come.

Quote Originally Posted by spanctimony View Post
    Regardless, in retrospect, I agree it should have gone to the tank. That asshole, for some reason, tries to never give himself loot and for whatever reason we didn't think about it at the time...it was completely between these two. Ah well, live and learn.
    I think what we can really take out of this is that our Guild Leader is dumb.

EPGP.... has solved many a loot question in my guild

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking as a mage myself the helm is only a slight upgrade. Guessing that your mage is fire, Mastery isn't as useful as it would be if he was Arcane. Power Generator Hood would be better for him and then he can get the Firelord's Mantle from Cho'gall for the 4pc bonus.

Stormrider's Helm is alot better itemized for a resto druid. It has both Haste and Spirit which are good stats for healers.

Edit: You should give it to the more deserving player though. The person who has been in the group longer and has stuck it out.
    Last edited by Pandorox; 2011-03-31 at 05:30 AM.

I don't understands where people are coming from the "healing is not an issue" heroics are where healing starts to become intensive if I'm right so that argument doesn't seem sound to me. I don't know what decision is optimal though.

Deleted
    tank > healer > dps, thats how we handle it

then again its 4set > 2set > no set bonus

but our mages went with the shoulders saying the t11 helm got bad stats

just do group loot. obviously people will decide to pass when they feel they should, if you are with a good group of players.
    we had to bring in a pug rogue for heroic maloriak, loot was on group. rogue got to roll on tier legs (he lost, but we do free rolls for MS)

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Best three of five in rock, papers, scissors.

Good old rock...nothin beats that :P
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

healer>tank>dps

There are other factors, but for heroics you need really gear'd healers (Halfus,Chimaeron). Again tank damage is very high on those fights so the tanks who go for 4 piece for longer "shield wall" could be helpfull in fights like halfus where damage is really high and drops off fast.

Dps, you of course need your dps gearing up, but if your downing nef/chogall your dps is prolly already on par. It is an upgrade, but you probably wont be wiping on your first heroics due to enrage as often as tank deaths.

Healer, Helm is BiS and he can just use the VP to get gloves/legs/chest.

Yep, I`m a druid.
    Last edited by Rhodianni; 2011-03-31 at 09:41 AM.