Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fire mages unite!!!

Alright Mages of MMO Champ. Rate me please! I feel like i have good gear but I still hit like a... well pussy. Despite what the WoW armory says I AM hit capped at 17.04. I am leveling JC... But i cannot pull over 13k DPS. HELP PLEASE!

char info http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ressh/advanced

just because you have good gear does not make you a good player. Your doing it wrong . . .

cap JC then drop mining and grab Tailoring.

What are you doing for rotation?
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

Yeah a rotation would help us. There is no way you should only be pulling 13k DPS in that gear. Your rotation or cooldown timing may be off.

I never really understood why people explain their performance in "I pull X DPS". Against who? I pull 21k on Argolath, and a poor 17k on Heroic Magmaw. So 13k against who? Anyway, there are lots of little things you can do. Drop precision on bracers for Int, and make up the hit with boot hit chant. Drop the Resil shoulder chant for the therazane chant. Power Torrent instead of Hurricane. GL!

Pyroblast to get Critical Mass then LB, after that I use Combustion, then I use Flame orb, and Mirror image. I keep up LB when it runs out as well as Critical mass. Also I always cast Flame orb whenever it is up as well as Combustion. On adds use Blast wave and use LB and Impact so LB spreads.
    And against Cho'gall, sorry I am new... thanks guys
    Last edited by Fressh; 2011-03-31 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fressh View Post
    Alright Mages of MMO Champ. Rate me please! I feel like i have good gear but I still hit like a... well pussy. Despite what the WoW armory says I AM hit capped at 17.04. I am leveling JC... But i cannot pull over 13k DPS. HELP PLEASE!

char info http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ressh/advanced
    The reason armory does not show that you have 17% Hit is because you got the Conclave belt, armory don't show the stats, and I guess you reforged that into hit

The reason you pull out low numbers could depend on many things.
    Are you using scorch every time you move?
    Do you run out of mana?
    Do you maximize damage output on all available targets?

Some fights for instance have more than 1 target.

Valiona & Theralion, you can deeps the one thats flying above, keep living bomb up on both, if you get lucky with hot streaks and get 2 fairly close to each other throw the other pyro at the one in the air to get a dot + possible ignite etc. then go back to nuke the one on the ground.

Cho'gall, while dpsing the big adds you can keep living bomb etc. up on Cho'gall, and if your guild are pulling the boss to throne or w/e in last phase so the tentacle eyes are bunched up you could get some nasty numbers getting a combustion + impact on them as soon as they spawn.

Nefarian, keep living bomb on both nef and ony in p1, if your guild nuke for a crackle in p2 your free to dps Nef in the air while nuking the add on your platform aswell.

I just used above fights as examples, I'm sure you can figure out other fights where you can do similar things.
    Last edited by Swaap; 2011-03-31 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaap View Post
    The reason armory does not show that you have 17% Hit is because you got the Conclave belt, armory don't show the stats, and I guess you reforged that into hit

The reason you pull out low numbers could depend on many things.
    Are you using scorch every time you move?
    Do you run out of mana?
    Do you maximize damage output on all available targets?

Some fights for instance have more than 1 target.

Valiona & Theralion, you can deeps the one thats flying above, keep living bomb up on both, if you get lucky with hot streaks and get 2 fairly close to each other throw the other pyro at the one in the air to get a dot + possible ignite etc. then go back to nuke the one on the ground.

Cho'gall, while dpsing the big adds you can keep living bomb etc. up on Cho'gall, and if your guild are pulling the boss to throne or w/e in last phase so the tentacle eyes are bunched up you could get some nasty numbers getting a combustion + impact on them as soon as they spawn.

Nefarian, keep living bomb on both nef and ony in p1, if your guild nuke for a crackle in p2 your free to dps Nef in the air while nuking the add on your platform aswell.

I just used above fights as examples, I'm sure you can figure out other fights where you can do similar things.
    This was really helpful, thanks! I guess i have never thought about multiple dots on tagets.

Quit asking and go research, you have no excuse to do 13k dps in that gear.Mage rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Kosm View Post
    Quit asking and go research, you have no excuse to do 13k dps in that gear.Mage rotation
    Didnt know i couldnt ask for help... anyways i have reserched the rotation.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/u...e/fressh#v1-z1
    Shows you how to reforge better, enchant better, gem better. Basically does all the math for you

Quote Originally Posted by capslocked View Post
    Shows you how to reforge better, enchant better, gem better. Basically does all the math for you
    Ah this is awesome! thanks a bunch

You are basically asking "how do i play mage at level 85 with full epic raid set"... i don't know if that sounds wrong to you, but you obviously need to go back to basics and stop dragging other people down in your raid.

Where is your 4pc?..

I don't need a 4 piece to do proper dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosm View Post
    You are basically asking "how do i play mage at level 85 with full epic raid set"... i don't know if that sounds wrong to you, but you obviously need to go back to basics and stop dragging other people down in your raid.
    Oh will you please just shut up...

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fressh View Post
    Pyroblast to get Critical Mass then LB, after that I use Combustion, then I use Flame orb, and Mirror image. I keep up LB when it runs out as well as Critical mass. Also I always cast Flame orb whenever it is up as well as Combustion. On adds use Blast wave and use LB and Impact so LB spreads.
    And against Cho'gall, sorry I am new... thanks guys
    You use Combustion with only LB and the Pyroblast dot ticking?

Quote Originally Posted by capslocked View Post
    With this, it shows me to reforge Haste a bunch. Is haste better than crit to reforge for after reaching the hit cap?

---------- Post added 2011-03-31 at 05:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Exera View Post
    You use Combustion with only LB and the Pyroblast dot ticking?
    With ignite as well.