10 man: Heroic ODS vs Heroic Valiona & Theralion

Which of the two encounters listed above for a 10 man heroic raid is more "doable" since the recent nerfs. Also, are there any decent guides to the Twins out there, or video guides for 10 man heroic ODS?

You need decent luck in the RNG of which 2 Omnotrons are up together. With Electron + Magmatron + Toxitron + Arcanotron combo it's super easy.

Since it's 10 man it depends on if you have a sub rogue for V+T. It's almost exactly the same fight as normal except you sort of need a sub rogue in 10 man shifted in the realm killing adds full time.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-04-01 at 06:11 AM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Depends upon how competent your twilight realm team is. If you guys are very confident in them, I recommend V&T if not ODS might be a better choice. Just make sure not to hit any of the shields ever and do not miss interrupts.

Are there any good guides (written or video) out there for Heroic V&T.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you have any rogue, Valiona + Theralion is an absolute joke. He specs subtlety, goes down with the first set, and can stay down there solo forever. You never need to send anyone else, and the rogue never needs to leave.

On the 25man, we send 2 rogues with the swirly void zones and they now completely solo it. It's pathetic, honestly, that they nerfed this fight so hard. For the other 9/23 people, it's identical to the normal mode.

What is your raid setup?

Without a rogue i would do Omnotron first. It has some RNG issues, i.e. grip in green towards oozes, grip when those lightning thing is up on a player and so on. Although we killed it 5 weeks ago (before nerf) we have problems repeating the kill from time to time because of those random elements, took us 5 tries this week.

Valiona and Theralion is not that luck dependent. Only two problems that we encountered were twilight realm without a rogue (we used mage and paladin (bubble and iceblock for stacks) + the tank that gets ported down + a hunter that goes down with the third deep breath). Without a rogue it gets quite complex Second problem was the third blackout when Valiona is on the ground for the second time, because you get that blackout while the violet zones are on the ground. Healer mana is really tight, raid cooldowns should be up for every blackout. Took us 1 1/2 evening (maybe 40 tries).

Quote Originally Posted by messi4h View Post
    What is your raid setup?

Without a rogue i would do Omnotron first. It has some RNG issues, i.e. grip in green towards oozes, grip when those lightning thing is up on a player and so on. Although we killed it 5 weeks ago (before nerf) we have problems repeating the kill from time to time because of those random elements, took us 5 tries this week.

Valiona and Theralion is not that luck dependent. Only two problems that we encountered were twilight realm without a rogue (we used mage and paladin (bubble and iceblock for stacks) + the tank that gets ported down + a hunter that goes down with the third deep breath). Without a rogue it gets quite complex Second problem was the third blackout when Valiona is on the ground for the second time, because you get that blackout while the violet zones are on the ground. Healer mana is really tight, raid cooldowns should be up for every blackout. Took us 1 1/2 evening (maybe 40 tries).
    You should guardian spirit that blackout or pray someone with immunities gets it. We stack and heal off blackout (unles someone can immune) the first two of that phase then gs 3rd.

I'm a sub rogue that solos it and honestly that fight is a joke with a rogue that can stay down the whole time.

I thought they nerfed GS to cap at a certain ammt of the casters hp? blackout is still survivable?

Deleted
    Yeah GS only works for 200% of the player's HP. Blackout iirc does ~260-280k, people have ~130-140k, so it's really borderline/rng if you use that, until people gear up a bit anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc9f738f0006; 2011-04-03 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    Which of the two encounters listed above for a 10 man heroic raid is more "doable" since the recent nerfs. Also, are there any decent guides to the Twins out there, or video guides for 10 man heroic ODS?
    I recommend doing V&T first.