Thread: Destro Vs Demo

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Destro Vs Demo

So i find both rotations interesting, demo more fun imo, but is the DPS that huge as to warrant not playing Demo and making destro that much of a heavier hitter?

yes there is a good amount of dps difference.but whatever you like more you wil play better and so perform better. i thnk choose the one u have more fun playing with.

10+ Year Old Account
    The DPS difference is only really evident on multi-targetting fights like Nefarion, V+T, Twilight Council or on Atramedes where there is such a lot of movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The DPS difference is only really evident on multi-targetting fights like Nefarion, V+T, Twilight Council or on Atramedes where there is such a lot of movement.
    odd because i find myself out dps'ing my demo spec with Destro on any given day. The only reason i roll as a demo lock sometimes is to buff the raid. Happy i can go back to Affli at 4.1 tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    The DPS difference is very significant. However coming from a full-time Demo lock play whatever you like =)

Destro kicks demo's ass except on Maloriak, Halfus and -for me, for some odd reason- Chimaeron.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont kno why but i enjoy demo alot more than destro. After playing demo since BC i switched to destro at the beginning of Cata and got sick of the ISF mechanic. Demo is alot more fun and its nice on encounters with movement and not having to worry keeping up ISF. Bane of Havoc is nice but multi-dotting as demo with immolate for increased molten core procs isnt too bad either. I am pulling around 20k on almost all fights as demo(except Halfus and Magmaw, do alot more). People say destro is good on movement fights becuz of instant casts, but i like demo, dots rolling and ur succubus critting for 15-17k isnt too bad either, then a quick HoG with high haste and 2 pc bonus is pretty nice damage.
    All and all, at high haste and mastery lvls, demo performs really well, but u have to time ur cooldowns and spells like BoD for maximum damage output.
    Also, pet swapping on fights like maloriak and ToTFW is pretty fun. Succubus before green phase on maloriak, and soul burning while in air on Throne fight right before u come down to platform with plant adds, then bringing out felguard and wiping them out, good timesssss.

Destro is going to be the better DPS spec for every current raid fight apart from Maloriak. However, demo is very useful for the 10% spellpower buff, and it isn't that much lower on a lot of fights. If you flat out dislike destro (and I can understand why with ISF) go with demo. Like affliction, demo will also be getting a buff since felhunter will likely be the new pet of choice for single target. This will allow you to throw in a new prime glyph such as Incinerate since there isn't a glyph for felhunter. Someone was saying that it was roughly a 500 dps increase. Then again, affliction is going to be the obvious winner next patch. So you'll be asking yourself this question again.

For single target demonology is not that far behind destruction as some people in this thread try to make you believe, make sure to use the succubus + glyph for it though.

And what exactly makes you think the demonology 'rotation' is interesting/fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siph View Post
    For single target demonology is not that far behind destruction as some people in this thread try to make you believe, make sure to use the succubus + glyph for it though.

MC procs, watching the boss's health to time decimation, positioning for AoE with Hellfire/IA, timing cooldowns appropriately... Much more than tunnel vision whack-a-mole as Destro for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Siph View Post

Its easy and less annoying than destro.

Demo is really solid on sinestra too, aoe'ing whelps, bursting down the eggs, metamorphosis uptime more than 50% due to the hast buff.

and demo can really perform well on ANY encounter, even with multi target like valiona and theralion, but suffers of RNG, Impeding doom can be really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciremyk View Post
    Demo is really solid on sinestra too, aoe'ing whelps, bursting down the eggs, metamorphosis uptime more than 50% due to the hast buff.

and demo can really perform well on ANY encounter, even with multi target like valiona and theralion, but suffers of RNG, Impeding doom can be really annoying.
    Demo is god awful on fights like Atramedes. I do well with it obviously on the AoE fights, do OK on most other fights, but for some encounters it's just garbage.

Atramedes hitbox is large enough to use immolation aura and shadow flame, while still at a respectable range from the boss, with these spell you can easily do well ( 22k last week )
    i agree, air phase is ... awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    MC procs, watching the boss's health to time decimation, positioning for AoE with Hellfire/IA, timing cooldowns appropriately... Much more than tunnel vision whack-a-mole as Destro for me at least.
    Rofl. Are we really gonna have to get started on that discussion again? :P

And what the hell do you mean by tunnel vision? You're arguing yourself because earlier in the topic you said "The DPS difference is only really evident on multi-targetting fights like Nefarion, V+T, Twilight Council". Multidotting =/= Tunnelvision...

Well so far imo, Demos burst is highest destros thanks to Meta, at least personally for me, granted I could be doing something wrong, I also really think the ISF mechanic makes the destro rotation feel so weak because its like..smooth casting and then a rough 2.6 second cast or so. I mean, sure SB but...only got 3 of those.

plus
    DEMON FORM

No spec can top that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciremyk View Post
    Atramedes hitbox is large enough to use immolation aura and shadow flame, while still at a respectable range from the boss, with these spell you can easily do well ( 22k last week )
    i agree, air phase is ... awful.
    Well I was at similar dps (22k dps, 21k effective dps) this week in a pretty slow 10man pug as destro this week, and my gear is FAR worse than your own. Demo really does seem pretty terrible for that fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyz View Post
    Rofl. Are we really gonna have to get started on that discussion again? :P

And what the hell do you mean by tunnel vision? You're arguing yourself because earlier in the topic you said "The DPS difference is only really evident on multi-targetting fights like Nefarion, V+T, Twilight Council". Multidotting =/= Tunnelvision...
    Multidotting two targets is exactly the same for Destruction as it is for Demonology, I don't see your point? Are you implying that somehow Destruction has a harder job of it? The difference in damage is purely and simply down to BoH which requires minimal maintainence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Multidotting two targets is exactly the same for Destruction as it is for Demonology, I don't see your point? Are you implying that somehow Destruction has a harder job of it? The difference in damage is purely and simply down to BoH which requires minimal maintainence.
    No, but you were kinda implying that destro was tunnel vision while demo wasn't. And now you're saying they're the same. Boy, you really can't make up your mind.

And why the hell did you bring in the damage done argument? I didn't even mention anything of the likes. You're the most random person I've ever argued with, simply because there's nothing to argue against because you change the topic from post to post.

Well I was at similar dps (22k dps, 21k effective dps) this week in a pretty slow 10man pug as destro this week, and my gear is FAR worse than your own. Demo really does seem pretty terrible for that fight.
    heroic vs normal cannot be compared as u can't cast any spell while air phase on heroic ( or u are VERY lucky )