JC + Outfitter woes...

so with the addition of my new belt that i gemmed 2x JC STR gems, i am having issues when stance changes from prot to arms... the bracers from prot and the belt from dps set does not change and i get a "you cannot equip more than 3... yadda..." message...

do i really have to move one of my jc gems out of the belt?

Long answer short: yes - u can only have 3 JC gems equipped at one time

I think muliercula understood you wrong or i might be understanding it wrong, but yes outfitter goes from slot x-y replacing a item at a time (superfast) and thats why you get the error i'd get a "naked" set to swap to first and then you can swap to the appropriate one w/o any errors.
    link to my desktop and laptop on imgur
    Speccs on desktop: MK Asus Sabertooth X58, 1x 1TB Western Digital RE4, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD Vertex3, CPU Core i7 950, 3,2GHz, Corsair 12GB DDR3
    2x GK PCIe GB GF GTX 580 3GB GDDR5 ( ) Corsair Obsidian 650D, PSU OCZ ZX-series 850W 80+ GOLD, 3x Samsung 22'' Screens
    And a 27" BenQ G2750

so in essence, when i go from my arms to prot, and before the belt is changed, i already have 2 JC gems, then the belt is not getting changed cus my belt has 2 jc gems? hmm... this is a nuisance...

thanks...

and no, Mulier, i'm not trying to have more than 3 gems... just trying to make my gear swap go smoothly w/o error message.

oh sorry for the missunderstanding then

Deleted
    Moved to using the stock blizzard equipment manager due to this exact issue. Yeah, it is being caused by exactly what you described, I'd suggest simply using the inbuilt equipment manager, as it changes all items "instantly" rather than one at a time.

It's about the only instance I can think of where the blizzard inbuilt works better than available addons.

that or. you can gem the same item slot. Meaning Always gem your belts/wrist with the JC gem, or what ever you prefer. Not the best "fix" but that works. For my Alch trinks I have to keep them all in the same slot so when i change in outfitter i wont get an error.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, once I got my hands on EquipSetUpdater and HelmNCloak, I swapped completely to the Blizzard equipment manager just so this sort of thing doesn't happen.

thanks for the many replies... quick question bout the blizz equip mgr... does it change per stance as outfitter or do i have to click to change?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can set up your stance changes as macros - there's a simple slash command for changing sets - /equipset <set_name>

so here's a followup question...

i have 2 simple macro that cycles my stances in both directions:

B < D < Z
    B > D > Z

and i've set this to my mouse scroll wheel rt & lf so it's simple to change stances...
    now, yes, in combat, they will not change gear but will change weapons, right?

anyways, is it possible to work
    /equipset <set_name>

my stance cycle macro is:
    /cast [stance:1] Berserker Stance; [stance:3] Defensive Stance; [stance:2] Battle Stance

thanks!